Monday, April 18, 2011

Cleansing the SOUL

Oh look! I'm back to being able to see my icon pictures. Geeze, what? Do they just go to sleep at night so I can't see my pictures anymore? o.O


Okay, so my buddeh talked about how she did the Master Cleanse. And that intrigued me, because I'd heard about it before, but always forgot to actually look it up. So I finally got around to checking it out, and it looks doable. Why do the cleanse? Here, I took this from that site:

The fact is people today lead toxic lifestyles. The food we eat is loaded with chemicals, the air we breathe is polluted, and our daily lives are riddled with so much stress, and anxiety that our bodies just deal with it.

We are slowly poisoning ourselves. Our colon, liver, kidneys, gall bladder, and every other organ in our body are at a breaking point. Failing to adopt a healthier lifestyle could rob you of years off your life. It could also mean living a life of chronic pain, fatigue, obesity, and a plethora of other negative health problems that tend to manifest in people who lead a toxic lifestyle.

The Master Cleanse can help remove the built up waste in your body. This diet is growing in popularity due to its many beneficial effects that coincide with its core principles of detoxification. It's even been used by celebrities like Beyonce Knowles and Robin Quivers of the Howard Stern show.
Not only does this diet promote health and a healthy body, but using it will help your body cleanse itself without drugs or surgery.

And so I start. Today. The site says 3-10 days. I believe I will be trying 6. Because that's all the maple syrup I have enough for. LOL.

Basically, you drink only the "lemonade" concoction and water for the days you decide to do it. (you can also add decaffeinated tea to it for flavor... which i might do at some point...) And only that. No eating other foods. The recipe is this:

  • 60 ounces of filtered water
  • 12 Tablespoons of organic grade B maple syrup
  • 12 Tablespoons of organic lemon juice
  • 1/2 Teaspoon cayenne pepper powder

That's a daily serving.  So yep. Here I go.

My original plan was to lock myself in my room for the entire time, but it looks as though I might have to come back out later today. lol. Fail already. Sorta. I'd forgotten to refrigerate my lemons, so not all of them lasted the weekend. Which means I only had enough lemons to make two days of lemonade. So tonight (when I have a car available to me) I shall be wandering out to buy more. Then, THEN, I shall lock meself in my room for two days. Ha.

The first thing I did was pack all the snacks and foods and whatnots that I keep in my room all up in a box.
They shall stay there until I is done with this thinger.


Then I concocted the lemonade. I used a gallon of water, which ends up being 8 oz more than the needed 120 for two days, but eh. Hopefully that extra 4 oz a day won't be too much of a problem. For easier measurement, I transferred the lemonade from the big container I mixed it in, to 8 empty water bottles.

I shall only be drinking four of these a day. I didn't want to pack the soda and energy drinks from my fridge, because I want them to stay cold dammit. So I sorta just shoved them aside and to the back and stuff. Hopefully I'll have the willpower to stay away from them.

So there we have it. I'm going to do this. Wish me luck. Ha. When I told my buddy that I was going to go on the cleanse, she suggested I sleep a lot during it. So I shall probably do that. lol.


I was tagged again! By my loverly BEDA buddy joyfulgirl42.  This time it's for Google verb tag. You just type your name and a verb in to the google search and document one of what gets found. Should be interesting! And Mingo, I know you haven't BLOGGED IN A WHILE WOMAN, but I tag you, for whenever you DO start blogging again. :)


Jackie likes the smell of cut grass (Not... no, not really)
Jackie has the following list of assets (hmm... to click or not to click... eh, not)
Jackie wants a black eye (um... apparently this is a song title)
Jackie talks kennedy assassination (well sure)
Jackie doesn't know crap (HEY! I... wait no, that's true. Eh)
Jackie looks like a self-satisfied, smug, eminence gris in that shot. (wtf is an eminence gris? Yeah, I wondered that too.)
Jackie bought a house 6 km from town. (I er.. think that's a part of a homework equation.)
Jackie ran into @AvrilLavigne this morning on Sunrise - check out these pics! http://ow.ly/i/9Kyy (ha... a random tweet)
Jackie hopes for family to support her dreams. (hmmm... well.. alright, yeah sure I guess.)
Jackie runs over a bunch of exotic cars in an industrial truck? (now that... sounds AWESOME! It could be my DREAM!!! Sure hope my family supports my dream...)
Jackie hates you (Short and to the point. I suppose it all depends on who "you" is though...)
Jackie eats brains (yummo)

Ha. That was fun!

day 18 - a song that you wish you heard on the radio

Ministry of Magic - Gryffindor Rally Cry


I love this song. It's so happy. I would squeal with glee if I heard this on the radio. lol.

1 comment:

  1. Jakie Wants A Black Eye sounds like a terrible song.

    Also wooooooooo Jason Munday!

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy