Friday, December 10, 2010

Titles are nice. Helpful even.

Okay so! Last catch up post. Woot woot. The icon's Abby from NCIS. I love Abby. I think that's why my current dream ED is a green eyed lovely with black hair and fringe.



Okay, so, I got confirmation that my Maureen Johnson ornament arrived at its destination.
Can you see it? It's right up front. Hehe haha. This pic was tweeted by Maureen. Hoorayness.
I just posted this pic to my dA:




Yesterday, instead of working on ANYTHING ELSE I HAVE IN MY HEAD, I decided to draw a picture. This... may sound simple, but I do not believe I draw proficiently, and in actuality it takes hours and hours. Almost twelve hours to be exact. Non-stop. I was afraid if I stopped, I would never finish it. Tada:

I think if you click it, it will be bigger. The picture is based on a song by Hank Green called "Baby I Sold Your Dog on Ebay".

The lyrics specified in this picture are the following:
"One day I came home
and that dog had escaped
he forsook his bone
and instead he ate
everything I own
from the couch to the drapes
I called you on the phone

And said "I'm selling him on EBay
We both know that we've got bills to pay
He peed on season 2 of Deep Space 9
That's crossing the line
I'm listing the auction today"

I put him in a box with some styrofoam peanuts
a bag of kibble and a couple of milk bones
the guy online paid for overnight shipping
so the very next day he was in buffalo

Please don't cry...
...

He's an ugly dog
like a ball of walking fuzz
and he poops constantly
more than any other dog does
but we won't have to worry
about it anymore because
please listen tome"



You may recognize the art on the walls from my past works. The guitar is Hank's. The book on the table is John Green's Paper Towns, the CD is Hank's So Jokes. The broken bobble head is a BobbleJohn. It was fun to draw, but it took forever. I drew it for a contest. The Nerdfighter group on dA is have a contest, and I wanted to enter. But I had already made art based on my favorite quotes - some of mine are actually listed as examples. So, instead of a specific quote, I instead chose basically the entire song. Meh. What evs. I might be entering another picture... maybe. If I can think of a quote to draw. One preferably less complicated.




So, when I got my camera... two years ago? I also got a tripod. I deemed it basically useless. Why? Because it was so short!

So I uh... misplaced it. For a year. And a half. I did wonder vaguely where I could have put it, but I never went actively looking. A couple months ago, I found it again, and realized the moron moment I had.


IT. IS. NOT. SHORT. I try and tell myself that I knew all along it could get this tall, only to have the back of my mind remind me of the precarious way I had last used it - teetering on an unstable pile of books and board games atop a broken chair. I am.... not the brightest crayon in the box. Nope.

But there was a reason for finding the tripod. A while ago, I mentioned the possibility of me joining a Youtube collab channel. I cannot find where I said this, but eh. I'll just repeat it. A collab channel is two or more people - most commonly five - who each make videos on one channel. Simple enough. Some examples:
Vlogbrothers - A group of two, John and Hank Green. Been around since January of 2007.
FiveAwesomeGirls - A collab inspired to start by the vlogbrothers. This channel has itself inspired many other collabs in to existence. The words "five awesome" are often used for collabs mainly because of this channel.
FollowTheMusicians - a group of... well, originally it was five guys, now it's four and two girls sharing a day - young musicians who cover a song on their given day.


So three online friends were talking of starting a channel. They wanted our link to be the fact that we were all part of a John Green book signing. That's how we all met. They held auditions for the two remaining spots, as they wanted to be called "five awesome" something. Didn't even have a name. I suggested their name, (five awesome benpals) which they accepted, before I decided to audition. And I'd been on the fence about auditioning up until the day I filmed it, and beyond. But I did audition. They required all audtioners to answer some questions in a vid. They also requested said vid to be unlisted, as they did not want to draw attention to the channel before it became. The auditions were held at the beginning of September, and the channel didn't start until November.

I was accepted in to the group. I am now Thursdays. I drew our picture for our channel, as well as our little title screen dealy. FiveAwesomeBenpals. Yep.

Behold, I shall now share with you some videos. Basically I'm going to share all the videos I have done so far for the channel, in order.

First up, the unlisted Audition video. Only myself and three other people have ever seen this video.



I was sooooo nervous making that video. Seriously. I think I recorded forty five minutes of me going "uh..... um... damn it!" But there's a bit in there about how the group of us met, so that's informative.



Enter nearly two months later. Our teaser video, made by Monday, Brenna.




Before every vlog, (the audition doesn't count, though I wish it did, I look a mess) I take a picture of me standing in the spot I'll be vlogging at, to make sure I'm at an okay distance and look... well, less a mess. lol. (you might notice some of the pictures of me in the last post feature me in the same outfits in the following videos) This was the pic I took before the introduction vlog


And the vlog itself (introductions):


Again, I was nervous during the video. Not to mention I hate introductions. I always feel weird doing them.


Next video: Harry Potter Theme


Here you can see my Luna earrings again. Ha. I felt more comfortable with this video. I'm also noticing, going back, that the quality (look) of this video is better than the others... I'm wondering if I can somehow get that again. The way I'd converted wasn't working anymore though, and I used two different converting methods before falling on this one... so yeah, not sure if I'll be able to get that quality using the method I do now. Meh.



The next week was favorite Youtubers. This I did with ease. I have a lot of favorite youtubers.


It was by far the hardest video to make. Having to convert every video I used in the montages ALONG with my own video, then splicing them all up... it took ages. What's normally about a three hour process, (30 minutes filming, 60 minutes converting, 90 minutes editing) took three times as long. But it's my favorite of the videos I made... maybe because it shows a bunch of my favorite bits of my favorite youtubers. lol.


The next week was Thanksgiving, and since Thanksgiving falls on a Thursday... well. Yeah. The theme was things we are thankful for. I should mention that we've decided on "punishments" when we go over our own five minute rule. Since I went over it with my Youtuber video, I did a punishment in this video.



The punishment was fun, and confused people in the house when I informed them there were burritos to eat. The Monday before Thanksgiving. I did not fry all the burritos I made. Just the one. As for the rest of the video... you know what I should have mentioned? What I was thankful for? I was thankful for having that two minute punishment preceded by the thirty second intro in the 3 and a half minute video. If I had not put the punishment in, my video would have been a minute long.



The next week was twenty questions. Before I was an official part of the channel, I wrote up 70 questions that we could use as possible future themes or questions. We each chose twenty questions at random.



I had fun with that video as well. I spent a day drawing pictures to most of my answers. Just because I felt like making it more interesting. They're crappy pictures, not the "I just spent half a day on ONE drawing" type, rather the "I just spent an entire day drawing 40+ pics". (Some of the answers required multiple pictures)



And we have now come to this week's. A video I put up only hours ago. The theme was Favorite Christmas Songs.


I liked making this video. It was fun to film in the closet. rofl. And it was equally entertaining to try and sing the songs from memory.



And... there we have it. Okay... so this post was a bit longer than I expected. My bad yo. But, now I'm all caught up! I'm having fun with FABP, and now I shall wander off to sleep. Someday I'll work on my ornaments some more. Hmm...

2 comments:

  1. Oh noxeh! You're so cute!! You have such a sweet voice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww why thanky aneemal!! *hugs!*

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy