Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hello again.

Hey there world. Long time no speak. I think I've taken a long enough break from my blog. I think.


I've... come to terms with the break up I think. Deep down, I'm not sure if he ever really loved me, and if that's the case, I'm glad we went our separate ways. Now if only I could get around to cleaning my room - so I can get all his stuff to him. But my room cleaning aspirations were put on hold for the January Secret Santa project. And they continue to stay on hold until after the ED Birthday Contest.

More on both of those in a moment. Right now I'd like to share a photo:
That is a picture of my car's mileage. 150,000. Ha. I was happy to be the one driving the car when it hit this milestone, and grateful my dad didn't freak out when I pulled over to take a quick picture with my phone. Haha.


Two of the five cars in our household were broken this month. My mom's and my dad's. My brother and his gf are always really busy though, and I'm still unemployed, so I was given the job of chauffeur this month. Just great. I don't normally mind, but I had projects to do this month, and what with me driving back and forth between my mom's job and the train station to pick my dad up... at 9pm, 6am, 8am, and 6pm... every day... plus the sleep or lack thereof I should have been participating in... my mind was mush for most of this month. The good news? All Monday I spent driving around with my mum while waiting for her car to get fixed at the mechanics... so now her car is all better. Which means instead of me being the driver, I can stay home and my dad can just take my car. That means I can't go anywhere until after 630pm or so... but hey, works for me.

In the middle of my Secret Santa projects, my There writing community, Wordgrove, had their annual writing contest. They have three categories - poetry, "journey" (journal/blog/random?), and prose - and then there's a "My Way" table for those who choose not to be in the voting, but still participate. Then there's a winner (silver quill award) for each of the three categories - won by popular vote, and one "gold torch" - which is awarded to the person of the creator of the contest's choosing. This is the contest's sixth year. For the first four years, I'd won in Prose. Then I was asked by the creator to step down from competing. lol. So last year, I threw a piece on to the My Way table... and he awarded me with the gold torch award. XD

Soooo, after winning for five years in a row, I'm no longer counted towards the voting. lol. But I still threw something on the My Way table, and this year I decided to include my current fascination with clay:
She looks out a window. It's bright out. She's wearing cheerfully loud and happy colors. The sun winks at her. She smiles. She looks deeper. The sky darkens. The smile fades. Clouds overcast. Her eyes mimic the shadows. It's raining. Hard. She's crying. Lightning blinks. A flash of pain blinds her momentarily. As the blood runs down her arm, she can't help but wonder - was she looking out a window? Or was she looking in?

Yeah, really short entry, but it's what came to mind, then I made a clay figure to match. She's based on my There avie:
Tis an outfit she wears often.


Anyhoo... other than my noxy clay thinger, I'd been working on my Secret Santa projects. I have one person I was assigned to, then chose to do an exchange with Tencats as well. I'm soooo glad I chose that too, because I love love LOVE her gift. It's a table with little foodie goodies on it. So cute! She uses colored clay to make her goodies, which is something I've wanted to try doing, but in the end, plain white clay is so much cheaper than the colored clay - so I make everything out of white and then paint it. I haven't taken a picture of my present from Tencats yet, but I shall soon.

The presents I made my peoples are similar, but have slight differences - be it in color or type or whatever. I hope they like em! I really sorta went random with my presents... there's no theme. Just a bunch of stuff thrown together. Haha.

Moving on. Now that I've finally finished the SS projects, I can start on that birthday entry. I'm freaking out, because I'm not sure if I can do everything I plan on doing. But then I can't say what I'm doing, because I want it all to be a surprise... we'll just say I'm fully planning on giving my all for it. I know there are dozens of exceptionally talented artists whom are fans of Marina, so I need to go big or go home if I want any chance at the contest. The best part of the contest is the fact that I'll be able to actually send my present to Marina, someone whom I've much admired and basically been obsessed with, for years. No matter what the result of the contest is, I'll still be happy, provided she likes my gift. Hehe.

So I moved my workstation... again. First it was in one section of the basement... then it moved to another part... then another part... and then it moved upstairs to the family room that never gets used... then to the dining room that rarely gets used... then to the living room that only I use apparently... and now it's in my bedroom. Which, is good and bad. Because my room is still a horrid mess. And then the small area I have for makings went from small to smaller to non existent with my SS project, so I had to re-clean it.
This is my workspace cleaned. So that bit right there with the tape on it is the main working area. Then everything else is gathered around it... not to mention the open bags and boxes that are on the floor wrapped around the wall to the right there... I so need shelves in my room. Ha. Oh gosh, and the fact that this is supposed to be a built in vanity table means there's a mirror... so there's my unmatching jammies and part of the mess that's taken over my room behind me.
In the midst of this clean mess, there are two things additionally on my to-do list. For those who can recognize EDs by photo, under Banshee you can see a partially hidden figure. She's done except for hair. I just haven't gotten around to finishing that. She was what I worked on immediately following the breakup... so bear that in mind when I show her finished - whenever that may be. The other thing on my to do list is a simpler one... it's the envelope over by my teddy on the right. I need to mail it sometime. lol. Simple enough right? Smack a stamp on it and shove it in a mailbox. Nah, too simple. My stamps are forever stamps. And I hear those are useless when trying to mail something overseas. And this particular envelope is supposed to headed to Australia. Which means I need to get to a post office to buy the right postage for it. Which means I need a car to go before the Post Office closes at 4pm... and my dad has my car until 6pm. So yeah... challenge!! My mom's out of town for a couple days... so I guess I'm hoping I'll be able to steal my car on Saturday morning before my dad needs to use it. I SHOULD have mailed it out while I was mailing out the SS stuff... but yeah I forgot about it. Oops.

So yeah... anyway, enough basic info and ramblings. I must get my ideas in order to start this contest project. Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ms Noxy, love your poetry, love your spirit, love your gifts...love you xxxxx
    Lotsa lurrv,
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanky Jayne! Love you too! *hugs!*

    ReplyDelete
  3. My money's on you to win the Birthday Contest, Noxy! Yren is stamping her little feet with impatience for you to have your own girl. We're sending lots of psychic hugs and warm thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thanks Ruth! *feeling the warm thoughts - helpful when it's freezing in my room* I'm trying my darnedest for this entry! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy