Friday, November 6, 2009

It's Friday Night. Do you know where YOU are?

Hee hee haha. Pocahontas is a great movie, but I must admit my favorite parts had to be the parts that involved the bird, the raccoon and the pug. I... don't know if I remember their names... Flit... or Flik? Might have been the bird, then Meeko? Could have been the raccoon. I'm fairly certain the little pug was named Percy. Hee hee. I named my carved jack o lantern Percy! Though the name just came to me when I was naming the pumpkin. I hadn't thought to name it after anything.

Speaking of Percy the Pumpkin. I dried up the pumpkin seeds, then boiled them in saltwater, only to dry them out again. Problem with that though... I might have ruined them. I think I boiled them too long. The water had been almost boiled completely away because I forgot about it. Then to fix it, I added water to continue boiling it... only to almost boil it away again. I've never made these things before!! So yeah, they're drying, and hopefully they'll taste okay. Here's hoping. Ha.


Tada! A picture of some of the candies I passed out on Halloween. And now I present you with a couple of pictures of my in my Gryffindor costume.





I was this a couple of years ago, but I felt the urge to dress up to pass out candy. Plus, I love the cloak thinger. And I'd look rather odd if I wore it on a normal basis. Plus, when I stand, the cloak just barely touches the floor. Which means, when I walk, I easily trip over the derned thing. Especially if I'm walking up a curb or steps or something. The only difference between this year's "student" and the "student" from a couple years ago - wardrobe wise - is here I'm wearing gray slacks, whereas last time I wore a black skirt. I couldn't find the skirt though, so meh. And I wore gray socks instead of the gray tights I wore with the skirt. I couldn't find the wand I carved! I'm still upset about that. Luckily I had a backup in my Hogwarts bookbag. It was the wand that came in a book called "The Wandmaker's guide to Wandmaking" or something like that. I went all out for this costume those years back. LOL. Even though noone looked IN my bag, *I* knew what was in there.

Technically, I didn't have any butterbeer in there this year, cuz I didn't have the money to go buying cream soda and butterscotch schnapps. OH I wish I did have the money though. That stuff is yummy. And you know what? Most of the kids who recognized my outfit? Asked if I was HARRY POTTER! WTF? In kindergarten I get looked at funny because I'm Raphael, a DUDE, for Halloween. And NOW kids automatically assume I'm a dude because of the outfit?? Do you SEE a lightning bolt scar or glasses on my anywhere?! Oy. Meh, my answer was always yes. Sure, I'm Harry. I got a few kids asking if I was Hermione, which in my mind made a bit more sense, because I'm a chick. And one kid asked if I was Padma Patel. Which I thought was funny, since obviously they took my skintone in to consideration when guessing. I gave them extra candy. Hehe. One person actually did guess I was just a Gryffindor student though. It was the father of an adorable little toddler who just wanted candy, and instead had to wait while his dad and I talked about Harry Potter. Hahaha.

So I mentioned I had taken over the dining room area for my clay makings. Last night, my brother informs me that he's having friends over, and that I will need to clean up the dining room before tomorrow night. It... PISSED ME OFF. I hated having a nice little workspace, only to have to clean it all up before I'm even done playing, just because HE'S having company over. I tell ya, if I ever manage to get myself in to a place all my own, I'd BETTER have an area ALL TO MYSELF that I can play with whenever I want. I know I have to clean up the dining room before Thanksgiving, and I was preparing for that, but then he comes along and makes me clean up sooner. And then? AND THEN!!! Today he comes home, and my mom's like "So you're having friends over?" And he replies, "No, they're coming tomorrow. I didn't think it would be clean by tonight." 

...

...

UGHHHHH. MAKE ME CLEAN UP MY AREA JUST SO YOUR BLOODY FRIENDS CAN COME OVER AND THEN YOU FIGURE I WON'T EVEN DO WHAT YOU FRICKIN' ASKED??!


Are you KIDDING ME? I don't even see why I had to clean up the room in the first place. It's not like it was disgusting old food or something all over the room. It was clay, wax paper, aluminum foil, and small bottle things of paint. And they were just strewn about the table. They're not even going to use the dining room. Seriously! If they asked about it, he could have said "Oh my sister makes things with clay" or something like that.

So basically, I moved all my stuff from the wonderfully lit dining room, to the crappily lit "family room," where everything is on two coffee tables, so the table height requires me to sit on the floor. I'm a bit ticked off. 


I had a dream the other night. It was weird, and "romance" related... but it was set in a bakery. More importantly, it was apparently my bakery. That stood out in my mind. I think some day I might like to try baking cakes. Hahaha. Like, really making one. Not using cake mix. lol. But that's... someday in the future. For now I play with clay.

I think I'll end tonight with some pictures of two ED's. Annika's ED's to be precise. She is lucky enough to own Laird, a gorgeous ebony skinned male ED, and has recently acquired an equally gorgeous, pale skinned female, named Agatha.



There's agatha. I'm smitten with this little lady's nose. It's sooo adorable.



And there's the two of them. Suuuch a lovely couple. It makes me want a couple for myself. For the longest time I've wanted sisters. But, now I'm thinking I'd rather have a couple. Either way is far fetched, and I'm lucky to get my hands on one, let alone two. I don't even know when I'll be lucky enough to get my one.  Sigh. In my imaginary world, where I'm... you know, a millionaire, I own a dozen different custom EDs, plus a few of the costumed EDs. Ha ha ha. 

2 comments:

  1. They are absolutely adorable... Agatha and Laird. Like you, I always wanted some sisters for Fern.... but seeing this cute couple is just *breaking my heart* to get Fern a handsome Elven Prince!

    I was glad to read you are making things with clay... what sort of things? Dolls?

    I sent you your parcel yesterday, with all the craft supplies. It cost me an arm and a leg, but I really hope it inspires you to make some beautiful things. It would be the least I could hope for.

    -monika & fern

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great as a Gyrffindor, Noxy! Halloween is about the only time we get to dress up as HP characters, since the release-date bookstore parties are no more... Sigh...The Barnes & Noble used to be like Times Square, always friends there too, waiting to buy the newest book.

    Agatha really is an amazing doll--such a different look for an ED. I love her smoky eyes. I'm anxious to see the doll *you* order, too--hope it's as soon it can possibly be!

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy