Wednesday, December 8, 2010

More catching up and Cell Phone Photos

A lot of people like Twilight, a lot of people hate it. I like it. Watched Vampires Suck the other day... meh. It could have been a LOT funnier. Twilight and the haters out there have resulted in soooo much potential for fodder, and the movie just didn't choose its jokes well enough for me. Speaking of Twilight fodder... a while ago I was reading a Twilight parody at Walmart while waiting for fried chicken, (I get sent on errands a lot. Mainly because I don't normally mind. Give me the money and tell me what to get and whatevs.) and I only got ten pages or so in to it, but I really wanted to finish it. And it saddens me because I don't remember the name of the parody, and it's not there anymore. I shall now have to wander over to the parody section of some bookstore and see if I can find it there. Do you know how many parodies there are of Twilight??? Bah humbug.

Okay, so catching up some more. I think this will actually be a pretty looong post. If it isn't, I'll go back and delete the previous sentence. Ha.


First things first, I hated my monitor. You could see my old pretty black monitor in a picture from this blog post, and I grabbed a picture from that post to put here so you could see the current monitor.
See it? Of course you see it. It's HUGEMONGOUS. Takes up the entire flippin' desk. But honestly, that's not the reason I hated it. I hated it because it's ugly. The color. The keyboard too. UGLY. My old monitor was black, as was my old keyboard. MUCH preferred. So at the beginning of last month, I had an epiphany. Why not paint them? I guarantee I will be the last person to use this monitor. NO ONE wants this honkin' huge piece of uglyness in their room. So I did. Rather than paint it a nice green color to match my nightstands, I went for gold. A... er... steampunkish theme.

Along the top of the monitor, I had covered the "Trini" in "Trinitron" with a pink peep, and called the monitor Peeptron. Behold, Peeptron 2010:




DFTBA=Don't Forget to be Awesome. I made the gears, wings, key, and golden peep out of clay. Woot. And the keyboard:





Very happy with them. Took me FOREVER to paint the letters, numbers, and symbols back on to the black keys, but meh. Some of my more used keys are chipping on the edges even though I did put a sealant on, but I don't care, a little gray showing through looks a lot nicer than the entirely gray keyboard.

(You may or may not notice some of these pictures have timestamps. They were taken on my dad's camera, which I borrowed for a day in November, and a day in October.)


So on November 10th, I wandered in to Chicago. One of the people I watch on Youtube, Dan Brown, went on tour and was going to be in Chicago that day, so away I went.


I like being early when I go to things, and this time was no different. Except, this time I was going via train. I wanted to be an hour early. And the train schedule that day only allowed me to either be just on time, or TWO hours early. So I did the latter. I ended up having to park in a metered parking lot because the train station lot was entirely full. I paid for an entire 10 hours, even though I expected I'd be back in 7.
That's Chicago.

It only took me half an hour to walk to Millennium Park, and even though he didn't specify WHERE he was going to be yet, I guessed it would be the Bean.

To the left there you can see some dude's painting. It was pretty neat.


Luckily I brought a book. Goblet of Fire ftw.

The seat I was in was NOT comfortable.


I liked this pigeon, because he was a different color than his black and gray brothers and sisters.



He actually got there almost an hour late.




But he ended up staying over an hour later anyhow, so it was awesome:

Pretty Bean at night is pretty


He allowed me and another to go with him and his gf when he left, because they were headed towards the Sears Tower, and the other person and I were going to the train station, which is along the same route. The most interesting bit during that short walk was some dude commenting to Dan that he heard there were a lot of mountains in Montana (Dan was wearing a Montana hat) to which Dan replied: "Yeah! I think Montana means Mountains in Portugal." It was a short walk because a couple of blocks in, Dan and his gf Danielle decided they were stopping for drinks, so we departed. Luckily I had the other person to walk with still, otherwise I might have just taken a cab back to the station.



I made it back to my meter with TWO MINUTES to spare. WIN.



He of course made a youtube vid about his trip, it can be seen here. Approximately 7 minutes in to the film is when he talks about Chicago. Can you see me in the video? Haha. Consequentially, I made a boring vlog about it as well. It can be seen here. I made the rubik's cube shirt to get it signed by Dan, because I have a vlogbrothers shirt signed by one of the vlogbrothers, so it seemed fitting. One of Dan's earlier videos, and probably the one that got him the most attention back then, was "How to solve a rubik's cube" (17 MILLION views. jeebus).


Next, we'll spend a moment talking about my hair. In case you haven't already noticed, (via youtube, twitter, or ED Forum picture) I decided to dye my hair pink. It all started on Halloween. When I wore that pink wig. I thought hmm.... why not?! So two weeks later, I did it.

This pic was taken moments before I did the Dan Brown vlog, just an hour or so before I started the dyeing process.


I immediately decided that I hate hair bleach. It's hot and itchy and smells and you're supposed to cover it and then it acts like its own little steam room and the steam collects in the cap which then drips on you.... bleh


The first bleaching. I read in most places that if you want to PROPERLY bleach your hair, it would take three weeks. I, being an impatient person, refused to consider such a thing. I'm dyeing my hair PINK for Pete's sake.


However, I did miss some spots, so I went back and re bleached a few bits


And then, after


I looooved the pink dye. It smelled nice and didn't burn or itch. Lovely


Me right before Harry Potter, you can see the earrings I made.





My hair shows its roots now, and the pinkness might be fading a smidgen, but meh. I'm still happy with it. And... yep. Okay, moving on.

My friend Sara got a new puppy


For a week or so, he was nameless.



He has a name now though, it's Scotty. Hee.


So I follow author Maureen Johnson on twitter. She spoke of getting two christmas trees this year, her normal one, and a twitter christmas tree - which would feature ornaments sent from twitter folks. So I made her an ornament.


Linny's holding it for me

And there's a quarter to help with scale

It's a Fail Whale.



Check out my mayple buttons:



Okay, so I hate taking pictures with my cell phone. It sucks. The quality sucks. But, occasionally, I do take pictures. I just deleted some of them, but first I emailed them to myself, so now I'll share them . Hoorah



Here's Percy, you can see his eyes are a bit orange, it's cuz I lit a candle in him. Of course, it's day time so yeah, you can't tell very well. I forgot to take a picture of him at night. Drat.






And there's me in my Halloween outfit. I was texting the pic to a friend, since I was staying home and passing out candy.














Here is where you see the radish I used as a reference when I was making my earrings.













And there's a pic of me in full gryffindor gear. The earrings are supposed to be "drigible plums" - or Luna earrings











This is JUST before I started bleaching my hair. Brave face on. I believe hair is hair and it will grow back, but you know, it's still a big step.










Me texting a pic of my new orange hair to a friend.














Again, me texting the newly pink hair to a friend.















I dropped a 12 pack of soda down the stairs. A week later I dropped me down the stairs. Looking back, I was more scared of the soda breaking than me breaking...










I found this guy just laying there in JC Penney. I felt bad, so I went to find a better place for him to live.








I found a place on a christmas tree. Hee.















And the last picture, from earlier today, is my milkshake. I felt like having one, despite my lactose intolerance. I was dreading having to go out in to the freezing cold for a milkshake though. So before I went, I checked to see if we had any strawberry ice cream and milk. We did.


Topped with whipped cream. 'twas lovely. Yep.



Okay, so one more day will do it for me. Tomorrow or whenever will NOT be image heavy, nor will it be long. I have just noticed that I am using 43% of my space in my picasa account. Hmm... over a year later and my album isn't even halfway full. Guess I'll worry about that once I reach 90%. lol.

1 comment:

  1. i love your pink hair, it's awesome!! the process of getting it pink was fun to look at!

    oh wow, that is a proper milkshake! i feel bloated just looking at the picture, but oh how i wish i could drink one! i have phases where it's more ok for me to eat lactose things, but milk i can almost never drink, i get crazy bloated and psend my day on the toilet.
    but luckily i can still eat chocolate, if i don't overdo it!
    AND we are planning on eating cheese fondue soon sometime, it will be on a day where i know i don't need to go anywhere the following days!

    love reading your blog and have been quite absent and stuff.
    *hugs*
    ~Annina

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy