Sunday, April 25, 2010

Niz

Hello blog world!! Here I is, sharing a bunch of nothing. Ha.





Another noxyism:


I've been going on walks at night. Around midnight. The sky's been fairly cloudy, but one night I managed to see a shooting star! Hee. It's quite possible I saw another one two days later, but it looked more like a falling star. Never seen one like that though, so I dunno if it actually was a shooting star or not. Last night at midnight it was raining. I was sad. But then at like, 3am, there was no more rain, and it smelled lovely outside. So I wandered out. Hee.


So I was looking on imvu, trying to find my evil banana sticker. imvu is a MMOSG, or a Massive Multiplayer Online Social Game. You get your own avatar page as well, that's much like a myspace page only a tad bit cooler because of stickers. Stickers are just pictures, like .png or .jpg - except instead of having to paste the code in to the page, (And adding the appropriate measurements and/or br's to get it in the right position... for those code savvy folk) you can actually click and drag the sticker anywhere you want on the page. It's pretty darn nifty. When stickers first showed up on imvu, I made a bananas are evil sticker.
It was just something silly I made, waaaay back in like, October of 2005. Took a banana, threw it in Paint, and added the evility. (yay for new words) Then a couple months later, I learned a fairly basic way to make the background transparent (my 15 yr old photo program doesn't do things like that) so I re released it.
So yeah, version 1 only sold about 100 copies on imvu, while version 2 has currently sold 1,578 and counting, it still gets bought occasionally! lol. I get a kick out of that, because I had no idea it would be so popular. Mind you, some stickers on that site, by now, have probably reached the 100,000s in sales, but hey, 1,500 isn't a bad number. Hehe.

Anyhoo, so I was trying to find this sticker, and knew the quickest way for me to find it would be to search "Evil banana" in the imvu catalog... and there's my stickers with someone else's sticker, that has the same name as mine, and uses the same thumbnail! I was like EXCUSE ME?! The sticker is a bit more expensive than mine, and the only way for me to confirm whether or not they've stolen my sticker and are trying to sell it themselves is to BUY it and see. But I refuse to buy a sticker that looks like it's stolen. Especially if the stolen sticker in question is mine. So I sent a complaint letter to imvu, asking them to look in to it. Hopefully it gets sorted. Stickers on imvu get stolen all the time, and it's sad, but it happens. The only person who can report the theft is the one who made the sticker, so I'm glad I happened to find it. It's curious though, the person who might or might not have stolen my sticker only has ONE thing for sale, and that's the sticker in question. Why on earth would you choose to steal my sticker, and choose to sell ONLY that sticker? I put a lot of hard work in to that sticker!!! Okay, well, no, I didn't. Used the line tool in paint, and some text, a bit of the paintbrush tool... all in all, it probably took me all of five minutes to get the features in the spot I wanted them. But hey, the point is *I* did it. If they want to release an evil banana, they should take five minutes to make their OWN. Grrrr. [/end rant]




I wander deviantArt sometimes, and last year came across a person who was holding her own contest to draw art for her "characters." I entered a couple times and got an honorable mention, and my prize was that she'd draw one of *my* characters. But er... I don't have characters really. So I gave her a picture of my There person.

That is the drawing she made me. And that was all well and good then, but now she's offering a free bookmark to those who help advertise her upcoming contest, and I like bookmarks, so I wanna participate. But I got the feeling she very much prefers drawing characters as opposed to... not characters. lol.

I dunno if you've come across "characters" or not, some folks like to make reference sheets for characters in their own writings. Here's an example:
http://nightmare-chan22.deviantart.com/art/Contest-Ref-Prince-Lapis-161565245
In this way they can show exactly how a person looks in their head, also providing exact color swatches, designs, even listing personality traits.

Sooooo... to make it easier for her when it comes time to start advertising for her contest and she starts making bookmarks, I turned Therenoxy in to a character. And while I was drawing her face, she started "becoming" a character in my head. Her new name is Niz, and her best friends are Airen (a fairy) and Dmitri, (an evil banana) I even started brainstorming about the how's, when's, why's, and whatnots... so I might start writing short stories about Niz soon. But yeah, not certain yet. lol.

This is Dmitri. Since so many of my previous There stories were based around evil bananas, I thought Niz having an evil banana as a best friend would be hilarious. Dmitri was chosen because he appears in my very first There story. He's the King in that story.
There's Airen. She's a fairy. I drew her with EDs in mind. She's wearing a silver metal bikini with a collar. Her hair is based on Noire's style. And of course there's her pale skin too. Originally, she was supposed to have wings... but I tried a dozen different wings on her before I gave up on that idea. So she floats on her own, with little glowing orbs that match her eyes surrounding her.


And there's Niz. Based on my There noxy:
When I made the original There jacket in the game, I put a real picture of a squirrel on the front of the girls' shirt. On Niz, I chose to just put an acorn and a squirrel I drew, both of which are on the back of the original jacket anyway.

I made Niz first before Airen and Dmitri, and didn't feel like drawing a whole new body, so I used a lineart that I'd made for a character I had years ago.
There's Akemi. Ha. I'd forgotten all about her pretty much. I just remembered in the back of my mind that I had a character once, and I could use her lineart to make Niz. Niz was only altered slightly - tiny change to a finger, different shading in the face, new hair, new face. I keep staring at Akemi. She's like a stranger to me. lol. Back when I loved loud bright colors the best, and Yu Yu Hakusho was my favoritest show in the world. ROFL. She apparently even has a tatt on her bum that symbolizes my ex. (His nickname was Jrock. lol) So this chick was probably made about five years ago. She never starred in any stories. I used to play a boring online game, and most of the folks had characters for references for things on the site, so she was mine.



ANYHOO, If I do choose to start writing these stories though, I may start up a new blog just for stories. I could put my old There stories over there too. I think I'll try a different blog site too, like... no... wait.... epiphany. Ha. I have a free web site that I never did anything with. Mayhaps I'll throw my stories up in there. Hmmm....

Eh, I'll think more on it later. It's currently past 4am, and I've realized I'm back to staying up nights. I was trying so hard to stay on the opposite schedule. Ugh. It was rainy earlier, so no walk. But I might wander out for a short one right after posting this.

3 comments:

  1. Calle and me were also trying to maintain a more "normal" sleeping schedule, but we're also back to going to bed between 3 and 4 am. it's still kind of ok though, we get up between 10 and 11 am, before noon, so it's better than getting up in the late afternoon like we had for a while.
    we've been keeping this schedule of not getting up later than 11am and it feels about right. ;)
    ~Annina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm I should try such a schedule as well! I know I failed it big time this weekend. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You run a little side business or you plan to edit your
    stickers jdm styles the way you look? It is interesting that
    the federal government finally announced a plan to do something about
    it last year.

    my blog post; stick it soundtrack

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy