Friday, October 30, 2009

10/30... the 2nd

Ha... I think this is a new event. Posting twice in one day. Oh wells, it sorta feels like it's a new day, since I posted last night at 130am. James McAvoy... whew, he... is... yummy. I found I have quite a few icons of this beautiful man on this laptop. And I'm certainly not complaining.


I went back to the library. Thank goodness I planned it this way, because I thought I returned all but one of my previous batch... but that was incorrect. One of the books fell behind my chair in the car. And I probably wouldn't have even realized it had I not been looking to re-check it out in the library today. When it wasn't there, I looked in my car. Phew. Close one. Actually, I need to hop on my 'puter upstairs to double check and make sure I've turned in all the books from the last batch... cuz I've gone completely overboard with all the books I've borrowed. Ya know how yesterday (last night... early this morning.... whatever) I said I checked out almost 20? Well, I checked out about that much today too. Ahem. So I've got about 40 books to wander through. Technically, it's probably closer to 37, and actually, it's more like 31, because 6 are for the boyfriend to read. Ha. Of the 30 or so books I have for myself:
~3 are fiction
~5 are books to improve writing
~4 are books I'll probably only flip through
~4 are on cloth dolls and doll costumes
~4 are on sewing
~4 are on misc stuffs
~4 are artwork books that I'll be just staring at
~3 are on polymer clay






Those are my lovely books. And my tote that I carry my notebook and my writing companion - a stuffed polar bear named Mel - in. UGH! So I got paranoid and went upstairs to make sure all the books from my last batch were in and I didn't misplace any. It said I missed one. Damn it. So I hop in my car and go searching for the missing book. Nothing. My friend took me to the library yesterday, so I texted her to ask to check her car when she got out of work. Meanwhile, I wandered back to the library to see if the book was there. And it was. Dang it. I'm freaking out because I thought I'd lost a book, and they had just stocked the book but never checked it back in. So I brought it to the front desk, and the lady assured me it was impossible, and that it must be another copy of the same book. But she looked it up, and sure enough, it was the same book. Dern it. The lady was all like "Oh my! I don't understand how that could have happened!" Talk about a *PHEW* moment.

A few days ago, me and a friend went to a pet store. We were attacked by salespeople in a way different than normal. Rather than them talking to us and asking the same questions, they came armed with animals. One with three kittens, and one with a golden retriever puppy. So my friend - being a cat person - went with the kittens, and me - the dog person - went with the puppy. They gave me two puppy toys - that the puppy had absolutely no interests in. Instead, the puppy chewed on my shoelaces, (untied them) my hoody sleeve, and my camera strap.


There's the pup, attacking my strap. She was a sweetie, just in to the tugging phase. I had to hide my camera before she did damage. While she was grabbing at my sleeve, she nicked my thumb, right at the cuticle, which is already terrible. It started to bleed, a lot. So I tucked my thumb in my fist as fast as possible, and stood to get someone's attention. Couldn't play with the puppy with a bloody hand. NOONE was around!! They were gone! There were customers, no salespeople! Usually there's a dozen different folks asking me one by one if I want to buy the dog I'm playing with, but not this time. So I'm standing there, waiting for someone, and trying to fight off the puppy, because since I stood, it started tugging on my shoelaces again. When I finally got someone, she gave me a bandage and showed me to the bathroom. Despite the fact that I had tucked my thumb in my fist tightly, the blood was still flippin' flowing! So I washed it a couple times with the soap, and used the bandage. Then I went looking for my bud. She was still in a cubby, with the kittens. When I looked over the wall, she looked up at me and said "the kitten lady never came back." It was crazy! They must have been short staffed that day. I wandered around until I could find someone to take the kittens so we could leave. Oy.

I took a couple more pictures of the clay pumpkin and the carved pumpkin today.








I have them on a box, on an end table. I opened the window just enough to show the pumpkins, but I didn't lke how much it exposed in the living room, so I taped up a garbage bag to cover the pumpkins and the window. Ha. I win. The last picture sorta looks like my clay pumpkin has an extra tooth. That's one of the flickering candles. There's three in it, because just one didn't seem bright enough.


While I was outside taking the picture of how the pumpkins looked in the dark, I wanted to share this with you too. Most of this bush is still green, but a few of the leaves are beginning to turn. If I remember I'll go back out tomorrow and take a few pics of some of the other leaves too. I just love how this bush starts to turn. It's so pretty.


When I came back in, I took a picture of my halloween costume. It's like, you know, three halloweens old, but meh. Thought I could dress up while passing out candy.


And then, while wandering this laptop, a thinger came up to tell me to clear out space on the hard drive. I clicked the button that said to do it manually, and up popped the Add/Remove programs. The first program was a webcam program. I was like "wha?!" So I went searching, and lo and behold, the little dot on the top of the screen is a webcam! Hahaha. So I took a picture of my camera, the cable 'mote, and my phone. Hahaha.


Currently watching the Panic Room. Didn't know that Stewart chick was in it. Interesting. So I'm off to watch, and take a gander at some of the books I have set out. hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy