Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Distractions

[Please note: this entry was actually written yesterday, but I was a good girl and decided to work more on my project rather than worry about uploading the pictures that went with this rambling... of course... I decided to upload the pictures now... so... yeah... back to work I go.]
Distractions... Ugh. UGH. I despise distractions. And I am oh so easily distracted. No time! NO TIME NOXY! Need this project done in about a month!! Stop STARING at the cute guy on YOUTUBE and GET BACK TO WORK!!! Someone beat me with a mirror of erised so I can see what I DESIRE and get it DONE.


Youtube aside.. Linny was sitting on my desk. Looking sad. Because I seemed to have misplaced her purple wig... so she's bald. (In the last post of her, I threw some green wool over her head... pretended it was a hat. Ha) And dunno if you noticed, but she was wearing a sock. Ha. I was pretending it was a night gown. I never got around to putting her outfit back on after halloween... and she couldn't keep parading around as a ninja turtle... she was scaring my other dolls... so I had her in the "nightgown". And so anyway, she was sitting on my desk. I'm actually not sure if she was "sad." Mayhaps more "frustrated." Or "angry." Or "EXCUSE ME... why the EFF am I sitting here BALD in a SOCK?!"

So... instead of searching for her signature outfit (her barbie halter/olive jeans/hoodie) or the outfit I made her, (blue leotard and a tutu) I once again raided my barbie bag, and found her some clothes. Another halter, and some bermuda shorts. At least... I think they're bermuda shorts. I fail at fashion. I also gave her an annina scarf to wear, since it's a bit chilly. And then I made her a wig. Cuz her new outfit doesn't count unless she has hair. So here she is:
I gave her an ice cream from my Tencats stash to try and placate her. She seems satisfied now. So all is well. Her new hair is poofy. It makes me giggle. Hehe.

Then, while getting back to work on my entry, I decided I wanted to share my ghetto tools for clay making. So I took a pic. Tada:


The mechanical pencil and the scrapbook stylus thinger are both used very rarely.

The item I use most/all the time is the exacto knife.

The 8-way nail file thing is a new addition. I realized I needed some fine sand paper, but I'd used it all! And I'm currently broke... so then what?? Well, last time I was at the Dollar Tree, (everything for $1 or less... woot!) I realized my 4-way nail file/polish block thing was worn out, so I should get another one. I upgraded to the 8-way... but never opened it. I saw it the other day while wondering what I would do for sand paper... and voila! It works great. I only use the first 4 boards - extra coarse, coarse, medium, and fine. I'm so going back to the Dollar Tree sometime to get another one. For when I run this one down. lol.

And the perfume bottle is my rolling pin. Woot. It's an old scent by mark. And by old I mean like... 6 years old. lol. I bought this one (grapefruit ginger) along with another, (kiwi lotus) and absolutely loved one, hated the other. Which one is this? Well... you might not be able to notice from the picture, but there's still scent in it for a reason. XD

So yep, those are my clay making tools. Other than those, I use my hands. Woot. Ghetto tools. Hee hee haha.

Then I decided I needed a "kill me now" treat.

The reason ice cream is a "kill me now" treat is because.. well, I'm not supposed to have dairy. Dairy hates me. And yet... here I am... eating ice cream with whipped cream on top... damn that Linny... she made me want ice cream I tell ya.

SO.... while I was actually working on the project... I... well, this is probably well known if you read this blog often, but I'm accident prone. Add that to the fact that my weapon of choice against the war of clay is an exacto knife? Disastrous. Clay making is a dangerous hobby. So I try to be extra careful. But... then I get distracted... or forget... and BAM!

My first reaction when cut?
"is it going to bleed?"
Why? Well, because only when it bleeds do I deem it necessary to apply first aid skills to it. I cut/scrape/slice/maim myself entirely too often to worry about first aiding every injury.. I hate bandages on my hands while I'm working... or well, anytime. I also hate gloves. Don't cover my hands! Grrr!

So it bleeds. My next thought?
"That blood looks so fake..."
Yeah... no explanation there. Maybe it's been a while since I've seen my own blood?

So, yeah, it's bleeding. Right. Now it stings. First aid next? Nope.
"Picture!"

Oooh yeah... I know you were wanting to see the thin bleeding scratch on my hand. Yep.

It's washed, hydrogen peroxided, neosporined, and bandaged now. And because it's in an awkward place, the bandage keeps popping off when I work. GRrrr!


NOW... now... enough talky talky. Back to worky worky. I'm doing well I think on my project. I wish I could be more specific... but as it is a surprise... *gags herself with a piece of soggy steamed okra*

...what? Steamed okra makes me gag. Bleh. Nasteh.

2 comments:

  1. aww i love Linny in her new outfit, and that wig, it's so cute! and glad the scarf warms her!

    that kill-me-now icecream looks so good, and i don't even like icecream that much!

    ouch, when i saw the x-acto knife as shaping tool i thought "but don't you cut yourself a lot?", and then you did. eek!
    Idunn is blowing on the cut to make it better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Okra... we call it 'Ladies Fingers'... :p

    Hope you can still work with your bandaged hand!

    Glad your project is going well! Persevere! ...Wish me luck too, cos mine's not going so well.....arrgh! I need pity! No! I need a pep talk!! No!!! I need a miracle!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy