Monday, April 19, 2010

Ooooh #Castle, how I love thee. <3

Another post, one day after the last! Craziness! lol. This icon is Detective Kate Beckett. From the television show Castle. That I love. My second favorite show. Heee.

I chose the above title because I do love Castle. Actually, it was what I posted on my Twitter a week or so ago. Shortly after watching the newest Castle. lol.


For those who do not know Castle, it's a dramedy (Comedy-Drama) cop show. I've realized that currently my top three fave shows are dramedy cop shows.... coincidence? lol. But anyhoo, Richard Castle, played by Nathan Fillion, (soooo adorable!!!) is a writer. He had successfully written a series of books, but got tired of his main character, and killed him off. Searching for inspiration, he encounters a tough female Homicide detective, Kate Beckett, and is smitten. He uses his relationship with the mayor to get himself on the inside of the yellow tape, getting permission to follow Kate and her team around on their cases. He begins writing books on a character named Nikki Heat. A homicide detective. Ooooh how I love this show.


I love almost everything about this show. Almost. Unlike NCIS. (where I do love everything) Castle has gotten.... predictable? for me. Not as in
"oh I totally know where this story is going,"
but rather
"he did it"
the very moment that "he" first shows up on the screen.

It seems that the guest star I recognize the most is always the killer. At least, that's how it's been for the past few shows I've seen. I thought it might change last week, because I actually did see a few guest stars I recognized, and I was a bit excited that I might be wrong in my initial quick-guess, but no. Right again. Sigh. Oh well though, the show is still good, I love it. It shall be interesting to see if my quick-guess will be correct with tonight's show. lol.
Anyhoo, so one of the first celebs I followed on Twitter was Nathan Fillion. And a long while ago, he had mentioned something about Richard Castle book signings in NY. I was confused, but didn't really look in to it. A few months ago I found out that ABC had decided to actually release "Richard Castle's" first Nikki Heat book, Heat Wave to the public. Oooooooh. I see. Immediately, I hopped on my library's website, and stuck myself on the "hold list" for the book. I was like, number 12 or something. Three months later, I finally get the book.


Hooray! I finished reading it yesterday. It wasn't too bad. It read a lot like an episode of Castle, crazily enough. lol. Except there were parts in there that aren't in Castle, and therefore were a welcome change. And plus there's the fact that I'm a slow reader, so it read more like a three hour special of Castle put in extra slow motion. ROFL. But yeah, I liked the book. I checked it out with some books by David Levithan, so I'll be starting on one of those soon. Actually, I think I may choose just one of his books, and return the rest for now. Plus I can return the Castle book, and the John Green books. (I had only checked them out to be able to paint them on the 5th. lol)
I bet the people behind me in the hold list line for Castle will be grateful I don't hold on to it until the actual due date, which I think is sometime in May.


So Friday at Dave and Busters, we actually did play games and what not, but I'm really not a big fan of playing games like that, so I didn't play much. Sara and I were using the same game card though, so when it came time to cash in the tickets, we had to put our tickets together. We each got a shot glass. This one's mine:
I put my phone next to it to help with scale. It's a mini hurricane glass type dealy. Soo cute.

You know, I love shopping. Really. I was a shopaholic when I had money to do so... and even when I didn't. Hence why I'm now in credit card debt. But anyhoo, I've found a way to shop! My dad usually does the grocery shopping once a month, but last month, was too tired to do it after work, so me and my brother went. And it was fun! Even if I'm shopping only for things on a grocery list, it's still fun. hehe. Today I went grocery shopping without me bro. Still fun, even though I had to go back cuz I forgot a couple things. lol. Oooooh shopping.

Okay, fairly short entry today I think. Gonna wander off to the library before I have to pick up me dad from the train station. Better get a move on too, I know not when my dad will text! Heee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy