Sunday, February 24, 2013

Flower Beauty Lip Product Review and Pics

So here's Flower Beauty review number two. Flower Beauty is a new line of cosmetics by Drew Barrymore. A quote from their site reads:

 "You no longer have to spend a lot of money to get the quality cosmetics you want and deserve."

Today I'm reviewing three different lip products - the Lip Service Lip Butter in Mauve Mimosa, the Shine On Lip Gloss in Baby's Breath, and the Kiss Stick High Shine Lip Color in Morning Glory.


First off, here's my video review of these three products:




Here's some pictures of the tubes:



The fact that only the stickers have the name of each color really bothers me. I cut the part with the name and made sure to leave it on the package. The Kiss Stick's sticker did not require cutting though I believe. The lip butter package (top) is so bulky it's ridiculous.




Here's swatches done on a white sheet of paper:


 Here's swatches done on my hand:


Here's me in the Lip Service Lip Butter in Mauve Mimosa:


And in the Shine On Lip Gloss in Baby's Breath


And finally in the Kiss Stick High Shine Lip Color in Morning Glory:



Here's Mauve Mimosa:


And here's a couple of pictures of the Maybelline Color Whisper alongside the Lip Service Lip Butter...

The tube with the product is the same size, but goodness is the lip butter bulky.




Here's the Shine On Lip Gloss in Baby's Breath





And the Kiss Stick High Shine in Morning Glory





Overall, my least favorite of the three is the Lip Service Lip Butter  Lip butter sounds like it wouldn't feel dry on my lips, but... while this butter isn't as dry as lipstick, it's still dry, and I still have to use a balm underneath.

The Kiss Stick High Shine Lip Color is supposed to be high shine, and I suppose if you look very closely, there is some shine to it, (it certainly isn't matte) just nowhere near a "high shine" in my opinion. But it does give nice cover, and I love the color I got.

The Shine On Lip Gloss is my favorite. It's a beautiful color, and it's not too sticky. It looks great over the kiss stick. That's actually how I wear it normally, because I love it so much. Shine On Lip Gloss in Baby's Breath over Kiss Stick High Shine Lip Color in Morning Glory. If I'm not wearing a Color Whisper, I'm wearing that combination.

I'd certainly recommend these to try for yourself. Each one costs $6.98 at Walmart or Walmart.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy