Monday, December 6, 2010

Oh the joys of catching up

Um... so yeah that pic's way too big to be an icon really, but hey whatevs. I loved that movie. I watch it every now and again. Heh.

So anyhoo, still on the catching up. Yep. Fascinating stuff.

This is a picture of some trees. I took it because we were passing a cow farm and I was like oooo I want a picture of cows! But the cows were too far to picture. Settled for trees.

I finally got around to making another set of toothbrushlets. This time I did not break any.

Although I purchased these at the same place, in the same package, only one week after I purchased the first batch, they were quite a bit different from the first. The first on the left, second on the right.

This is a closeup of a sticker on the back window of my friend Sara's car... well, what's left of the sticker. No idea what it used to say.


I subscribe to Sorted Foods on youtube, and one day they posted a recipe for Scotch eggs. It was right around breakfast time when I watched it, so I scampered down that very day to make myself some. They were yummy.



Um... okay, not much of a feature but... this year we got a white pumpkin. So um... yep, I made a pumpkcow.

Named him Percy, which was the name of my pumpkin I made last year as well.


My brother and his gf went to an 80's party the day before Halloween, these were their costumes.


This year I decided not to go costume crazy. Just grabbed some bits from previous costumes and went as a witch. You know, like a Harry Potter witch, after they go to Hogwarts and junk.


It was too cold for my bro to wear his costume without sleeves, so this is his.


He also wore striped tube socks. I found it fascinating that the ball is only a blur when the flash is turned off. lol.

Jimmy wearing my hat.



This was my dad's costume. I think it was um... a sociopathic killer? Or something like that.


Wanna see what apple cider looks like just before I stir the cream I just pitched in to it?


This is a stalk of corn that grows along the side of my friend Sara's family's house.


And here's a bulgarian coin


A while ago, there was a shooting in Sara's neighborhood. Her door caught a bullet, but Sara and her roommate were both unharmed.


This was one of two shirts I painted. It's just acrylic paint, so I dunno how long it will hold up, which means I doubt I will wear it often. It was painted for a specific purpose, a subject that will show up in the next catch up blog I thinks.


This is the other shirt I painted. I was originally planning on just making the rubik's cube one, but then this idea got stuck in my head so eh. Beardlovers, or Beardlovelies, are what fans of WheezyWaiter are called. This is what happens when you can't afford to buy a real fan shirt. Again, no idea how long the acrylic will last. *shrug*


Finally, Hank Green posted a dream of his back in October. For simplicity's sake, I'll post it here:

~~~~~~~~~~~
I had a dream last night. I was at a high school re-union (though I only remember one random person from high school (who I haven't thought about in years) being there.)

There was some good music playing, but no one was dancing. I was frustrated. For some reason, we had "teams" and people in the teams had to do certain tasks. Also, we were going to be judged, and since I was "best dancer" in high school, they were going to be particularly scrutinizing me.

But I didn't want to dance by myself, because that's really awkward, so I had to get my team jazzed up to go dance. And I remember very specifically (and, in fact, remembered this in a later dream) what I said to them. It is one of the most coherent dream moments of my life.

"OK, so there's a cow" I began "and all that cow ever wanted to do in his life was dance. But he couldn't dance, because he was a cow," I was standing in the middle of a circle of people, slowly turning to address each of them individually, "and cows can't dance."

It looked as if I had everyone's attention, I continued, "and as time went on, that cow did what all cows do, he went to the slaughter house and died. And what do you think happened to that cow then?"

Someone replied "People ate him."

"What else?" I asked.

"Dogs ate him." Someone else replied.

"And what else do they do with dead cows."

"They make industrial lubricants," I am not kidding, I specifically remember someone saying that, though I'm not sure if it's true. (A quick Google search shows that it is ([link])

"Yes, they do," I replied, "but there's one thing you've left out," I was clearly building to something now, "They make shoes. And that cow, the cow that wanted nothing more to dance, he's in your shoes... Right... Now! So go out there, and make that cow's dream finally come true! GO OUT THERE AND DANCE!"

They roared as if going into battle.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I found this dream hilarious, and two days later, I drew a picture illustrating what I saw in my head.

Hee ha heee hee!

And then Hank had also mentioned previously to "Always start with a sketch...even if you suck and only ever draw on computers." So I also shared my sketch:


...yeah. The final changed just a smidgen from the original sketch. Hee.

I actually find this quite funny.... I've had a dA account for three ish years. (Though I didn't post anything til like, last year) I've got just over 1,100 page views. And one tweet from Hank gets me 1,900 deviation views for that final picture... in less than a week. Geesh! Hee hee. Well, at least I know Hank saw it. :)




And that's all for today's catching up. Just a post or two more I imagine. Depends on how many pictures I want to put in the next post. Yep. Most likely it will be a shorter post, of my monitor and keyboard, and of my one day trip to Chicago. I find myself more and more stressed to work on ornaments. When I say I've got three down, I'm making ornaments for five people, and preferably for each to have five of their own... ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy