Saturday, February 1, 2014

ORLY Secret Society Collection Review Pt 1

Earlier this month, ORLY had a pinterest contest to win their entire Secret Society Collection. I think you just had to pick out an SS polish, then pin some clothes and accessories to make a fancy "Secret Society" outfit. I entered, but never saw any winners announced, so I figured I'd lost. Wrong!!

ORLY Secret Society Collection
 Back on the 22nd of January, I received a box from ORLY. I was confused, because I wasn't expecting anything from them. Then I caught a tiny printed message on the packaging that read "Secret Society Winner". I immediately got excited! I've never tried ORLY before, and here were six polishes for me to try! Woot!!


I'll split the review in two, so here are the first three polishes I'm reviewing:
Voyeuristic Adventure, What's the Password?, and Risque Encounter
 Voyeuristic Adventure, What's the Password?, and Risque Encounter





First up, Voyeuristic Adventure
Voyeuristic Adventure


 The sun made this look more silver, but Voyeuristic Adventure is more of a light, champagne-y taupe, foil-y metallic shimmer. It's pretty nice as far as application goes, but probably not a personal fave. I might like it better as part of a nail art instead of on its own.



Next is What's The Password?

What's the Password?



What's the Password? is a burnt, rusty orange with gold shimmer glitter in it. You might be able to tell by the extra pic, I really like this polish. It's a very pretty orange, and the gold shimmer just makes it even better.




Last is Risque Encounter
Risque Encounter


Risque Encounter is a red Creme polish that looks more like a cream jelly. I love how crelly this polish looks., even though I'm not usually a fan of the orange-toned reds. I didn't use a top coat for any of these pics, it looks fabulous without!




Overall, I really like ORLY. I can just picture a simple french mani with Rique Encounter and What's the Password? on the tips. And I LOOOVE the rubber grip cap. My fave in this group is What's the Password, and least fave is Voyeuristic Adventure. :)



Ways to check out ORLY:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy