Monday, February 8, 2010

And now for a commercial break.

So... I was thinking... about past shows... and parts that made me laugh...

Can anyone else relate? Remember watching a television show when you were younger, (or even recently) and catching a part of it that made you laugh hysterically... and never forgot it? I went searching for clips to share with you my laughs. Hee hee.





First... we have Married with Children. (About 5 minutes and 37 seconds in to the show.)
Buck, (the dog) in an attempt to prove he's not senile, decides to bury a bone. (actually an anniversary present for Peggy.) He bumps in to the coffee table and says "oh, excuse me madam." (rofl) He finds the "bone" and on the way to the backyard, bumps in to the couch. "Will you stop following me?!" (ROFLMAO)


Here's a link to the specific time it happens.


Next, there's Murphy Brown. Yep, I used to watch Murphy Brown when I was a kid... as in like... 5-7 years old. lol. Only one part of Murphy Brown stood out for me though. (about 1 minute and 24 seconds in to this clip) Murphy is at the hospital, basically ready to pop, but not just yet. She goes for a walk around the halls, and while she's with Miles, she starts to yell in pain. Miles, quick thinker that he is, dove to catch the baby - should the baby just pop right out. Hehe haha. That part was hiLARIOUS to me even as a kid.

A link to the specific time it happens - though the part before it is pretty funny too. hehe.


Sadly, I have one more specific funny scene I remember, but Fox apparently doesn't allow the Simpsons to be thrown on Youtube, so I was unable to find a clip of it. (Booooooo) I shall just have to explain. It's on the show "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad Marge" or something like that. (season 11, episode 21) I think Marge is on the phone in the kitchen, and Homer wanders in happily, sits, puts his hand on the table, and pulls out a knife. He then plays a knife game - the one where you quickly try and jab the knife in between your fingers - the object being to not hit your fingers. (what an incredibly stupid game) Homer... is not very good at this game. He hits his fingers with every single jab, saying "ow" each time.
Marge finally says over her shoulder (I think) "Homer, quit playing knife games at the kitchen table."
To which Homer responds, while holding his bloodied hand, "I didn't hit your precious table."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... Hehehe...


And here's another moment I, again, was unable to find a youtube link to, which is sad. And frustrating. How could people get so much of the rest of the infomercial, and not the best part?! It happens on Nads. Nads is an all natural hair removal system... similar to waxing I believe.

The ladies are all sitting at a table, and one says something like "you know, I hate harsh chemicals, because I have small children, and I'm so afraid they'll get into something they shouldn't."
The nads lady says, "Oh! Well, you know, Nads is all natural, so you can eat it if you want! Here! Try some!"
*All ladies "dig in" with exclamations of "mmm!"*
One lady, "Now I have two reasons to buy Nads! To remove hair, and to put it on my toast!"

....

....

...WHAT!? This part of the infomercial made me laugh hysterically because um... they're eating hair remover. EXCUSE ME??? How is this going to make me want to buy Nads?! I sat with a horrified look on my face during the entire scene until the "toast" bit. THAT'S what set me off on a fit of hysterical laughter. YEAH! Let's pay tons of money for a hair removal system... and then just use it as an alternative to butter on toast! YAAAY!

Apparently though, (found while I was trying to find SOME footage of this scene) some dude did try to eat it, and basically gave it a fairly yummy review.



Another one was Family Guy, (can't find the youtube for it...again.) Peter finds that his house is not on the map, and therefore not a part of the US. He dubs his land "Petoria." (Peterland was already taken by a gay bar.) Lois is giving the news a tour of their land and mentions that they're hoping to get to the moon soon. Cut to nighttime - Chris, at the top of their tree in the backyard, reaching for the moon saying "almost.... almost.... aaahh!" *falls* "They should really leave this to monkeys."
HAHAHAHAHA... It's the reaching for the moon from a tree that gets me. HEeee



Another laugh was always had with Whose Line is it Anyway? I used to watch the UK version at all odd hours of the night... when I was in middle school. Ha. I'd "go to sleep," then sneak out of my room, and watch in the living room. No easy feat when you consider the fact that my mother, brother and I all shared the same big bedroom. Haha. Tony Slattery was my favorite one on there, followed by Colin Mochrie. Loved them. Ryan was cool too. I used to actually remember parts that were funny... but there's just so much to remember! lol.
A link to tee hee.

The US version of Whose Line was pretty awesome too. I'm so glad Colin and Ryan were still there. Hehe.





ha.... okay, so maybe my moments of hysterical laughter are "speshul". :P I only bring these up because I recently came across the Married with Children episode on TV, and it still brought tears to my eyes. Hee. Anyone else have moments they'd like to share? :D

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, I loved "Whose Line"! I haven't seen it for ages, lost track of whether it was still on. I'm sure it was funnier than anything Drew Cary is doing now!

    Hmm, must be everyone's so busy working on Marina's birthday gifts that they aren't watching TV or commenting on blogs! But since I'm not making the present I'm sending her, I have lots of time to play!

    The only TV show I watch regularly now is House, and there's some funny lines in that. But for funny stuff from my youth--stuff that has held up and still works as humor now--I have to go with "Green Acres." In fact, I think it's even funnier now than I realized at the time.

    Can I embed a youtube video in a comment? Hmm, probably not. Oh well, here's a link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJz-enimjfg

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy