Friday, March 5, 2010

Hello Blog World

Hello all! Long time no write. Almost a month. I had a good excuse. Honest. I was working on my ED present contest entry thinger whatsit. Good news though, I'm finished!!!




Behold the box ready and awaiting to be sent away. Hoorah. HOORAH!!! Hmm... you may be wondering... "Why the HELL is the box halfway cow printed?!" Yes... well... I was having difficulty finding a box that fit the dimensions I was looking for. The only ones I could find were half covered in cow print. So, there we go. That answers that, right? Not really...

Okay so a couple years back, I decided I wanted to turn my basement area in to more of a "room." My brilliant idea for "walls" was to hang boxes up... with duct tape. Naturally, I didn't want the boxes to look like boxes, so I painted them cow print. Only one side, because I didn't care about the other side. So the idea was lovely, but the method of attachment wasn't. The wall lasted maybe ten minutes before it came falling down. I reattached it with almost an entire roll of duct tape, only to have it fall down again, this time knocking things over in the process. Scrap the cow print box wall. I eventually went with tacking up fabric. And kept the boxes in case they could be used in the future.

Enter the future. So the box is only half embarrassing. But it adds character right? I cut it down to fit a bit more snuggly. It was 15 inches tall, and my project is only 10, so It's down to about 10 1/2.

I shipped it out this morning. I wish I could say I think not of it, but to be honest, I won't stop thinking about it until it gets there.



Moving on... so last year, around mid August I think - shortly after Britney died - I was hanging out with a friend and her family to try and get my mind off things. We went to a teacher store (her mother's a teacher) and they had webkins on display. One was of a springer spaniel. Which totally set me off. I stood bawling in an aisle for a few minutes, before being able to move on. What's worse, I realized I really wanted that webkinz. I had no cash on me, but I had hoped I could come up with the money soon. I couldn't. I had to wait until near December, when I had money for Christmas. And by then, the store had different webkinz. And none of the other stores that have them had that one. I looked on ebay, and they were selling for twice the price! Twice the price PLUS shipping. I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on it, and told myself I might try to find it again next Christmas.

Well, the other night, I was searching for a small bottle of elmers glue at the store. I deemed it important enough to try two Walmarts, three gas stations, Jewel, and a meijer to find the right size. NO ONE HAS SMALL BOTTLES ANYMORE. I guess elmers glue is so cheap nowadays that they only sell it in the normal and large sizes. But anyhoo, I was wandering meijer - okay so big stores like maijer and walmart are so large they have two entrances, but they close one when it's really late at night, and it's always the one that's closest to the side I want to go to. So I gotta walk all the way across the huge store... yep... I'm lazy... ANYWAY, I was wandering BACK to the stupid exit because I couldn't find the glue, I walked passed their selection of webkinz and automatically searched for the pup... but no luck, and I wasn't surprised. What did surprise me is when I saw the pup stuffed behind a big yellow plushie easter duck. !! I couldn't believe it. But I only had five bucks on me and it was ten. :( So I drove all the way home to beg my mum for ten bucks. At 4am. Hahaha.

Behold my puppy. Isn't she lovely? Normally my stuffed animals (yeah so I still like stuffed animals... sue me) are "male" - even the pink frilly ones - but seeing as how this pup reminds me of Britney, she's a she. I haven't named her yet.


Moving on... So for Christmas my dad got another light saber for his collection. He then decided the collection needed to be moved somewhere it could be appreciated. It was originally over the fireplace in the "family room" which is basically empty and is only used when my brother has friends over or if I need more space for something. He moved them to his room.

Looks pretty neat. I had tried to take a pic of them before lit and then after, but I somehow had the camera set on something else and it didn't work. I didn't feel like taking another pic. lol. I should though, cuz when they're off, and the light's on, you can see the Yoda and Darth Vader sitting on either side of Yoda's lightsaber. Hee. They're so cute. And they've got lightsabers too! If I remember, I think I'll go and take some pics of them. lol. They don't normally come with lightsabers. My dad got himself these lightsaber stylus pens, but then found out his phone doesn't work with them, so he gave them to the toys instead. Hehe.



Here's a couple of older pics... Superbowl Sunday I went to a friend's house and had Strawberry... er... daiquiris? I think.
And this is her kitty, Chase. Whom does not like to stay still for the camera. He sits like a meerkat, or a gopher or something. It's incredibly cute, I should have taken a pic of it. Next time. lol.



Next up, an adorable emote.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A friend on one of the sites I used to play on made it for me. Then another friend animated it. So cute. I have a non-animated version, and one that's animated slightly different, but that one's my fave. Heeee.



So I can't recall pictures of my puter desk. The only one I could really find is this one of Linny:
Notice the lovely flat screen moniter with the nice wireless keyboard to match? Oh, those were the days. A few weeks ago, I noticed that every time I turn on my puter, my monitor wouldn't turn on immediately as it did before. The little power light would blink green, and eventually turn on. I tend to do a LOT on my puter at once, so I turn it off at night to cool off. But every time I'd turn it on in the morning, the monitor would take longer and longer to turn itself on. It started taking half an hour for it to pop up. So I started getting afraid it would eventually never turn on. So my solution? I stopped turning my puter off at night. It seemed the perfect solution for a while, since I was forcing myself to stay away from it to work on my project. But now that I'm around more, I figured I should give my puter a rest last night. And this morning, 2 hours after I turned my puter on... the monitor was still not working. So I went down to grab my brother's old monitor. It isn't a flat screen, which is why he doesn't use it anymore, but it's a smaller screen than my monitor, and I LOVE the large screen, so that wouldn't work. So.... I took my dad's old monitor. Again, not a flat screen, my dad upgraded last year.

The flipping thing takes up the entire desk! ROFL. Luckily it ends just short of the ledge, but the ledge isn't wide enough for the keyboard, (which is an oooold keyboard cuz I got sick of my stupid wireless keyboard) so now the keyboard sits in my lap. It's... different. And odd, because I'm not used to the screen being so close to me. lol.


Going back to Torn. Once my project was finished, I grabbed her and took some more pics.


She shares the same freckle on her shoulder as me, and those are supposed to be scars on her leg - also something she and I share. I made her right after the breakup. I remember getting some sort of morbid satisfaction in "tearing her heart out." I had originally made a small heart that was to be on the wood with her, surrounded by a pool of blood, but in the end, I couldn't find a place I liked it in. Just didn't look right. So she doesn't have a heart. I'm not sure if I like her better laying on her hair, or with her hair to the side. *shrugs*



There is closing. I can't believe it. It's been around for 7 years, I've been There for over 5. It's... incredibly sad. I'd always considered There my "second home". And then when my mom gambled away the mortgage a few years back, and we lost the house, (my first home) There was bumped up a notch. I'm probably going to write up a blog post sometime soon to share the fun of There. Tuesday it will be gone. I... *sigh*
That's me and my There Best Friend. Taken last night. We're sitting on the steps of a stage in our Wordgrove community. I'm so tired right now, so I think I might try sleeping, but I plan on going in tonight to take as many pictures as I can of everything. My box, all of Wordgrove, other areas that stand out to me. I wish they didn't spring this announcement so quickly. They made the announcement this past Tuesday. "Hi! We're closing There forever in one week. K bye!" It's so frustrating. Sooo frustrating. I wish I had a month. I might have been able to get together one last WG News. (I'd made two in the past, they're just silly comic-strip-type thingers) But less than one week isn't enough time. This is just so sad.

That's my paz. (portable zone) When we lost the house, I felt so homeless, I took residence in Wordgrove. I'd been a part of their community for a while, but never actually had a paz in the area. I put out a cardboard box, some bedding, a tree, and a milk crate.
I'd upgraded to a couch when I needed a two seater
And over the years I've done slight tweaking here and there. I dun remember if I have pictures of them all. This past December I replaced the willow with a christmas tree, replaced the ghetto couch with a park bench, added a pile of snow, a snowman, and a "happy birthday" balloon. (My birthday is in December.) And then for spring I changed the tree again, (seen in the first box pic) and found this awesome ginormous bench. I had flowers and a hummingbird too, took em down for something and forgot to put them back up. I'll have to remember to stick them back up before I start taking pics tonight. In the last pic there, I'm wearing a jacket and jeans that I designed. The jacket was a special "club jacket" I made especially for Wordgrove.

We're Wordgrove Nutters. I had originally made Wordgrove shirts:

And then during the second of my "WG News" bits, I decided I wanted to advertise my Wordgrove shirts... but an ad for just two shirts didn't seem enough. So I made a jacket. Yep.

Anyhoo, I think I'm off for now. Might try napping. Toodles/

3 comments:

  1. Cow-spotted box is good! It will put Marina off the idea that there might be a green pony inside. :-)

    At first I thought "Torn" must be your project for Marina! It is a very powerful piece: the graceful modelling of the body, the grief of the face, the violence to the heart... Anyway, can't wait to see what you actually did send her; it's sure to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Ruth, nope, no ponies in this package! There IS an animal or two in it tho... hmmm....

    Nah, I never considered having Torn be my present to Marina. It's linked to a very depressing moment in time, and I'm trying to send happy vibes to her. Haha. I can't wait to share what I sent her too! I took a few pics, but must wait until after the contest to blog about them. Oh woe is me. And what's worse, I won't be able to see what others sent until after the contest either! Waaaaaah

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe i actually love the half cow spotted box, it's so funny, it's sure to bring a smile to Marina and Chad's face when they get it! :)

    "Torn" is powerful and beautiful, and so sad at the same time, it hurts looking at her!
    i love how you sculpted the legs and belly!

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy