Thursday, January 31, 2013

Back to Youtubes

Hello blog! So just a bit of news today. I had planned on writing two or three posts, but alas, something took entirely too long to do. Oh well, I shall write them another time.

An update on Spoonflower, I finished 38th out of 75 in the murder mystery toile contest, which had me delighted. I didn't think I'd place that high. lol. I entered this week's contest, Mardi Gras, but only because I wanted to see if I could manage to do what I'd thought of trying.... if that makes sense... lol.

That's my entry. I made some beads.  The image was originally supposed to repeat normally, rather than mirror, like it does now, but I ended up liking the patterns the mirror image made. The mirror image makes the kinks in the necklaces wildly apparent, but eh, I had fun. :)


My Valentine's Day entry is ready to go. I had different plans originally, but disliked how it was going, so I stashed the idea (I'll come back to it someday maybe) and went another direction. I'll wait to share that entry with you next week, though it's possible you've already seen it. :)




So. the posts I'd planned on writing... two or three reviews, and a catch up post of something I'd done last year that I forgot to share. And the reason I didn't have time to write the posts I'd planned to today?

I'm back on Youtube. I posted a couple of videos today. My guy was kind enough to download some editing software, which took me an annoyingly large amount of time to finesse in to what I needed it to do. But I done did it. I haven't posted a video since May of last year, unless you're only counting videos on my main channel, in which case, I haven't posted since October of 2011. lol.


So here's the first video, just a quick introduction. Luckily I filmed this all in one go, so I could just upload it as is.




In the video, I show my nails and mention attempting a nail tutorial. That is what got me occupied for so long.  The converting and converting and editing and converting and working around problems and saving and repeat and what not. But I did it. I finished my first nail tutorial video. It's a really simple video, but hey, I gotta learn somewhere. Like, for instance, I learned I NEED to use my danged tripod. And some rechargeable batteries. And I need to find a new angle to film. And possibly film it in shorter sections so I don't have to edit down a longer video. And as much as I love my nails right now, I might want to try making them look a little nicer next time I try making a tutorial. lol. But here it is:






And that's going to be all for now. I have one other video I uploaded today, but it's a generic "You subscribe, I subscribe" video. I'm attempting to enter a contest from another Youtuber. The goal is to be the one who gets her the most subscribers. So I put the video up in hopes that it might get some people over to her from me, otherwise I got nothing. Ha. (That short video is here, if you'd like to see it.)


And that's it for now. I'm having trouble with my internet at the moment, so I'm going to hit publish and see if it works. Ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy