Friday, June 17, 2011

Oh hey there.

I went from blogging every day in April, to blogging twelve times in May... and now, over halfway through June... I'm making my first post of the month. Could it be my last post of the month as well? Only time will tell.

Some catching up... I halted the creation of my Humpy Hank cards. But I plan on starting them up again very soon. I have set myself a completion date - July 22nd. That is the day of the Chicago Nerdfighter Gathering event, and I will be bringing some hats to possibly sell during the gathering. I would also like to bring some Humpy Hank cards. Of course, in order to do either one, I must make hats and finish the cards. I'll do it though. I have faith in myself. Maybe. Okay, maybe not. I think it's more that I'm curious to see if I can accomplish what I'm aiming to do. It doesn't help that I don't have a printer either. But that's not an excuse, it's just a statement. I can work around that. And the lack of a paper cutter. Oh man, that's going to suck. But I'll manage.

So now, you might be asking me, "um... okay noxy. If you're aiming to get hats made and Humpy Hank cards finished in a month, why are you here writing? Why are you not off making hats and working on cards?"

Why you all up in my bizniss, unnamed person? We's bout to start a fight if you keep hangin all up on my grill yo.

Okay... no. You have a valid point. I should be making hats. I should be working on cards. But I'd also wanted to try finishing Eat, Pray, Love, which has been on my "to-finish" pile for over a year. I'm about halfway through it, (somewhere in India, for folks who've read it before.) and I took a break to talk to you. Geeze. I can't talk to you anymore? Lay off. Calm yoself. Lemme do what I do. Yo diggity.

Truth be told, I was more interested in Italy than I am in India in the book. And so I might opt to work on some hats after writing this. I really do want to finish reading it though, I have the movie saved on my DVR, and I refuse to watch it until I've finished the book. My friend Mingo has informed me that I'm approaching an imagined deadline, where "I plan on finishing the book someday" has become more of a lie than a truth. Not yet though. I'm still trying dammit.

Hmm...

You know, I had come here with the express purpose of catching up. To tell you about Maureen Johnson and plans to visit Michigan and that NKOTBSB concert I'd gone to and never talked about and other whatnots... and now I'm sitting here, wondering if I feel like going in to all that at the moment. So mayhaps this will just be a short post. I'll end it here. And mayhaps... mayhaps I shall share all that with you another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy