Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter dudesy

Hey there yo. So I ran spyware and whatnots for my 'puter. It seems to be fine now. I still plan on plugging in the external hard drive and saving all I want saved today, but for now, I shall blog. And share pictures.



First things first, today I went to church with my dad, my brother, and Nubia. Mom was supposed to go, but she said she was dizzy and so she didn't. It was... interesting. I dunno. I'm not religious. And I feel awkward writing about it, because I'm not religious. But alas, I shall write for a smidgen. I do not think about God, or whether there even is a God. I don't discriminate against those who do believe in Him, I believe you should believe in whatever you feel is right. So I felt incredibly out of place. Especially when the pastor asked for us to "raise our hands to God" a few times. I didn't. And it didn't feel better when after his personal renditions of a couple of christian songs, he asked all of us to shake hands with the people around us. I'm not a social person. Given the choice, I'd rather keep to myself. Forcing me to shake hands with a bunch of strangers and force small talk? Yeah, awkward. But I did.

And then we sat, and I spent the most of the morning either noticing the similarity between the pastor and Steve Howey, trying to find where "John chapter 5", "Colossians 1", etc. (it would be so much easier if he just gave a rough page number along with it dang it) were in the bible my brother gave me, and noticing how tacky the wall was. They'd sponge painted it. Which, is fine, really, unless you get lazy and sponge paint over the light switches, outlets, and the distribution board. I mean, really? Do you really think that electricity breaker board thingy looks better with brown paint sponged over it? I'm surprised they chose not to sponge the white metal ceiling. They also had a projection screen, and I'm fairly certain the background they used for the projections was a picture of part of the sponge painted wall that they upped the saturation in photoshop.

All in all, it was interesting. The pastor seemed happy enough, he kept chuckling to himself. His wife just had a baby on Friday, so that's lovely. And I learned that if you accept God and Christianity in to your life, your spirit, even though you've sinned, becomes light and alive and well under the eyes of God. Or something like that. Which means, from what I gather, that since I have neither confirmed nor denied the existence of God, that my spirit is still full of sin and dark and dead. Good to know, good to know. Then at the end, he had everyone recite a prayer that sounded more like a pledge, and that I chose not to recite. It said things like "I believe in God, He is almighty, I live in His eyes..." and well, I felt like I'd be lying if I recited that with them. So I didn't. Which made things even more awkward, because we were sitting right in the front row. He could see me. (The pastor, not God - I mean, if God exists, and was watching, I bet He could see me whether or not I was in the front row)

Moving on, and let's never speak of religion again.


Here's Pitbull:
Nubia and Jimmy have decided that we'll be giving him up to another home. He's adorable, but they don't like him. I don't think my dad minds him, and I'm neutral. I told them to get a move on, because my mom's already attached to him, and if they wait much longer, things might get ugly. I can't say I'm all that attached - I kept my distance on purpose because I had a feeling he wouldn't be around much longer - but it will be sad to see him go. He is adorable, if not anything else.


Ooo and the lemon meringue pie. GEEZE that pie takes a LOOOONG time to make! I don't think I'll be doing that ever again. Seriously. lol. I made two, and it took hours. Here's one:

And a close up of the inside. I cooked it wrong - apparently, if cooked right, the yellow binds to the top real nicely, and isn't liquidy. Alas, the yellow was pretty liquidy, and the top separates real easy like. It's good though. I didn't put as much lemon juice as the recipe called for, (I halved it because I didn't have enough lemons) but I'm glad I didn't because it was reeeeal sourly lemony as it was, I can only imagine how bad it would have been with the full 2 cups.

And there's Pitbull again. Looking adorable as usual.


Here's a close up of one of the little easter baskets I have. I put green yarn in it, and made six clay eggs.

And here's some pics of Linny in her new orange dress, (and old purple hair) the basket, and the chair candle holder with its new cushion.



The chair is slightly big for her, but that's okay, she still looks cute on it.


She looks so tall in that pic. lol. I think she's like, 8 inches? *grabs measuring tape* No, she's 10 inches.

And that's the chair. Originally, I'd planned on just making a round cushion and setting it on top of the seat to cover the candle hole. But I reeeally didn't like the way it looked that way, so I stuck the cushion underneath the hole and pushed it through. I think it looks adorable this way, and I'm also happy with the color I chose. (I was thinking a brighter color at first, and ended up going with this one because I didn't want the cushion to clash with Linny's dress. ROFL)

I ended up giving her an orange dress which was cut from an old shirt Mingo gave me. I sewed up the skirt, but then used safety pins to fasten the top together. I wanted it to hug her torso up there, but was afraid if I sewed it that way, it might not come off without scissors, and I'm not advanced enough to make a corset or button method of closing. Meh, whatever works. The fabric wrinkles real easily - in the standing pictures, you can see the crease her sitting made. lol. But that fine, I think she looks real cute in it. And her purple hair gives extra color. I was going to try some teal socks too, but in the end I felt that'd be too much. It was too strong a color.


day 24 - a song that you want to play at your funeral

Um... I don't really want a funeral. I was anti-social in life, why would I want folks to gather for my death?

Fine, I'll pick a song anyway.

Hanson - MMMBop


Yep. And since we're going with that one, we can throw in a sadder song too.



Hanson - With You In Your Dreams



Oh, and thinking back on yesterday, I could have used this one by Hanson as a song to play at my wedding, because I do so love this song:


Hanson- Love Song


Hmm... I like a lot of Hanson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy