Friday, March 12, 2010

Goodbye There

So all while I was working on my entry, I was so strung out I was only sleeping 2-4 hours at a time, and was even skipping sleep. At times, I felt like a living zombie, working away. It was hectic, and I thought my sleep pattern would change once I finished. It didn't. I guess hearing of There's demise didn't help my subconscious state, and so I still had very little sleep. I spent most of my time in There, forever taking pictures of everywhere I loved. And about an hour after There closed for good, I slept. Actually slept. No falling asleep at 3am and waking up bright and early at 5. And it's been this way since Tuesday night. Which, I suppose is a good thing. I'm finally catching up on sleep I hadn't been able to get for weeks. But now There is gone. And I've got one more day to stress on whether or not my entry gets to Marina by the deadline.

Tomorrow I'll have to resize my own pictures of my entry, and email them, just in case my package doesn't get there in time. Though honestly, I doubt that'll make up for it. Chad mentioned the only email entries accepted were ones that were made digitally. *sigh*


So today I'm plaguing my blog with pictures of There. I realize that means I've probably lost the interest of the few folks whom read my blog, but no worries. Feel free to skip this blog entry. lol.


Those are two of some of the first pics I ever took in There. December '04. I wish I had more, but sadly, the first time I joined There, I was on my dad's laptop, and couldn't save pictures as it took up too much room. Only reason I have these is because I uploaded them to photobucket before I deleted them.

This pic was taken on the very last day. I haven't changed much in the face area. And if I'd thought about it better, I would have taken a pic of me in that tiara, those eyes, and even that netted shirt, because after all those years, I still have them. lol.



These are two pics that I stole from Whippaa's flickr. Taken over 5 years ago. Ahhhh memories. lol. The first pic was a drinking contest. I attended two or three Whippaa parties, and always won the drinking contests. Guess I'm quick at clicking the sip button. Woot. lol.

This picture was one Nate and I did one April Fool's Day. Three years ago. The idea was to "scare" folks in to thinking that There was wiping Wordgrove out. No more Wordgrove. (There are more pics to this "story.") But folks sort of knew it was fake... and whom was at fault for the fake story... because er... I have this fixation with evil bananas... and There Testers are usually numbered, like so:
I have this thing... see the dance I'm doing? It's called 'giddyup. And when placed correctly, it looks like ur manically spankin' someone's behind. I do that to every There Tester I come across. I have quite a few photos of my giddyupping. lol. But I won't share them here. Haha. One's enough. :D

This picture was an idea I had... a virtual scrapbook. JRock was my ex's account before he found MMORPGs and stopped playing There. (Ha, I introduced him to There BEFORE he found WoW and the like. Weird...) He gave his account to me, so that I could have another account to play with. I used "him" for this scrapbook idea. So these pics aren't really of the ex, they're me and... me. ROFL. Kinda sad. I only got through 6 pages of the scrapbook before I got distracted and never went back. April '07 is when I'd started it. But anyhoo, I wanted to share this picture because I spent a lot of time manipulating it. You see, up until maaaybe a year or so ago, people in There couldn't hug. It was sad. And that picture on the "second page" was a popular picture in There, where many folks wished that such an embrace was possible.
So I manipulated various pictures of myself and of Jrock, stuck us together and voila! Since I made that pic, There released a new hair that looks MUCH more like the one in the pic, but yeah, I wasn't going to redo it, that was a PAIN. lol.


Here I am, it's a new picture, you can tell (well, *I* can tell. lol) by my hairstyle, (the one that looks more like the photo above) but I'm wearing some of the first items of clothing I ever got in game. The shirt consists of just two black discs over the boobage that says "You" and "Wish". ROFL. Classic. Haaa. I posed here in KP because when I was a noob, I was dropped here. This was the first place I ever went in There. It was quite popular back then, because where there are noobs, there are folks waiting to speak to the noobs. lol. It had since become a ghosttown. Rarely a person there. Why? Because the nooby dropoff was changed.

Five years ago, I found There while playing in a game called "moove." There, I befriended a "dom" who was looking for a "sub/slave". I was adopted in to his family as his "vanilla daughter". (vanilla = uninterested in the sub/dom fetish) He and his then "mistress" introduced me to There. Shame for them that they did, because I immediately felt at home. Stopped visiting moove so much, and eventually just played There only. This cave was one of the first places I visited, my moove "dad" showed it to me. He also gave me a few vehicles he'd "stolen" from other people. Vehicles can be taken by other people, but the owner can always just retrieve it, so it's no big deal. I found it incredibly funny, because, five years later, I still had one of the vehicles he had stolen. The owner must have quit the game. lol.

This is just a gorgeous spot. Called the seven sacred jungle pools. Soooo pretty. So calm and serene.

Here's another place I love, I just don't know it's name, or even if it had a name. The pic is just so lovely. This is the mushroom forest. An awesome place. Those mushrooms were huuuuge.

So There had a small amusement park. It had a spider spinny thinger, and this thing (which I have been kindly informed by my buddy Paiva that it's called a Tilt-a-Whirl. Hehe)...
This pirate ship...
Then bumper cars and a ferris wheel. So cute, wish there'd been more rides. lol.


Here we are back in Wordgrove
That's another pic of my paz, once I put the flowers and my hummingbird back in.

This was at the bottom of The Brass Sextant, my There best friend's cafe in the sky:
Awesome place. Ha.


Here's another of my There Best Friend's places, NutNut Fountain. It originally belonged to someone else, but she left for Second Life, and so GB asked if he could have it, to keep it up in Wordgrove. It holds meaning, and it's all basically because of GB. He wrote a very sweet story about "NutNut," (the squirrel holding the nut at the top of the fountain) that gave us the "myth behind Wordgrove," and the story was the reason we Wordgrovians named ourselves Nutters. Hee. Back behind the fountain you can see another close friend's brownstone.

This is the view from inside the brownstone looking out. There's a bonzai, a silver quill and a pic of me and my buddy. The Silver quill award was something that was given during the annual Wordgrove contest. Each year there were three silver quill awards and one golden torch. I think I had four silver quills, and one golden torch. Ha. Won one every year except for this year, when I had to step down because I won too much. ROFL.

The picture is another pose that is not possible to do in There. Again, it was me spending hours manipulating various pictures, this time of myself and my friend Nate, to get the finished result.

The next picture is of my pups:
All fifteen of them. ROFL. I'm a dog person, and so was very happy to find dogs in There. (no cats. ha) I spent four years working on owning one of each color. (labradors and dachshunds) In the end I also owned an extra red lab, and then they released a little basset hound (Silence) as a promotional thing for... er... footwear of some sort. I should know this... it's simple... what company has a basset hound associated with it? HUSH PUPPIES! Ha... yeah, I googled it. ROFL. And then a coca cola dog was released as well (Bubbles). So fifteen pups in all. 4 dachies, 9 labs, a coca cola pup, and a basset hound. Hee. Actually, at the end, a friend gave me his dog, a gray dog by the name of Hungry Dog, so that I could bring him out to play with all of my dogs.

That's him looking up at me. Bob (the other gray dog) was obviously lovin' the idea of having another gray pup in the play pen. Heee.

This pic is another oldy. I dunno which came first, this or the one of me playing piggyback, but they were both made around the same time. Within days of eachother I bet. It's of me and Nate again. A few years ago, Nate was being stalked by this chick whom had a crush on him. He told her "not interested" in various ways, but she wasn't picking up on the idea. So I suggested he say that he was getting ThereMarried. But he didn't know who he'd be ThereMarried to, so I volunteered. It did the trick, she had flown in with a heart hoverpack when she encountered Nate and I "getting married," then she flew off, and came back with a broken heart hoverpack. ROFL. Sorry, I shouldn't laugh, but it seemed so planned! In fact, our "minister" laughed too. So Nate took her aside and apologized, and since then we've had a running joke about us being married. Which is even sillier because years ago we "adopted" eachother as brother and sister. So he's basically my husbrother, and I'm his wifester. lol... moving on.

So my There best friend GB set up a small paz, and asked folks to take pics of themselves in it.
That's me and him at the paz. I also felt the urge to take a picture on my own... then I went overboard...

Yeah so it's me... and me... and me and me and me..... and yeah. Fun stuff.


For those still with me... why are you still here? ROFL. But no, this is the last pic I will share for today:
Three minutes before There closed forever. I dual logged - you know how I have JRock as an extra account? Well... I actually have five extra accounts... that are premium members... and then dozens more that are just basic members. Wish I remembered all the basic member names. That would have been awesome logging on to each one before There ended. But yeah, so I logged on to my main account (top - noxy) and spent time at the last "MATO," (Midnight at the Oasis, a silly Wordgrove tradition) and logged in to my main extra account (bottom - Ameelia) to sit at my paz. I dressed in my noob outfit as noxy. It was the outfit all noobs started out with when they first joined. (has before, and has since, changed) I left There just as I joined There. And Amee is in the very first full outfit I ever made for There. (made after the wordgrove shirts I think, but before the wordgrove jackets) Which... is kind of sad. Because it's based on Stephanie from LazyTown. ROFL. It was back when I used to babysit often, and that kids show was the only one I could tolerate. It was actually one I liked even. I even still watch it occasionally. lol. I had planned on creating a Sportacus outfit for guys too, but got distracted and never got around to it. Would have been cool to see Sportacus and Stephanie outfits. Hehe.

So there we go. The end for today. Now I plan on looking through the videos I have of There, to see if I can't get some edited and stuck on Youtube to share with all my former Thereians and Nutters. I'll end with something I haven't done in a long time: a picture that's ED related. lol
Shoes! WOoT!! Who DOESN'T like SHOES?! They all look sooo neat. I like the ones on the top right the most. The simple silver heels with the black strap. But the purple ones and the pink ones are close second and third. Hee.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Noxy! I didn't know anything about There, but I still read your whole blog about it, and I can feel what a neat place it was to spend time, and how much connection to it you had. I hope that if you want to, you'll find comfort in another community, even though it can't be the same as There. I wish There hadn't had to go away.

    BTW, the turquoise-colored ride you were on at the amusement park is a Tilt-a-Whirl. Silly name, I know: when I was a kid I thought it was "Tilda Whirl." It's my favorite ride.

    Deep dark secret only for Noxy and her loyal readers: Yren is tickled that you like her shoes best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks for reading Ruth! Oh and thanks for the name of the ride, I shall go and edit that in. lol. My friend referred to it as "teacups," and er... well they're just not teacups... lol. XD

    And oooo! I never, NEVER would have guessed that those were Yren's shoes!! I know you had a post asking folks to guess, but I figured I'd lose. LOL. I also would have guessed that they were either the pink or red ones, since those are yours and Yren's favorite colors respectively. This news makes me happy! That means I'll get to see Yren in the most awesomest shoes in the batch! Heee :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noxy i'm so glad your entry arrived at ED HQ (readed it at the forum ;)), i was really rooting for it to get there!

    I'm sorry about There, i can see why you would have liked it so much, it seems to have been a cosy place (or many cosy places).
    maybe the fans of There will make a new similar place?

    and oooh, Ruth you shared the little secret, wow, the ones with the black ribbon, wowow, they are amazing! i can't wait to see Yren in them :D

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy