Friday, October 30, 2009

10/30

I'm unable to think of a good title for today's blog. Oh well. I'm feeling a bit sick to my stomach right now. I had some devilled eggs (not sure of the spelling) and I don't think they liked me as much as I liked them. Joy. I'm also on my mom's laptop as opposed to my computer. So I only have a couple of icons accessible to me, and I don't rightly feel like looking for new icons. This one is of Zooey Deschanel. I absolutely adore this actress. I think she's gorgeous. In all honesty, Zooey is definitely current inspiration for my someday ED. Yep, my someday ED has changed again. No longer is it black haired, gold eyed, Noire. Haha.

I returned 18 of the 19 books I checked out from the library. Tomorrow I plan on returning the last book, re-checking out three I returned yesterday, and checking out a couple more books. That's... added to the 16 books I checked out yesterday. In my defense, a lot of them were not chosen to read, but rather to admire. Books full of artwork and whatnot, to just stare at. I also picked up some books on polymer clay. I still have a lot to learn on the medium. And some "For Dummies" books on sketching and painting, two categories that I would love to further explore, both of which I'm rather horrible at in my own opinion. And a few more books on writing.

I'm getting annoyed at my blog thingy. I have the list of blogs I love to read. And I visit my blog to see the list to find out if it's been updated. But I noticed 2 weeks ago that the list wasn't updating itself. Like, Reddiker Woodes, She's been writing almost every day and it wasn't until just recently that my list updated itself. So I went back and read all the entries I missed. And while I visited Yren's blog, I noticed my blog on her list wasn't updated either. EVen though it's been like two weeks since I last wrote, two weeks is still sooner than the entry that's listed as most recent, which was more like three weeks ago. It bothers me. I started to rely on the blog list to keep me updated, and it's not. So now I've been checking each blog indiviually every day, like I used to before I started depending on blogspot. It looks as though it's updating again, so all is well, but still, it sure did annoy me for long enough.

As I mentioned above, I'm on my mom's laptop. She begged my dad for a laptop for years, even though she doesn't know how to use a 'puter, and so my dad bought her one for her birthday. He spent days trying to teach her to use it, and she'd stand there and not listen. Then she'd complain because she doesn't know how to use it. Frickin' annoying. Then she asked my dad if he bought it at Walmart, so that she could possibly return it and use the money for something else. He didn't, and actually, this laptop was on sale because it was being discontinued. So ha. And well, I've wanted a laptop too. Just because I like the idea of being able to sit elsewhere's other than my desk. So a few months ago I asked to borrow my mom's laptop, and she told me to keep it until she asked for it back. She hasn't asked for it back. So I've been using it, although I tend to use it mainly to listen to music while I'm playing with clay. The laptop is significantly slower than my computer, so I tend to get frustrated and have to calm myself down when the laptop is extra slow.

I'm on this laptop because the boyfriend is on my 'puter. His computer died a couple weeks back. It shows the blue screen of death before it even loads the computer. So he's going to start saving for a new 'puter. He got a job too! He works at a deli counter now in a grocery store. He actually doesn't like it at all. But, it's all he's got right now, so he'll live with it. I'm going to head further away to go job hunting. I figure the closer we get to the holidays, the more jobs available. I'll settle for seasonal for sure.

I think I'm going to do something I'm ashamed to say I haven't done in years. I'm going to clean my room. It's terrible in there. It basically looks like I'm a hoarder. I've got paths within the trash in order to get from A to B to C. A = the bed, B = the desk, C = the bathroom. My fridge and the closet don't have paths, you have to hope for the best in order to access them. The last time I cleaned my room was probably about 6 months after we moved in to this house. That was.... over 3 years ago? I'm terrible. Maybe I am a hoarder. A packrat. When I looked up compulsive hoarding... I've found the characteristics sound like me. I also find that the "Digital Hoarding" is me as well.

I'm incredibly glad that "Animal hoarding" is not me though. I'd hate to think of hoarding living creatures. Once, I ended up with 30+ dwarf hamsters, but that was completely by accident, and as a result, I doubt I'll ever have hamsters ever again. I started with two. Then, I bought two more from a friend, (only one survived... ate the other one. Very terrible. The survivor was then named "Killer".) I then bought 1 from another friend. His name was Sam, and he was HUGE. He had tried to escape his cage (which was an aquarium all to himself... he had his own, Killer had his own, and then the two I bought from the pet store - Pen and Pencil - had their own.) and ended up getting stuck upside down, hanging by one foot, on his home. I had checked on him that morning, but was gone all day, so that night I found him, he was not moving. He's a biter, and worse, he bites and holds, to where you need to shake him off. I was afraid to touch him, and ended up using a piece of cardboard to lift him until he was lifted off his home. He was alive, and incredibly hungry and thirsty. Poor Sam. Of all the hamsters I had, I probably loved Sam and Killer the most. Killer, despite the initial setback of him killing and eating his brother, he amazed me because he was so active and strong. I had a normal hamster cage for him originally, but it was so hard to maintain, we switched to an aquarium. We took the floor of the real cage, which was sorta ladder like, and put it in Sam's cage. He didn't do anything with it, so I tried putting it in Killer's cage. Immediately, he started climbing all over 'em like monkey bars. Pull ups and whatnot. And he did it all the time. He was awesome. Anyhoo, Pen and Pencil reproduced. It was exciting the first time, but it left me with five more hamsters. So then I had seven hamsters in one cage. Another pregnancy and I had 13 in one cage, I bought another cage, but I couldn't put any of the hamsters in with Sam or Killer, they were completely unrelated to the pet shop hamsters. Actually, Sam is the nephew of Killer. Me and my friend each bought our two hamsters from the same person, then I bought one hamster from her. But seeing as how Killer didn't get along with his own brother, I was certainly not going to attempt to try things out with Sam and Killer together. Noone wanted any hamsters, (with one exception, I was able to give two away to a friend, but that's it) and the pet store didn't have room for anymore. So I had 13 hamsters in two cages. 13 became 20. 20 became 30. And that's not including the 6 babies that died because I was stupid and moved the cage. It was late, I was trying to sleep. And one of the Pens or Pencils was going at it with the danged hamster wheel. I knew not to mess with the cage when babies were around, because the friend I gave two hamsters to did it, and the parents ate the babies. But, I NEEDED them out of there, so I CAREFULLY placed the cage outside my door. That morning, no more babies.

I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I think a disease may have found its way to the hamsters. They started to die. It was incredibly sad every time one died. I tried my hardest to keep them all checked on during multiple times of the day. But school was still around. High school. And I couldn't be around then. The hamsters kept dying. When they died, I would try to get them out of the cage as fast as humanly possible, because hamsters... they eat each other. I'll never forget walking down (my room was in the basement) to check on them, only to find one being eaten.... alive. *shudders* There were quite a few holes in the backyard that year. I buried each and everyone of them, even the ones that were no longer... whole. All in all, it was an incredibly terrifying experience. I never ever want another hamster.

...Moving on... I'll be attempting to clean my room soon enough. During which time I'll be kicking the boyfriend out. Cleaning is something I need to do on my own. He often offers to help, and definitely hates how my room has become, but I can't clean with him. I need to be alone.

I... am terrified of scary movies. Did I ever tell you that? Oh yes. Terrified. I HATE scary movies. Gremlins gives me nightmares. And that's supposed to be a comedy... I'm told. The Ring gave me nightmares, and I don't even think that was rated R. Right now, I'm watching... Drag Me to Hell. And I'm freaking out. FREAKING OUT. But, my bro and his girl started watching it while I was down here. Lots.. of fun.

Moving on... atleast trying to. Over the last few weeks I've mainly been playing with clay, reading, and trying to write. I'd shown my dad the little pumpkin thinger I made for Linny, and he told me to make a normal sized jack-o-lantern. I told him it would cost like, $20 bucks for the clay. I was wrong. I'd never made something so large before, usually I make small stuff. It took about $40 for it. I don't know if I'm happy with the way it came out, but I believe it's acceptable. I haven't taken a pic of it without light yet, but I did take a picture of it lit in the window. My dad bought battery operated flickering candles for it.



The picture was taken with my phone, because my batteries on my camera batteries need to be charged again. A couple days ago I did something I haven't done since I was atleast 9... I carved
a pumpkin. Ha. We haven't had a real jack-o-lantern in years and years. And usually we only ever carve basic shaped faces, like the clay jack-o-lantern I made above.

My friend and her family were carving pumpkins and I was invited to participate. They use paper stencils to carve pumpkins, so I did too. I chose the hardest one in the book to do, and it took me hours, but I'm happy with the result.





I have a headache. It's terrible. It won't go away. And so, I'm going away. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy