Friday, February 1, 2013

A Product I can't live without - Natrol melatonin


 I have always, always, had problems sleeping. When I was little, I would sneak out of my room to watch tv in the living room at 2 am. Usually either The Dick Van Dyke Show, or the British Whose Line is it Anyway? or sometimes a movie, like Mary Poppins. In high school, on days I couldn't sleep, I'd often curl up on the couch with a romance novel and, being the slow reader I am, I'd finish the book just in time to "wake up" for school.



Nowadays, I might just stay awake until I'm tired enough to sleep, sometimes going 30+ hours before bed. Though that's honestly what feels most natural to me, it's not preferred. That schedule makes it awkward when things are to be done at certain times. I'd often be forced to wake up, or else force myself to stay awake even longer than comfortable. And that makes for one cranky, crabby, noxy. So most of the time, I try and stay on a "normal" schedule. And what helps immensely, is Natrol Melatonin.


It's the first melatonin I've found to work well for me. I'll take one or two if I'm having trouble falling asleep, and BAM, beautiful, welcomed, sleep. One bottle lasts me months. I recently had to get a new bottle and noticed they've since changed their formula, and bottle.

Old bottle on the left, new on the right.

 The bottle I last used had 90 pills, with 5mg of melatonin in each one. It featured a quick dissolve formula that had an almost sickeningly sweet taste and would begin to dissolve instantly on your tongue.


Same picture, except with a pill of theirs in front of them.

The new bottle only has 60 pills, with 6mg of melatonin in each. The pills themselves have a better taste, and reminds me vaguely of a mint. It doesn't dissolve as quickly as the old pill, (despite the fact that it still says quick dissolve on the bottle) and almost tastes... "cool", if that makes sense. You know in mints when they have a "cool mint" flavor? It's like that without the mint. It still dissolves quicker than a mint, just not as quick as it used to.
A closeup of the two pills, the old pill on the left, new one on the right.
It's okay though, because it still works for me and I find it more pleasant in taste than the old pills.


I've been seeing commercials for a NyQuil sleep aid, and have been a bit curious about it, but have yet to try it. I might in the future though. Not been in too much of a hurry because I already have something I know works. If you have problems with sleep, I highly recommend you trying Natrol melatonin.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy