Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gmail drafts never get to see the light of day

At least, mine don't. Until now! I use gmail drafts to keep things I don't want to delete. Technically, only one is an actual email. The others are just various notes to myself. The one email was unfinished from three years ago and meant to be sent to a company that has since gone out of business. (imStar) I never deleted it because er... I didn't want to. Just like I never deleted the vMTV program off my 'puter when it went out of business. Same goes with the There program.

Anyhoo, I feel like sharing a couple of the drafts I have in my drafts folder on gmail.

One is a list of fortunes. A while ago, I made tiny fortune cookies for a couple of friends as secret santa gifts. These tiny cookies were made of clay and had actual fortunes printed out and inserted in them. Then I decided to make them again for something else. But when I went back to make them, I found I lost my original fortune file. So I wrote them up again, and this time threw them in a draft so I wouldn't lose them again. I think I wrote most of them, though some might be from a friend.

The fortunes:
~The sky is falling? Soon that sky will pick itself right back up.

~It feels like the weight of the world is on your shoulders. Drop what's in the past - it will make that weight loads lighter.

~That imaginary friend you ignored is now so angry they're going to explode - beware imaginary chunks in your hair.

~You're feeling charitable today.

~Someone you've seen in the last ten years will be EXTREMELY lucky today. Stop looking in the mirror - it's not you.

~That dog you keep wanting to buy will HATE you. Might I suggest a hamster instead? Mayhaps a nice pet rock?

~You feel more active today than you've felt in a long, long time. Go for a long, long walk, then reward yourself with a Krispy Kreme, hot fudge, banana twinkie split with LOWFAT cake batter ice cream... and sprinkles. Don't forget sprinkles.

~Attention spans are non-existent for you today. Just do NOT forget to - LOOK! A speck of dust!!

~People often think you're reckless, but you actually have a plan. At least, that's what you want THEM to think. Just remember to say "That was my plan all along" and "It would be too hard to explain" when something happens, good or bad, and you should be fine.

~Your desire to rush head-first in to a problem makes you very brave - or very stupid. Either way, don't forget a helmet before you give yourself a headache.

~Don't go Kung Fu Fighting a horde of people - the only thing fast as lightning will be how quickly you get beat.

~You're your own best friend. You're also your own worst enemy.

~You're just a big ol' cuddly kitten looking for your own little mouse to play with. Friendship and romance are what you're looking for - but be careful to not accidentally eat your friends.

~Seven days.

~When life gives you lemons, squeeze the juice in to squirt guns and shoot people in the eye - makes life more... interesting.

~Every time a lightbulb goes out, a person dies. I know what you're thinking... "Light bulbs dies ALL the time."  ...so do people.

~Something nice will happen sometime in the future. Whether it involves you or not is uncertain.

~You will be disappointed and/or smiling by the time you finish reading this fortune.



Anyhoo, another draft is part of a conversation that was between me and an unnamed online friend. Why I saved it? I dunno:

unnamed online friend says (11:55 AM):
 do u read horror at all?
noxy says (11:55 AM):
 nope
unnamed online friend says (11:55 AM):
 because it scares you?
noxy says (11:56 AM):
 yep
unnamed online friend says (11:56 AM):
 hehe, its interesting how we compliment each other in some ways but are so different


*shrug* That's ALL that's in the draft. Worse yet? I actually named this one. Usually, the subjects are blank. This one's subject? "Annoyances". ROFL. *deletes draft and feels reckless for doing so*


Another draft is actually a blog post I'd written last may. But I didn't actually turn it in to a blog post until that August.  I don't remember why I hadn't just published the post when I originally wrote it. But yep. I instead wrote it in a gmail draft and waited months to post it. *shrug* so I think I can delete that one too. *RECKLESS*


And then we have a draft that has some farm related haikus I wrote. Er... why do I have farm related haikus? I haven't the foggiest idea.
Wonderful you are
Moo and watch with innocence
I tip you over

You moo with delight
Or is it anguish I hear
Poor anguished moo cow.
Lay an egg for me
It's breakfast and I'm hungry
Chicken obey me

That egg you will lay
There's always a price to pay
Eggs die ev'ryday.
Who the hell are you
And what are you doing here
You don't look like them

Mooing like a cow
You're not fooling anyone
Get off the farm moose.


The next two are wishlists from previous years. Every year, I tend to save things I want there, just in case I can go back and get them. Last year were mainly consisting of shirts. All of which I got for my birthday/Christmas. *delete delete SO RECKLESS*

And then there's the main draft. The one I go to every day basically, at least, every day during BEDA. Though it's not all BEDA related. There are some links to pictures I don't want to forget, and an address of a friend I wanted to keep safe....
The lyrics to the Firefly song about Jayne from the Jaynestown episode....

A script for one of my benpals videos....

The story I wrote for my last benpals video...

A diet plan that looked interesting...

The list for the 30 day song challenge dealy...

The list of BEDA post suggestions JoyfulGirl42 gave me...

And two server names for minecraft. lol.



All stuff I choose to write in a draft. Yep.
And now I thank you. Because my drafts have now gone from (8) to (4). lol.


day 12 - a song from a band you hate
Geeze... another tough one, and again it's because I don't tend to remember bands I hate. Let me think on that... oh wait, yeah here we go:
Dave Matthews Band - Crash Into Me


There. A band I hate. And that's the song that made me hate them. Why? I can't honestly tell you. I have no idea. I cringe when I hear it. Cannot stand it. My dad apparently know Dave Matthews. Or did. Or met him more than once. I think. That's a tidbit I think I heard a while ago. But I can't be positive because I heard "Dave Matthews" and tuned it out. ROFL. But tryyying to think back on it, I believe Dave had left him a "Merry Christmas" voicemail a couple years ago. Or maybe he just called. I dunno. Damn. Whatever. So that's a song from a band I hate. Mission completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy