Tuesday, April 5, 2011

changing layouts and names, oh my!


Hello world. As you may have noticed, I changed things up. I got tired of my msnoxy.blogspot addy, "The Boring World of Nox" as the title of my blog, and the look of the blog itself. I had the idea to change it up last year, but never did. What decided it was yesterdayish, when my RL buddy Sara decided to start a blog. I got the idea in my head to just start a whole new blog myself. I signed up with another account, chose noxyism as my new title, and even fell in love with a premade layout. Then Sara was like "um... why don't you just change your CURRENT blog, instead of starting a new one??"  And I was like "er.... oh yeah..."

So here we have it. It took ages for me to get noxyism as my name here, because since I'd taken the name on the other account, it was telling me it was reserved, even though I removed the name from that account. Long story short I ended up adding that account as an admin author to this account, then changing the name while on that account. Ha. Complicated. That is me. But I got that all set, and found the layout I liked, and poof! That simple. Kidding. If it were simple, my "Complicated. That is me." statement would not be factual. Changing the name removed all the blogs in my sidebar listed under "Blogs I Follow". Those blogs were ones I started following before I used the Reading List on the dashboard. So I had to try and think of all the blogs I had there... I don't think I succeeded in thinking of all of them, but I tried.

I like this layout. The second I saw it, I was like "Oooo!!"
Mainly because "Dandelions Fly Through Blue Air" was my favorite lyric from the song
DFTBA by Hank Green.



I even have a picture I painted based off it on the wall just above my 'puter. So yep. I chose that one. I didn't change much else on the blog.

I actually noticed the "Edit Pages" section of this particular page - this as in where I'm currently writing this. Don't know if I've ever looked at it before. Or how long it's been there. I often learn the very basics, then tune out the rest. So I guess it makes sense for me to have not noticed the Pages until I actually went to change things.  I might try using that option for extra pages... eventually. But for now, meh. Let's not go crazy.

I am tired. Like, tired tired. And I noticed something today... it seems as if it takes me about 6 hours to draw a picture. That's how long it took today. And that's how long it took last week when I drew a different pic. Even though when I'm looking at them, one looks like it might be more complicated.... I'd like to show you the pictures... but I do not believe I can yet. They are a part of a project that is not yet finished, and so when it is, I'll show them. Teehee.

Onwards!

day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone
Hmm.... well that's a simple enough topic. Songs remind me of people all the time. Let's see if I can find three to share...

Cajmere - It's Time For the Percolator 


This loverly song reminds me of my friend Trishie. In our high school years, she used to sing it randomly when she felt it was time to boogie. Though... her lyrics strayed. Where Cajmere sings:
"It's time for the percolator.
It's time for the percolator.
It's time for the percolator.
It's time for the percolator."


Trishie would sing:
"It's time for the percolator.
It's time for the coffee-maker."

While she boogied down.


Whitney Houston - I'm Every Woman


Any guesses on who this song reminds me of? Yep, that's right. My ex-boyfriend. It was his heart-song before I finally pointed out that it was his heart song. A heart-song, for those who've not seen, or forgotten that part of Happy Feet, is the song that is in your heart. The one you sing when nothing else comes to mind.

Yep. My ex-boyfriend, during moments of silence, would bust out in to an a cappella rendition of that song. Just the chorus. But yeah.



Stevie B. - When I Dream About You


When I was little, grade school little, my mother taught me and my best friend the words to this song. Why? I have no idea. Can't remember. But I do remember the lyrics. And so it reminds me of my grade school best friend, Sarah. I remember Sarah even tried to rewrite the lyrics...

You see, back then, B96 was our favorite radio station (it's still mine, while I think her tastes in music moved in a different direction, plus, B96 is a chicagoland station, and in 8th grade or so, she moved to Wisconsin.) and back then on the morning show there were these two dudes, Eddie and Jobo.  (They got fired in the 90's, then like, rehired almost ten years later, but were let go... last year? I think?) And they would parody popular songs. The one I can remember most (probably because it was one of their last I think) is a parody of Barbie Girl. Let's see if I can find it....

Success!!

Eddie V- Ken Doll




ANYHOO.... Sarah decided that she wanted to parody songs too. And so naturally, she chose the Stevie B. song. I don't think she ever finished it, and I can't remember enough to share, or maybe I can... basically, she'd changed the lyrics to be about a girl whose boobs were too big. LOL.


...Because they hurt like *bleep*, but I shouldn't be telling yoooou...

When I dream about them
That's when everything's alright
They're nearly two feet
Go down to my knees...


Umm.... yep. That's all I remember. LOL.

Another unfinished parody was Janie Broke Her Gun. (to the tune of Janie's Got a Gun, obviously) I actually contributed a bit to that one. As in like, one line maybe?

Janie's got a gun.
Janie's shot a nun.
Oh no, she's gotta run.
Janie broke her gun.

What is she gonna dooooo?
Somebody go and get some gluuuuuue!


Oh yes. These are high quality lyrics.

Sarah can be seen in parts of one of my Benpals videos:



At around 11 seconds to 35 seconds or so.We tried to keep in touch after I moved away in 5th grade, but that eventually faded. I think some time in10th grade was the last time I visited her. We're still friends on facebook though. Ha.


I think that's it for today. Gonna catch some sleep. Good afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy