Friday, April 1, 2011

HELLO BEDA!!

Greetings lovely blog-of-which-I-may-have-deserted-since-December!!! How doth ye fair? Did that question make sense? Does the title make sense? Is it realistic at all?

All valid questions. I am not certain, (and am too lazy to check) but I do believe I have never managed to blog for an entire month. And yet here I sit, attempting to do just that. BEDA = Blog Every Day in April. We shall see how that works out. Wish me luck. Ha.

To help myself feel more prepared for my attempt at blogging for thirty days straight, I downloaded new icons, to use just for this challenge. I didn't feel like dipping in to my cache of old icons that while still might hold meaning, are stale. I needed new. NEW NEW NEW!!! At least.... new to me. So I found this lovely batch of 50 icons, located here by the lovely A-Little-Kitty on deviantArt. I narrowed them down to 30. Woot! I'm now prepared to blog for thirty days!!!! WOOOT!!


Okay, tangent time, I might be a little wired right now. We've been hanging on to this puppy. My brother's gf (who has in the past and will now be named "my sister") found a dog outside her parent's house one night last week. We've agreed to keep him here until his owner's been found. I talked to my dad about whether or not he might want to keep the dog if he's still homeless, and my dad responded "...can we name him Pitbull?"

I only have one picture of this dog. Behold, the possible "Pitbull".

Yep. Looks like a Pitbull, no? Yeah.... anyhoo, the pup barks consistently and for long lengths of time, and doesn't seem to listen. But just now I think - at least for my sister - might have been a deal breaker. My sis let him outside. The pup came in to the house with a dead thing in his mouth. And sis got so freaked out she hopped one of the little kiddie fences (up to keep the pup confined to the kitchen) and ran to my room - to tell me he had something dead in his mouth and asked what we should do. She only JUST finished saying this when he came running over to us... upstairs... stopping right outside my bedroom door... and dropping the thing. Oh geeze. Oh. Geeze. Sis screamed and ran in to my room for shelter as soon as she heard him behind her. She thought he was stuck in the kitchen, but apparently the other gate wasn't closed. We um... we don't do well with dead things... in case you hadn't guessed.

From about a foot away, I decided it was either a small bunny, or else a rodent. We managed to get it scooped up and thrown out, but yeah. It was horrifying. And poor Pitbull was so proud of himself.

So now I dunno if we'll be keeping him. We shall see. We shall see.

Anyway.... tangent over....


A twitter friend of mine mentioned she might do BEDA this year, which got me thinking about it. So I figured, why not?

I thought I'd think up ideas of things to write in case I blanked... but I totally dropped the ball. Not much to write about I think.... mayhaps I should start a list in today's post.... then again, maybe not. Meh.

I did find a "30 day song challenge" on Facebook that I thought I could blog about. And April has 30 days! Crazyness! So let's see.... Day 1.... "your favorite song".



Hmm..... well hmm..... let's draw this out... and choose three. Ha.

My favorite song tends to change often. And sometimes goes back to songs. There's one that's held that title the longest:


Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting


Even hearing the first few seconds of this song still gets me. Love it.


and then there's one that's been a recurring fave for the past couple years:
Pauley Perrette - Fear



And finally, my current favorite song:
David Choi - That Girl


It's the one that keeps popping in my head right now. And I don't mind.



And there we have it. Ha hee haha. I know you were so totally dying to know those!

Okay, I think I might be crashing. Feeling all sleepy like now....

So I went to this site called "I Write Like" and it apparently "analyzes your writing style and compares them with those of the famous writers". So I took what I had of my failed nanowrimo project and popped it in and got:

I write like
Leo Tolstoy

I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!





And then, just to see, I popped in my last blog post and got:

I write like
Stephen King

I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!



Iiiiiiiiinteresting.

Oh, and I'll end on this note - just in case you'd like to compare my work to Tolstoy, here's the first paragraph of the nano project:

Elle Perkins threaded her way through the hot and humid jungle. She hadn't a clue where she was exactly, only that the burning hot sun seemed to be able to find her even through the densest of trees. She wandered in one direction, hoping to find exactly what she was looking for. As she hopped a fallen tree, she said a prayer, and hoped that fallen tree didn't have any relatives to mourn it. Elle found herself imagining that fallen tree - now christened "Fate" (get it? "Fallen tree"?) - did have a family. A child. That is now on his own. Poor kid tree. Elle was so immersed in her imaginings that she hadn't noticed the brush ahead begin to thin. It was not until she came within a hair's breadth from the edge of a cliff that she immediately dismissed her thoughts of Fate and her bastard orphan child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy