Friday, October 15, 2010

What did I just buy?!?!

So I went grocery shopping for the family today, as I do every 15th of the month. And I encountered "squeezable fruit snacks". Ever heard of them? Me either. Now, myself? I assumed they were some generic version of Gushers, which, for those who don't know, are fruit snacks with liquid centers.

I. Was. Wrong.

When they say "squeezable", they basically mean liquefied. In other words, so gross. They're served in pouches much like some juices, and are similar in consistency to apple sauce - if apple sauce was a bit chunkier and the chunks were chewier. It is seriously as if they dropped a bunch of fruit snacks in to a blender, added a bit of hawaiian punch, and went at it.

Maybe this stuff is good to kids. I suppose I'm too old to like it... but hey, mayhaps when I'm so old I need things pureed for me, I'll get a hankering for some squeezable fruit snacks... *shudders* All I know is right now, I feel like I'm going to hurl. When's Halloween again? Mayhaps I can drop the rest of these pouches in to some unsuspecting kid's pillow case when they come trick or treatin'...


that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy