Sunday, December 12, 2010

And now for a dream

I had a dream that I was sleeping. (yep, exciting right?) And got a text. Normally, when I get a text, I'll read it, have approx 3 seconds to decide whether or not to reply. If the decision is yes, I reply quickly, and fall back asleep almost instantly. If the decision is no, or if I wait longer to reply, I fall asleep almost instantly. I've found I do the same thing when I'm dreaming of sleeping.

The text is from an ED forum friend, Tencats. (no, she does not, in RL, have my number) It read: "Do you have any spare grapes? And do you handle any puppies?"

I deemed it reply worthy. I answered, "Nope on the puppies. And no idea. why do you need grapes?" (apparently the other half of the text needed no follow up question, of course she's asking about puppy handling. And we don't live near each other, so if I did have grapes, would I have sent them via snail mail?)

I fell back asleep, and some time later, got a reply. "The people in my neighborhood trust me with their puppies. I rub peeled grapes over the bottom half of their coats. Just ran out of grapes."

So I reply, "What does rubbing on grapes do to help the puppies?"

I fall back asleep.... and am woken up by a text. A real one this time. (as in RL) At 1am. My immediate response was "Holy crap, was that a real conversation?!" (despite knowing she doesn't have my number) And checked the message, expecting an answer to my last question.

It was my brother. Asking to borrow my SD card for my camera. Damn it. Now I'll never know why the heck Kelly rubs peeled grapes on puppies. I'm going back to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious! I promise to never text you late night or early morning. It helps that I don't have your number. Avoid pickles or potatoes before bedtime, maybe? :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy