Monday, March 17, 2014

Leaf Bib Necklace from Majestical Jewelry


Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


Majestical Jewelry was looking for reviewers, and I signed up. They mentioned that they'd "take a look at your blog and determine a piece of jewelry that fits with the style of your look and blog." And they sent this:

The box was very well packaged, and the necklace and matching earrings came with a little bag to keep it in as well.



Majestical Jewelry bag



Earrings
The earrings are plain red balls attached to gold fish hooks.

Necklace


The necklace I got is gold with red gems. It's dangly and definitely a statement piece.


I tried to find this necklace and earring set in the official website, but all I could find is the pink version, which costs $22.

First thoughts: I do not believe they "took a look at my blog and determined a piece of jewelry that fits with the style of my look and blog." Had they looked, they'd have seen no red, anywhere. Any reviews of red colors are always paired with "I'm not usually a fan of reds". So why did they send this necklace and earring set? My guess is that it was random. Don't claim you're going to look when you don't. Just saying I'll be sent something random is honest and so, so much better.


But back to the pieces themselves, I'm not so sure about them. The gems on the necklace are all cut to look like gems, but the earrings are round and smooth balls. Despite similar colors, the styles just don't match. Tear drop earrings would have made so much more sense.

I was hesitant about trying these pieces on, part of me really wanted to give them away to someone who might actually like red. But the last couple giveaways I've had were met with very few entries, so I decided to keep them.
So here I am, wearing the necklace and earrings with a simple black top.

I'm actually not too big of a fan of how the tear drop gems fall naturally on the necklace, and the top two gems that don't have tears attached were constantly pulling up rather than falling flush on my skin.


Overall, I'm actually not too big a fan of these pieces. The earrings are just too plain for me to bother with them, and the necklace just isn't my style. That being said I might still wear it sometime. Mayhaps in the summer matched with plain white, black, or navy. And maybe sometime around Christmas, paired with green.

However, I wouldn't say I'm not a fan of Majestical Jewelry. After having checked out their site, I do actually like sooo many other pieces they have available. And all their fashion jewelry seems pretty affordable. So you should definitely check them out at least. :)



Ways to check out Majestical Jewelry:



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. Great Post, Love the honesty! The necklace looks like it would be too heavy to wear, and I agree about the earring being plain, they should (like you stated) should have been tear drops it would have went with the necklace more.
    http://sociallyawkwardfashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy