Thursday, February 7, 2013

Alien Brain Hemorrhages and revamping a purse

Hey there! So it's Thursday again. This might become a thing, blogging at least every Thursday... meh. Not sure yet.

I finished in 68th place with my mardi gras beads entry on Spoonflower. 93 votes. Hee.

And this week is the "Love Letters" inspired contest, which I also entered. There are 24 pages of entries! Geeze. (View all the entries here.)

 Mine is called Daisy Love, My Daisy Love, and you can see it here. Can't put the a pic of it here because I'm not using the 'puter I used to make the picture, and I'm using a netbook that has light ubuntu installed (*shrugs*) and I can't get a print screen to work.

But you might not need to click to see the image. If you're using a non-mobile device to read this, then it's the daisies with the heart centers that are alongside the writings here. When I redesigned, I used them because I felt they were adorable. The only difference between the daisies here and the daisies in my entry is that my entry is clearer. I put a texture filter over the ones I used here, so it wouldn't look so plain. It is plain in my entry on Spoonflower, but that's intentional, because I like the idea of a clean print for the fabric.

The idea behind it is actually a small story, but luckily isn't needed to appreciate the cute picture. lol.



 You see, my guy and I like to give each other compliments, the most common are "You're amazing!" and "You're adorable!" One day, my guy got flubbed up and tried to say both at the same time, which came out as "You're a-dai-zing!" We both laughed and adapted that as a way to say both, only we changed it slightly to "You're a daisy!"

So when the theme on Spoonflower's contest was essentially "love", I thought of our love, and how we're both daisies to each other. :)

(Originally I had a completely different idea, but that got scrapped because I didn't like how it was going. So technically, the thought of our love came after that. Hehe)

Anyhoo, moving on....

The other night I was looking through the pictures still on my camera, and I came across a few I wanted to share. I used to empty the pictures on my camera on a weekly/monthly basis, but since my computer died, I haven't deleted much of anything. So first, we just have some pretty alcohol pictures.

Have you heard of the Alien Brain Hemorrhage? Ever since first happening across a picture of the pretty alcohol shot, I'd wanted to try it myself. Last year, we went out and got the ingredients for it.

Here they are, aren't they lovely looking??
Ingredients for an Alien Brain Hemorrhage:
~Peach Schnapps
~Bailey's
~Blue Curacao
~Grenadine

You fill a shot glass halfway with peach schnapps.
Top with Baileys carefully, otherwise the Bailey's mixes. Then you put a tiny bit of the blue curacao in, and a tiny bit more of the grenadine.


I think they look so neat!


This one was mine. It was difficult to try because it looked so pretty I didn't want to drink it. I just wanted to stare at it. Seriously, I took a video of the drink, just to be able to look at it again someday. Then again... I might have already been a bit drunk by that point... but not too drunk, else how would I have been steady enough to take these lovely pictures? LOL.
Overall they're pretty tasty, though the textures of the liquids might get you if you're not expecting it. Or even if you are. The clear, thin schnapps just makes the thicker, milky Bailey's feel more like a gel in your mouth. My friend hates texture of jello, to where she actually gags when trying to eat it, and she was having trouble with the texture. I'm not a fan of jello either, but was able to get it down. Drink it quick though, because it does feel like it firms up even more the longer it sits. For our second shot of this, we poured it and then wandered away for a bit, and by the time we got back, my jello-hating-friend couldn't drink hers. It made her gag.  But they're sooo pretty!





Anyhoo. Only a few more pictures. A few years back, my sis-in-law gave me a purse. And I liked it, but was still using another purse at the moment. A lot of ladies change their purse with the season, or occasion. I find a purse I like, and use it until it's either broken, or I'm just sick and tired of it. And "Sick and tired" was a status for purses at least a year old. So when the purse I was using fit the "sick and tired" category, I switched to the new purse. It wasn't a purse I'd choose myself, but it was big and not a crazy color or anything.



There it is. Ruffly, and black. And I used it to the point of where it got worn down. There were areas on the back of the purse that looked to be moments away from busting open.


There's some of the wear. So it was time to change purses. But I didn't have a new purse, and I couldn't find one I liked enough to commit to for over a year. So... I fixed it.










I got some duct tape....




And covered the entire purse....




Here's the front:


And the back:



I had that black purse for so long, I was itching for something colorful. So I made it colorful. I actually needed a bit of help with the back, so my guy was kind enough to step in. I loved this purse. Looking at it, while the bright green and blue don't surprise me, (I've always been a fan of 80's neon) I never thought I'd be a fan of anything animal print - unless it's cow print. So I was surprised when I grabbed zebra print duct tape.

I'm still using it.

But new colors to the same purse only delayed the inevitable, and instead of retiring the purse due to wear, it's now fallen in to the "sick and tired" category. It has been in that category for a month or so, and I've been keeping an eye out for a possible new purse to replace it. Here's hoping I find one soon, because I'm really coming to hate this purse now. I'm thinking something smaller might be a nice change. I went from a large tote bag to a large bag and I might just be tired of the large. We'll see though, guess it depends on if I can successfully find a smaller purse that I like.

But there we have it, some pictures I wanted to share. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy