Sunday, April 18, 2010

Let's Go Fly a Kite!

Oooooh sadness... that is me. Not really. I can't believe it's already April. I had totally planned on cleaning my room back in March. Damn it. Oh well, seeing as how the job opportunity died, I'll have a chance to do so this month I thinks.

Yeah, the job opportunity, did not last very long. Sad. Last blog I mentioned that it was another department that was opening at my dad's work. That was incorrect, it was another division of the same department. I wasn't informed of this. Had I been, I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up, because well, jobs tend to have problems with hiring family members. But my dad told me today, along with a story of the HR department explaining to my dad's boss that family members can't work in the same department. Apparently, both my dad and his boss were unaware of this. And his boss has contacted higher ups about it. But, yeah, it looks as though that opportunity is not an opportunity. What a bummer.

That's really basically the only sadness. I'm still in a fairly good mood.
New firefox theme for me! I looked up "doll" or something like that, and found this one. It's cute. Hee.


On the ED Forum, my siggy is a "sloganizer" that rotates to a new slogan every few minutes, using "noxy" as the main word. Occasionally, I notice one I like, and even less often, I'll actually save that one in to a folder I've entitled "noxyisms."
This is the first one in ze folder. Not sure why I like this one, but eh. :)



I dunno if you blog readers have noticed, but I'm a big fan of the word "so." I seem to use it a lot. I don't know if I've always used it, or if it's a new development, which is totally possible. There are words that make their way in to rotation for days, weeks, months... and then POOF! They is gone. Like... well, "like" was a word I used in almost every sentence once upon a time, (when I was like... 10? Hehe) "dude" was another one I used when I was around 10 too, but my mom started yelling at me every time I'd use it, said it didn't sound appropriate. Sigh. Other words or phrases I used to use frequently once upon a time: "I know right?" "Seriously!" "What the hell?!" "Jeebus!" "Holy goodness!" "Goshy gee." "Fudge buckets!" "Meh." "Moo." "Woof."

Hopefully "so" falls in to the past too, because now that I've noticed it, it's going to bug me everytime I use it. And I apologize if it bothers you too, but right now, there's no stopping it! lol


So, (hahahaha) I was at Wendy's last week with my one RL friend, and we encountered this on the door:
What the heck?! If ONLY Wendy was winking....
There we go. Fear my massively awesome editing skillz. So here we have Wenchy Wendy, smiling suggestively, at night, winking, with the caption "See you later?" Above her head. Okay, even without the wink, isn't that creepy?! Stupid Wendy is already talking in commercials. And now she's flirting with me as I leave the restaurant?! How OLD are you Wendy?! LEAVE ME BE!!!


Okay, so I wanted to go to the dollar store because they have hair dye there. I could not, for the life of me, get my hair color to the red I wanted it to be, so I gave up. Decided to go back to black. My brother took me, and then he decided he wanted to buy a kite, because it was fairly windy that morning. I dunno what's with him and kites. I can honestly say, I have never had an urge to go fly a kite, despite the song getting in my head every now and again. But my brother's made kite flying attempts at least once a year for a while now. Not always successful. Which is why I encouraged him to go for the kite. It was only a dollar here, and often times when he gets the urge, it's at night, and the dollar store is closed, so he has to shell out more money. Nighttime kite-flying. Ooooh yeah. Ha. Anyhoo, we're standing at the kites, and there's Spongebob and Dora, then some superheros - spiderman and... um... it might have been superman, but now I'm not sure... Jimmy was hoping for the Flash, because that's his fave hero, but poor Flash gets no love most the time. So Jimmy chose the last choice available.... wait for it....
ooooooh yeah.... a smurf.
Why he chose the smurf is beyond me, I don't recall him ever watching the show... wait... no... mayhaps we did.... but I don't remember it being a big thing. Barney for me, Teletubbies for him, Power Rangers for the both of us... nope, don't remember either of us being a fan of Smurfs.
It is, however, quite obvious in the above picture, that this particular smurf was incredibly happy to be chosen.
It was a fairly good kite flying day. And luckily no one kicked us off the soccer field. (it was still technically in the middle of a school day, and kids were having recess)
Dunno if you can really see the kite in this pic, but it's sorta in the middle-ish, a smidgen or two to the left of the airplane line. Notice how my brother is looking in the opposite direction. Oooh yeah, he can fly a kite without even looking at it. Ha. Not really. You see, when we were at the dollar store, I found out you could exchange items! Crazyness! And well, I had three boxes of red hair dye at home, that I figured were a lost cause, because well, they're from the Dollar Store. But no! I can exchange them for black! Hooray! So my brother was kind enough to bring me home, and then back to the store. Kite flying happened in between the trips. This picture above was taken after Jimmy attached the string to the soccer net. I think he was checking to make sure it was secure when I snapped the pic. We left it there, wondering if it would still be up when we got back. It wasn't. LOL. Somehow ended up in an odd direction. (Say the wind was blowing east - I have no sense of direction so we'll pretend that it's east - when we got back, the kite had somehow dropped low to the north, - we're talking right-angle north - and then back east, successfully getting caught by two trees, and landing in the parking lot.) The kite was still in tact but for the two poles that crossed the long one. We were only able to find one of the two, so the kite flying was over. Oh well.

As mentioned, I grew tired of trying to achieve the red I was looking for. Especially since I wasn't even sure what the red I was looking for looked like. I just knew whatever colors I was getting... weren't it. So I went back to black. At the current, I think it's an unnatural black, and in my dying, there's a couple places I missed, so there's a bit of red still peeking, but eh, good enough. I was sad though, I wanted the red because I wanted a change in my hair. So I decided to cut me some bangs. Or fringe, depending on where you are in the world. I hadn't had bangs like this since I was around 12 - and I hated them. But hey, thought I'd give them another try, 12 years later.
Tada! I watched a dozen different youtube videos to try and learn, because though I truly feel that it's only hair, and hair grows back, I still wanted to try and get it right. For the most part I think I did okay. The part that bothers me is... well, one dude I was watching, said something like "only cut your bangs from iris to iris, anymore than that is too much." But... that didn't seem right at all. So I cut more. And dammit, he was right. LOL. I was looking at the mirror, and was thinking "wow, there's a lot on either side here...." *grabs ideal section* "this would have been perfect...." *measures to find 'perfect' was, in fact, iris to iris* "....would ya look at that. He was right....."

Oh well though, I don't think it looks too bad. Now we'll see if I actually like them or not. I did this all around 4am on Friday. Well, 10pm if you want to include the dyeing part of it too. Finished at around 6:30. Which... was a problem. Because I was supposed to be ready at 8. My one friend was having a birthday thinger, and I was to go, but didn't have my car, so she offered me a ride, provided I'd be willing to spend the whole day with her, rather than just 6pm and onward. Which was fine by me, except I hadn't expected to not be able to sleep. I was planning to do my hair today, but since I couldn't sleep Thursday night, I went for it then.

I went to sleep at 6:30, woke at 7:30, and was ready by 8. This was a mistake on my part, as my friend is notoriously late, and it's worse in the mornings. What I should have done in hindsight, was wait for her text informing me that she's on her way. It takes about twenty minutes to get to my house, so that would have been plenty of time to get ready. She actually got here around 10:20. Which means I could have had 4 hours of sleep instead of 1. But nope. When I woke, I couldn't fall back asleep, so yeah. Yay.
So this was me, trying to find a good angle in which to take a picture. I didn't like this angle. Hence why I am showing us talking to each other rather than us just smiling.

I found an angle I liked. That's me, my friend Sara in the purple, and her younger sister in the back. Yep.
We went to A&W for lunch.

I'd never been there, but it was real yummy.

So we went to the mall, and Sara, was trying some shirts on, cuz she wanted to wear a new one tonight. Cute that they personalize your dressing room door at Torrid. lol. Except they had spelled her name wrong, with an "H." Luckily, Sara's sister saved the day by erasing the extra letter.

Naturally, I was able to find the smexiest thing there - a faux fur vest, (the ONLY one in the store. Oooh yeah) and an uber cool hat. Yep. Oozing smexy in that pic. I should totally be a model.

End of day festivity pictures. The plan had been, leave at around 6pm to go to Dave and Busters. Get there at 7. However, that plan failed, when Sara's roommate called to say we should all go out afterwards, which would require something other than a tshirt and chucks, (what I was currently wearing) and I had nothing at home that was readily available for me to change to. So, we went back to Sara's, and she lent me some shoes, while her roommate lent me a shirt and a sweater.

By now it's 6:30, and Sara's still doing makeup, her roomie's just gone to her bf's house real quick, and we're pretty sure the other two people were already on their way. THEN, of course, at around 6:45, my dad calls. He's somehow locked himself out of my car- the good news being that it's in the driveway at home, the bad news... with the engine still running. So Sara had to drive me home to unlock the car door, and then we were off. At around 7. We got there last (no surprise) and the two who had already been on their way? Were on TIME for once. (When I was truly in this friend circle, I was seriously the only damned person who was ever, EVER on time. It was quite irritating.)


Sara ordered a TNTea, which was D&Bs version of a long island iced tea.


There's a blurry Sara, and an even blurrier Tim. (One who was on time.) He hates pictures, so he likes hiding from me. Doesn't help that my stupid camera makes an orange light just before it takes the shot. I hate pictures most of the time too, but if someone's taking a picture of me, I'll at least stay still - because I know I hate it when other people hide from me.

And there's Tim's GF, Trishie, (the other one on time) and Mandy (the roomie) and her BF David. They're not smiling because I didn't warn them about the picture. I've never tried taking a picture of David before, and didn't know if he'd smile, and then I wasn't sure if Trishie would smile cuz she sort of hates me... so yeah. Candid shot it is. Not like these folks (except David, he's still a fairly new development) are surprised. I do candid shots quite often.

The food took FOREVER TO COME!! It felt like an HOUR, but it was probably more like forty minutes. I turned my cloth napkin (cloth napkins? at Dave and Busters?? Who are they trying to impress???) in to a crane. I was tempted to turn Sara's in to one too, cuz she had stepped away for a bathroom break but eh. I chose to wait.

And that concludes my pictures. I was frustrated at myself all day. I kept assuming things. Like, in the morning, we went to the eye doctor, so that Sara and her sister could get eye exams, and I thought, eh, I don't need my purse. WRONG. DUH. I had like, an hour to spend reading bridal magazines. (Seriously, the only people who get eye exams anymore are soon-to-be-brides. At least, that's the impression I got at that place.) I had a book in my purse, and my camera, both of which I could have used to entertain myself. Dang it. Then I brought my camera but left my book in the car at the mall, forgetting there would be times when I'd be sitting there cuz of the trying on moments. I spent most of that time playing with my compact mirror, making spots dance on the wall. (Couldn't use my camera, the dressing room area where I was sitting was full of bras, and I didn't think that was appropriate picture material. lol)

THEN I left my camera in the car when we went to Features in Naperville after D&B. That could have entertained me while Sara and her roomie danced. Dammit. Mind you, we left D&B at around 10pm. Took half the time to get back as it did getting there. Stayed at Features til around 1:30am. Which means, I stood there for two hours, clinging on for dear life, because I was afraid to tip over from sleep exhaustion and pass out. I didn't want to sit for fear I may burst in to tears when it came time to stand again. You know... sometimes I can run on 1 hour of sleep... most of the time I can't. By now I was dying. lol. Plus, I'm having toothache problems again, so that certainly didn't help.

Not to say the day wasn't fun. And Features was too. They have this other bar that connects to Features but I er... forget what it's called, and they were having like, 80's night or something, so they were playing some fun music. Well, it was all 80's except for Wannabe by the Spice Girls, and I honestly have no idea why that one fit in to the category. lol. It was silly though, Mandy and Sara would be dancing, (David sitting nearby) and having fun, then a song would come on, and they'd be like... "huh?" And Sara would turn to me to identify it. I was always able to, and was even able to tell her if she'd eventually recognize it, but I found this silly. I mean, do you need to know all the songs you're dancing to? Do they feel they've failed the 80's by not knowing a song? (*cough* okay, they didn't know Come on Eileen. HOW do you not know that song?!) I was born at the end of '85, and they were born in '86... so by the time we were out of our toddler years, the 80's were gone. I don't know all the songs from that decade, I don't expect them to know all the songs from that decade, and they shouldn't either. lol. The only reason I knew those in particular is because I love 80's music, and listen to it often. They tend to listen to today's rock/pop/alternative... though occasionally will listen to 80's. Eh, oh well. Even though I was tired, and feeling like I was going to pass out any minute, in my mind, I was dancing right along with them. Not. Even. Joking. I was daydreaming that I was dancing and not tired and having fun. ROFL. How sad is that? So yeah, I had fun. hehehe.

Now it's 11pm, and I shall hit the hay because I have to be up by 6am to drop me dad off. The problem? When I got home Friday night/Saturday morning at 2am... I put my keys somewhere and I dunno where. D'oh!! I'll worry about that in the morning though. lol. Good night!

2 comments:

  1. oh man Noxy, how you got through that day on one hour of sleep, i don't know. i had a hard time on 4 hours once, eek! sounds so cute though how in your daydreams you were dancing along with your friends! :)

    and aww i'm sorry that job opportunity didn't work out, i thought how cool it would be, as you had talked about what a great place it is your dad works at, if you could join them and all their sticks your dad made. i hope you'll get another even better opportunity instead!
    ~Annina

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and i forgot to say, your bangs look lovely, and how interesting, that one should cut from iris to iris, that sounds like too little but surely it's right. if i'm cutting myself bangs again i'll remember that!

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy