Saturday, April 23, 2011

FYI I WILL KILL YOU ALL

Okay, not really, but I might kill deviantArt. A few days ago, I got a virus on my pc. It popped up immediately while I was wandering through my deviantArt subscriptions, but since I always check my dA subscription box everyday, I assumed it must have been something else, even though the only site I went to that I DON'T visit everyday was the official page for the Today Show. I got frustrated, but hey, what can you do? It's been literally years since I've gotten something bad on my computer.

I ran my spywares and found the problem. Deleted all the registry entries, restarted. Annoying, but I also made sure I was running all three of my spyware/malware/antivirus programs often, and they weren't finding anything. So I figured I was in the clear. Then, today, it happened again. I was browsing deviantArt, and another fucking virus pops up on my god damned computer. This one isn't exactly like the last one, this one is worse, because it won't even let me open task manager to shut it down.  Right now, I've got my computer on safe mode, and it's running all my spyware programs. I'm currently on my dad's laptop, writing this as I wait.

Really? This shame is on me. Apparently I need to stop checking stupid fucking deviantArt - WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE SAFE TO BROWSE ISN'T IT?! HOW THE FUCK AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO'S HAVING THIS GOD DAMNED PROBLEM?!

I am so beyond pissed off right now. Seriously.

But, I guess... I guess this is a sign. I have an external hard drive that I've yet to open and use. I need to open it, copy all the files I want to keep, and do a full system reboot of my computer. I've been putting it off. It's been right there in the back of my mind. I need to reboot my computer. It's not at 100%, and it could be, if only I'd stop procrastinating and get on it.

So, today, if I can get my computer to run without the damned virus, I will be popping open that external drive, sucking it up, and getting all my files to safety. Time to stop prolonging it. I need to get my computer rebooted. Depending on when I finish transferring my files, I'll either reboot today, or tomorrow. Tomorrow would probably be best, as it's Easter, and I'll be off at church (for the first time in thirteen years) and probably hanging with the family. Though, today's my last day to make Linny an easter outfit. Meh.

Yesterday, I had my to-do list... I only finished the lemon meringue pie. Turns out those damned pies take a loooong time to make. And then Mingo popped up and we hung out with Trishie and Timmy until 7:30 this morning. So, I could get a move on on that, and see if I can finish my easter outfit for Linny before tomorrow. It should actually be really simple, I just need to do it. lol.

I'm totally bummed. Today marks one year since meeting JoyfulGirl42, all my BenPals, Brenna, and all those lovely internet friends from that WGWG livestream event. And I was going to talk about that a bit. But really, I don't much feel like it right now. I'm too frustrated at the virus sitting on my computer. I also had pictures of my lemon meringue pie. Also something I can't share until I have access to my computer.

Maybe I'll do that for tomorrow... unless I'm still trying to reboot my computer. It's also entirely possible that my reboot might go wrong, in which case I will be fucked. So if I can't use my computer tomorrow, I might be borrowing my dad's laptop again, which means I won't be writing about the livestream or pie or the like. Likely, I'll just grab a topic off of Sue's lovely list - still have a few of those I can do.

So basically, wish me luck. Here's hoping I'm able to get back to my computer on normal mode, manage to remember where I keep all the files I want to keep, write down the programs I want to reinstall, and reboot my entire system successfully.


day 23 - a song that you want to hear at your wedding (I had to use a different method to insert this video, so just a warning, I dunno if it worked... I have NO IDEA how to copy and paste on a mac. ROFL)

The Caulden Road - Shine

I am in love with this song. It's so happy.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Happy one year anniversary. Hope you have fewer computer problems tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy