Saturday, April 16, 2011

Cameras and Chemical Romances

Oh! Hey there folks. How's.... how's it going? Well? Alright, cool.

So guess what? I found my old digital camera today. Ooooh yeah. Awesomeness. Okay, seriously, it's not that huge a deal. But basically, my current camera, as much as I absolutely love it, can get kinda bothersome sometimes. Like, it's not all that big, but big enough to draw attention, and it can get heavy if I have it around my neck for too long. When I lug it around, it's not uncommon for folks to ask if I'm a professional photographer and/or taking a photography class. lol. That doesn't bother me. I chose the camera, I still love it. But occasionally, I wish I had a smaller camera. So that I could still take pictures without having to carry the burden. I accept that the camera might not be as good as my normal one. That being said, any camera would be better than the crap ass photos my phone takes.

So I was wishing and wishing for a loooong time that I could have an extra camera, and then today it came to me - I do have an extra camera. It was one I earned on a street team of a company that is no longer, (imstar*) and it was my first digital camera. Gosh I loved that thing. But then I got frustrated at the lack of zoomage. And so I moved on. As a result I've lost the cord thinger that hooks the camera up to the 'puter. Which was going to be a problem, since I'd never gotten an SD card for it - I always just used internal memory. So I grab the SD card from my norm cam, and it don't work. Then I grab my extra SD card... still nothing.

I got sad, and wandered online to see what might be the problem. It was the kind of SD card. Apparently, since this camera is so old, it won't recognize some newer SD cards, which happen to be what both of mine are. Dammit. So I wandered over to my sister-to-be and asked if she happened to have any extra SD cards lying around. She did! And wouldn't you know it, it was an older SD card! Smaller, which is why she no longer uses it, but it works! Huzzah!!


Here! Lemme show you piccies.


This is my old camera. Taken with my normal camera... I should name them! OMG. Gotta think of names now. Hehe hahahaha hoo. Anyhoo, this pic was taken without a flash, and also taken rather quickly, so it doesn't look as good as it could. But eh, it's just a picture of a camera. lol.




And this is my normal camera taken via my old one. It's been almost six years since I've used this camera. Seriously. And so it's... weird, trying to get used to it again. In fact, I don't remember anything about it. Not a thing. So it's not "getting used to it again" so much as it's "getting used to an unfamiliar camera". But hey, it works! And it only took me a couple tries to get the damn pictures to save on to the SD card! Then again... I'm not entirely sure how I managed to do it that last time... but eh, trial and error. lol.


And here are both my cameras taken by my phone. Seriously, I think I might try setting up a shot some time in a future beda blog, and take the same pic with all three cameras. Should be interesting.





So last night, I went to a My Chemical Romance Concert. And it was fun. Lots of fun. Once you get numb to the dizzying heat of hundreds of people all crowded close to one another, the loud screaming of those hundreds of fans, the bands' volume jacked up to be heard over the noise so loud it causes your hearing to go muffled and you feel the vibrations ebb through your very soul, the fact that you're only 5'2 and there are 6' folks standing right in your view, and the uneasy feeling of the wood floor bouncing caused by hundreds of fans jumping up and down in unison... seriously though, it was really a lot of fun. I'm not being sarcastic either. I mean, yes, all that I previously mentioned was quite uncomfortable/annoying/frustrating, the overall experience was quite enjoyable.

I don't normally listen to MCR.  I only know maybe a handful of songs by them - (all of which I like) and that spans the ten years they've been around. But the buds I went with played their music in the car on the way, and I realized I actually like their sound. So I very much enjoyed listening to the concert, and seeing them on stage and what not.



The concert was at the Aragon ballroom, which was absolutely lovely. Seriously, I wish I remembered to take pictures when the lights came on a little at the end of the night.


This is a view of the merch on sale, it took forEVER for my buds to get the shirts and whatnots they wanted - the vendor dude was actually quite rude and ignored them for ages.


This is a shot of Neon Trees. For the majority of their set, I couldn't much see them, because of all the tall people in front of me. Mingo says the lead singer has some killer dance moves though. I don't mind so much that I missed them though, I imagine being blocked by tall people at a concert is part of the experience for a short person. lol.

And here are some of my fave shots:







And this is how far we were from the stage.Which seems farther away than it seemed in RL.



 There's mingo and me, after the show.


I have some video of the concert too, but dammit, I'm not too camera savvy, and was getting frustrated at my video mode. It wasn't zooming in the way I wanted it to! And I kept forgetting to check to see if I could somehow figure out what happened, (unlikely) so I'd hit record for another song, and get frustrated all over again. lol. I suppose in the end it doesn't matter, I'll enjoy the vids either way, but yeah. I did miraculously find out what the problem was, and was able to zoom in to my heart's content after that, but I only recorded two songs anyway. It gets... tiring, holding a camera that gets heavier the longer the night lasts. lol. And in order to get a good shot of anything, I have to hold it above my head, so eh.

Okay, I decided to share a few of them. Why not, right? Feel free to watch any, all, or none of them.

This one is a bit over a minute of Neon Trees. They were the act just before My Chemical Romance.



And this is My Chemical Romance, performing I'm Not Okay



And Teenagers



Helena



and lastly Cancer



I think I'm going to have to get some MCR songs for my ipod. lol.


day 16 - a song that you used to love but now hate

Lady Gaga - Just Dance


I was in love with this song when it first came around. Now, not so much. Actually, same goes with Poker Face, and possibly others. *shrug*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy