Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Day After Turkey Day!


Teehee... teehee hee. Today I chose Alice and Jasper because I saw New Moon on Monday and thought it was lovely. All except for maybe an absolutely and completely pointless fight scene... I know it's Hollywood so they need to add more action.. but they could choose a better place to add it? Or maybe make the fight have a point?? I do so love the Twilight Series though. Can't wait to see the next film.



I shall start today by cursing at this new picture thing the blog maker has now. Then I will share a picture:


He he he... I saw this sign in the knick knacks section of a thrift store, and thought it was cute, so I took a pic with my phone. :)

Next up, I thought I'd share a picture of all the goodies my lovely ED friend mayple sent me one happy day:

Teehee! Soooo many fun things to play with! I had tons of fun looking through it all, and thinking of things to make from it. I ended up using some of the boa yarn as hair for one of my little clay figurines... hmm... boa yarn that I now see I forgot to throw in the picture. Oops. Hehe. THANK YOU AGAIN MAYPLE!


Another thing to share, I'm a fan of whoopie pies. Actually, I make them a lot smaller than they should be, so I call them just whoopies. Anyhoo, while wandering various blogs one day a couple weeks back, I found a recipe for Pumpkin Whoopie Pies at my friend Ruth's daughter's blog. They looked sooo yummy I decided to bug my dad to buy some extra ingredients when we went turkey-day-grocery-shopping. Then Monday morning, at around 2am, I opted to make them instead of sleeping. Boy was that fun! And it looks like Ruth's daughter makes them small too, mine ended up looking a lot like hers did, except not as perfectly round, cuz I was just using a tbsp measuring spoon. But goodness! They're yummy! The boyfriend has been eating them in lieu of meals, and my mom keeps telling me to make more. If you like pumpkin pie, you'd like these cookies. They basically taste just like a piece of pumpkin pie, except instead of whipped cream on top, you have cheesecake in the middle. lol. Pumpkin cheesecake. mmmm....


Next up... my clay thingers.

Tada! They are the twelve days of Christmas.  Teehee. I sorta placed them all in an odd way... 1-4 on the top row (1 being the one in dark green reading a book) then 5-8 in the middle sorta, and 9-12 in front... and they're all right to left, not left to right. *shrug* lol. They took quite a while to make, and I really wasn't sure of pricing, so they're probably overpriced, but oh well. They can be found here at my etsy. My goal was to sell just one. If just one sold, I'd be happy. And one did sell! Six Geese a Laying, which is kind partially hidden back there, so here's a better pic of her:

Sold just hours after I posted them. And the buyer also bought all three of my little clay books, which made me double happy, though confused. Why on earth would someone want 3 little clay books that all look almost exactly the same? lol. But oh wells. Hehe. Of all of my Twelve Days of Christmas, my favorite one is Four Calling Birds.

She's got pink hair, green eyes, a cute little dress, a pink cellphone, she's barefoot, and she has four birds "a calling" on their own little cellphones. Ha hahahahaha. Fun stuff. Fuuun stuff.

So a couple months back, I was thinking of Christmas. Every year, my dad chooses 20 or so Christmas songs, sticks them all on CDs, then sends them to the family as Christmas cards. But... after 4 Christmases... 80 songs later... it's getting more and more difficult to find songs that he likes to put on CDs. I mean, there are hundreds of Christmas songs out there, but eh, lots of them sound rather... the same. So, thinking he might still want to send out special cards, I thought I would draw a picture, then we could print them out on  cards and send them out. My first thought was a family photo. I think I was 5 the last time we all actually sat down for a photo together. And now there's my bf, and my bro's gf, who've basically been a part of this family for almost 5 years now. So I went a drawing. But then my idea for the Twelve Days of Christmas showed up, and I ended up halting my drawing to get the ladies finished. I went back to it this past wednesday, and ended up with:

Tada! Hehe haha. That's me sitting on the floor to the left, then the bf is on a chair to himself, my mum is standing behind him, my dad is standing next to her, and my bro and his gf are both sitting in another chair. Technically speaking, we only have one of those chairs. We have one chair and a sofa in that pattern. But I liked them better in chairs. Also, of everything everyone is wearing, I made up almost all the outfits. They're just shirts I thought we'd wear. I'd totally wear the "silent night" shirt, and my bf loves wearing button shirts open with tshirts under them. My bro loves penguins, and my bro's gf is all for wearing something that sorta matches him. My mom actually wears a hat that's similar, save for the red glitter heart, (the heart on her hat is silver) and I think she owns a button down similar to that one... she might even have a green shirt too. lol. My dad is the only one in the picture wearing something that I know for a fact that he wears. Every Christmas. An old santa hat and a dark blue hawaiian shirt. I even pulled the shirt from his closet to reference it. Hehe.

I'm going to get everyone's signatures, and scan them in to put them on the picture itself. I showed the pic to my dad, who liked it and sent me out to buy blank greeting cards. So hopefully by the end of this weekend, I'll have been able to get everyone's signature and print out some cards. Hooray.



A final note here, to anyone who reads my blog. I entered a small contest at a forum I frequent, called Real Life Plus.  I'm not even sure why I entered, as often the contest is more based on popularity than what each entry actually is. But the winner gets an ipod shuffle, and I've wanted an mp3 player for ages. Got one for Christmas last year, but it was broken, or just wouldn't work with my computer, so it had to be returned. :(

Anyhoo, only four people entered the contest this time, and I'd really, really like to win, I worked really hard on my entry... and so I'm sorta asking anyone who might have the time... if they could possibly sign up for the site, and vote for me? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Here's the link to register to the site.

And here's a link to the contest for this month. My entry is the last one, found here.

And finally here's the link to the poll for voting. The only poll you can vote on right now is "Digging for Tunes" and my entry is called "The Treasure of the Tunes - noxy"

Voting is only up until the 30th of this month.  If you can't then no worries, not that big a deal. Just sorta hopin' I win.

And with that, I'm off. Toodles blog world!

5 comments:

  1. I voted for you :)
    Good luck!
    And congrats on your Etsy shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you so much for voting aneemal! I appreciate it muchly! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so happy to see all those little figures you've made, soo amazing! I love your quirky humour and take on things too, those little birds chirping on tiny bird cellphones... It's too funny, I can't believe it! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Noxy! I couldn't get registered to vote, but i'll try again from my home computer. congratulations on your Etsy sales! Of course your buyer wants a whole shelf of your cool clay books!

    BTW, if you don't like the new blogger tools, you can switch back to the old editor. it's in your settings.

    Emily will be thrilled that you like her whoopie recipe. She made some at Thanksgiving and i really like them too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for trying to vote Ruth. The contest is actually over, so no worries. I ended up tied for first place, and the other person decided I should win, so he stepped down. Should be an extra birthday present for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy