Friday, April 2, 2010

Honey honey honey honey honey

Another old ED Forum icon. This is Hathar, a person I created in Sims 2. Hee hee haha. She was roomates with Edie. I had this big elaborate story planned out for them, but it was so long ago, I can't remember it anymore! I know that Hathar was a straight lace. Edie was her crazy artistic friend from college who moved in to the room above Hathar's garage. But that's all I seem to remember from the story. lol.

I found some old photos I wanted to share.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/pybmizxon/pointless%20pics/DSCF0070.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/pybmizxon/pointless%20pics/DSCF0074.jpg
These are my cow slippers. Aren't they adorable!? They have tails! Heeeeeee. If I liked wearing socks, I would totally wear these more often.

The next two are mashups, a virtual me put in to a real life me pic.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/pybmizxon/more%20mashup/DSCF0223.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/pybmizxon/more%20mashup/DSCF0228.jpg
The virtual me is from a game called imstar, that went out of business a few years ago. I loved that game. Hehe. I had a lot of similar clothes. Like in the first pic, the flash plus a crappy camera washed out the color of my outfit, but it's a pink sweater and light blue jeans, honest! lol. In the second pic I'm "showing" my virtual self that I had clear jelly shoes too! lol. Hmm... I wonder what happened to those... anyway..

So I've developed a bit of an addiction to honey. Not quite sure how it happened. Last night I had a TON of honey. I over honeyfied my tea, and had many cups, I had honey on toast, honey on ice cream, honey on apples, honey on vanilla wafers... honey straight up. Needless to say, I ended up wired. Felt antsy. I watched some tv, Dancing with the Stars. I rewatched two episodes, and seriously laughed at something Kate what's-her-face said in one. The new hostess asked her how she felt after she got her scores, and Kate said something like,

"Great! Now my kids can sleep well tonight."

ROFL... WHAT???? Her kids are still waaaay too young to be plagued with worry that their mother might not make it to the next round on DwtS, or that she might hurt herself dancing. (I imagine no kid would think you could hurt yourself dancing) Or is she hinting that, had her scores been bad, she would have flown straight home and thrown fits at the top of her lungs, so that her children would physically not be able to sleep?? Oooh Kate... you need to hire a writer or something, if you want to continue to try and get sympathy when using the kid card. *shakes head* On to the hostess. New lady this season. Brooke Burke. She was a contestant on the show a couple of seasons ago, when Lance Bass was on. I dunno if I really like her as the new host, but eh, maybe she'll grow on me. The old host... Samantha Harris I think... took a looong time for me to get used to. She bothered the heck out of me for forever. lol.

I was completely surprised Shannon Doherty was the first to be sent home on Tuesday. Sad even. I've have rather a bunch of the other people go - like Kate. I thought Shannon had potential, and she wasn't awful. *sigh* I don't tend to vote this early in the game, unless it's someone I'm really rooting for, like Joey Fatone or Lance Bass, (NSYNC WOOOOO!!) or Steve-o. But there's no one I'm really rooting for at the moment. So I guess I can't complain too much that Shannon left.

So I was on Facebook the other day, and my friend mentioned our trip to the zoo... and the butterflies. I have no idea if I ever talked about the butterflies to you blog folk, but lemme tell ya, it was a horrifying experience. Some friends and I went to the zoo last summer for one friend's birthday.
That's them all at the tail end of our trip. I swear we chose the hottest day of the summer to go, and well, this staircase between the dolphin gift shop and the dolphin tank was mercifully air conditioned, so we hung out here for a while. This was after the butterflies.

Okay, so they tell me at the beginning that birthday girl wants to go through the butterfly exhibit. I'm like okay, that's fine. I can do this. Apparently, that was an overestimation on my part. As we're getting closer in line to visit the butterflies, I begin to silently freak out. I keep telling myself to calm the heck down, while at the same time try to think up some valid excuse for me to not join them. I was unable to think of anything. We get to the area just before the butterflies, where the guy is telling us what we should and should not do. He specifically says to:
- watch where we step because the butterflies tend to land anywhere, including the pathways
- not touch the butterflies for any reason
- be thankful if a butterfly lands on you, for it chose you (but don't touch, just stare)
- make certain you do not have any butterflies trying to use you as a scape goat to get outta there at the end

So I'm okay, I'm doing this, I'm looking from afar, and they really are beautiful. My friend and I see there's one on the path, and birthday girl is headed towards it, we thought she was stopping to take a close up picture of it, but no, she kept walking. When we screamed, and I mean SCREAMED, she just looked at us like we were crazy. I may not like bugs, but I don't want to see her squish one either! It somehow miraculously ended up on the side of her flip flop, and she stood and waited for it to leave. UGH. WHAT WAS THE FIRST THING MR. BUTTERFLY TOLD US?!! Dang people who don't pay attention.

So that scared the heck out of me, and I decided in order for me to keep my composure, I would have to wander alone, staring at the floor, to make sure that I wouldn't kill any butterflies, and I wouldn't see any butterflies be killed.

This:

Was one of two pictures I took while in there. It's not a butterfly either. ROFL. It's a moth. They told me there was only two in the whole exhibit, so I went a looking for them. I took pics of both of them, but that one's the nicer looking of the two.

So, HAPPY DAY, my group is beginning to finish their own perusal of the exhibit. I had been basically standing near the exit for five minutes at least. Two of my friends start verbally wishing a butterfly had landed on them. And then it happens. A butterfly flutters innocently in front of us.... and lands on my arm. I am blinded by fear. My first instinct is to bat it away or have some sort of spasm to force it to leave, but I remember Mr. Butterfly's instructions, and so I stand there, rigid as a board, looking away, tearing up, waiting for this thing to leave. A different Mr. Butterfly is looking at me incredulously.
Mr. Butterfly number 2: "You should be honored! It chose you!"
me whispering: "I don't.... like.... bugs...."
Mr Butterfly number 2: "They're not bugs! They're beautiful insects!!!"
me: "..."

One of my friends, who saw the fear in my eyes, tried to calm me down, and informed me of the butterfly's departure. It would figure that the ONE FLIPPING PERSON in the butterfly tent who wants ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the damned butterflies would be CHOSEN BY ONE to take a breather on her damn arm. I bet the butterfly did it on purpose. It knew.

Oh the horror of that day. I look back at it now, and still react the same way I did right after the even - I laugh my ass off. I can not believe I am afraid of butterflies. I know I'm afraid of bugs - or insects, creepy crawlies, ha - but butterflies?! I could have sworn I thought butterflies were okay, the only bug I was okay with. I was telling my dad my horrifying experience later that night, and even mentioned how I thought the fear of butterflies in specific might be a new discovery... and he informed me that I've always been afraid of butterflies. He then told me a story. When I was younger, around 4 he said, I would run after the butterflies, stop a foot away, crouch down, and stare. When the butterfly started to fly again, I would scream to high heaven and run in the opposite direction as fast as I could, then I'd turn around, find where it went, and repeat the process. He said he tried to explain that the butterfly wouldn't hurt me, but I must not have believed him.

So... there we have it. I am deathly afraid... of butterflies. It reminds me of a small part in an episode of the Simpsons, when Bart confesses to Lisa that when he dies, he wants to be reincarnated in to a butterfly. When Lisa asks why, he responds "Because! No one ever suspects... the BUTTERFLY!!! Muah ha ha ha."
You are wrong, sir Bart, I do believe *I* would suspect that butterfly. Oh yes.


Where was I? Oh, nowhere in particular. Ha. Okay, so four years ago, McDonald's released a set of four 15 minute fitness dvds as part of their "grown up happy meal" thing. Four years ago, I was not grown up enough to want any part of that. No grown up happy meal for me! Give me my tiny buildabear toy and those chicken nuggets! lol. But well, either they just didn't take, or Mickey D's just overestimated the popularity, because one lady who worked for the parent company of the cafe I used to work at? She ended up with BOXES of these dvds. She gave a set to everyone, and ended up with tons and tons of leftover. Looking back I should have taken more than one set, mayhaps someone would be interested in them in the future. Anyhoo, four years later, while hyped up on honey, I decided to workout! WOOT! Technically, I love jogging, walking, and biking best, but I just didn't feel like going outside. So yeah. I did two sessions of the first dvd: yoga, and one session each of the second and third dvds: cardio and core. I figured an hour was good enough exercise, so I skipped the fourth dvd: strength. I'll do that one next time around. The dvds themselves... I don't really like them. LOL. The person who's instructing me is a virtual person, and so her voice doesn't match her movements, and she doesn't explain everything she's doing. With a real person, you get commentary. Like "Okay, we're going to do this and this, and make sure you do this, and hold.... breath.... and let go..." With her you get
"................
...................
now do this
......................
.......................
................." And during those ...'s she's moving around and getting in to positions! I'm like wait! What the heck are you doing?? Or Wait! Don't tell me to look away or close my eyes! I can't close my eyes or look away! If I can't see you, I won't know what I'm doing! Oy!

But, the videos worked fairly well I think. I'm sore. So I may continue with virtual lady, if I'm lucky I'll get used to the movements and won't need to stare at her so much. Then again, I'm so out of shape, I doubt it would be difficult for me to get sore after doing anything remotely physically challenging for an hour.

Then I wanted to laugh, so I was watching some comedy central standup shows. I came across one from... last year maybe? Called Christopher Titus: Love is Evol. It was soo cute. He was funny and adorable. I recorded it, for rewatching in the future. lol. I then recorded a comedy show on HBO called "Women of the Night". I paused it, because I had a weird urge to bake an apple pie. (er... yeah... never baked an apple pie before... but had an urge to)

We were out of apples, so I grabbed the last of my quarters and wandered to Walmart, at 4am. And then came a problem. The recipe called for 7 cups of apples, or approx 2lbs. I could not, for the life of me, remember which apples my dad said were best to bake apple pies. Well, I could remember them... but I get them confused with the apples my dad says are terrible for baking apple pies. Jonathan apples and Mcintosh apples. The problem was... which were which? LOL. To solve my problem, I stayed clear from both. I bought one Pink Lady, one Fuji, one Gala, one Braeburn, and one er... yeah I forget the last one, but I ended up only using four. I figured if one was bad to bake with, another might be good, and they'd equal out to okay. But then, I wouldn't know which were bad and which were good.... lol. Holes in my plan. Oh well.

I get home and start a workin'. And then I forget, I condensed the recipe instructions, and forgot how to make a pie crust correctly. lol. I had made a couple last November for Thanksgiving, but obviously didn't remember them. I made the pie crust too much like dough, so it wasn't very light and crispy. I also used a muffin tin instead of a pie pan. I made li'l pies. hehee. And then when I ran out of muffin spots, I used the rest of the dough, added a bunch of flour to try and make it less doughy, and made a turnover type thing. And then I stuck the rest of the apples in a pie pan and covered it in a sugar, flour, and egg mixture.


The pie pan concoction ended up being VERY hard. Like, almost-broke-my-teeth hard. lol.


The turnover ended up being almost perfect, not much flavor since I added so much extra flour.


The pies themselves had thick crusts, but were still yummy, so it all worked out. Next time I try and make them, I'll have to remember the crust thing. lol. It took over two hours total to make them, almost an hour of baking time included.

While they were baking I was watching "Women of the Night." The info button claimed it was from '95, but I was convinced it was older than that. Martin Short was the host and he looked older than he did in the 90's. (Using Father of the Bride 2 as a reference.. and at the end of the video, it actually said 1987, so yeah I was right, it was older than '95) How he got laughs from the goofiness he threw on stage in that, I'll never know. lol. I like Martin Short though. So I couldn't complain too much. Ellen Degeneres was the opener, and she had some funny bits. Then Rita Rudner came on and she had some cute moments. And then... Judy Tenuta came on. I had/have no idea who she is... and she... was not funny.... at all. No, scratch that, there was one time, when she said something like "So I came home and realized my house was gone, but I figured that's my fault since I just left it there out in the open like that." And I sort of went "ha," for a second, but then she continued with the joke and it went back to not funny. I was ready to tear my hair out trying to watch her. I kept having to talk myself out of fast forwarding through her bit, because I was certain she must have been on the show for something. Sigh. And then she left, and I prayed, PRAYED the next comedian would be better. Luckily it was Paula Poundstone, and she was pretty funny. They should have just skipped the Judy chick. She must be an acquired taste. *shrugs*

Okay, that's enough for today. Or well, tonight. It's now around half past midnight, and I'm getting myself psyched up to watch every vlogbrother episode there is... *cough* That's around.... 650 videos that are anywhere from 2-5+ minutes long.... and I plan to do it this weekend. Heh... yeah, wish me luck!

And before I go, *points to the left* look! I decided to update my old picture of myself. Hee hee haha. That was taken just last week. :)

1 comment:

  1. i love your new picture, so cute!

    and hey, as tweeted to you i also baked an apple pie that day, and i almost never bake one, so funny, it was yummy, so good that we didn't take any pictures of it but ate it all!
    we made a dough using a recipe in our cookingbook, then sliced and diced 4 apples into small pieces, put them in one bowl, in another bowl mixed 1/2 cup of sugar, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and two tablespoons flour, then mixed this with the apples. then we spread half of the dough in a glass form as the bottom, spread the applemix on it, then cover it all with the other half of the dough to close it, then we cut little holes in the top dough so it won't explode.
    i wish we took pics, will have to make it again soon!

    ~Annina

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy