Friday, April 9, 2010

This week... was a week.... made of awesome.

This week - as said in the title above - was an awesome week. Actually, I think it was just various days that were made of so much awesome that I can safely say this whole week is awesome. I was trying to find an icon in my icons folder that was just... happy... but I gave up and used this one instead. Ha.



New firefox Theme:
New Moon. Hehe haha. Okay, so, I was looking at the directions to make my own theme, and it says stuff like, "can't use images without permission." Soooo... for those of you who read my blog, and happen to own an ED... if sometime in the future, I might actually feel like making an ED themed thinger... (not right now though) might I have permission to use your photos in it?

Next up, my best There friend had texted me the other night, and I was fast asleep. When I woke up, I wasn't sure if he was still awake, so instead I went to his myspace page and made him this:
It's of me and him in There. Heee. Was difficult, because in order to get some of the colors right, you have to layer other colors together. My skintone still isn't right, but I just couldn't get it. Ugh. Still, I'm happy with what I did get. :)


I'm choosing to go a bit out of order, so now I'm on to one of the most awesomest people on the ED Forum, Shane.

I mentioned him a couple posts ago, I drew up a quick pic of Ruby for him to enter in the ED contest. I posted it as though I "quoted" him. Hehe. And as a result, he retaliated by posting as me in this month's ED Photo Project. As a possible "theme" for this month, someone had suggested Robert Downey Jr. because his birthday is April 4th. I seconded that idea, because hey, he's cuuuute. Heee. Ultimately it was turned down, and honestly I'm not surprised - it was a rather silly idea. But since no one had posted their entries yet, Most Awesome Shane posted these:

Heeee. (Robert Downey Jr. is in Ironman - and ROCKED in it!)

I loved the pics, and so was quite happy to find messages from Muy Awesome-o Shane with more pictures he had made for RDJ Day!


Oh my goodness, these could not have made me laugh harder. And as I was telling him, they're perfect for something I'd do! You see, the owner of the ED that Shane was silly enough to turn in to ... er.... Iron/Porcelain woMan? ... mentioned that she had no idea who RDJ was. And someone else said he was in Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes... and I wanted to pitch in the fact that he was on a few episodes of Ally McBeal... ten years ago... rofl. When I thought about that further, I realized it was doubtful that many folks would remember that. And I felt silly for even thinking to suggest it as another place to have seen him.... and yet... here we are... three days later... (he sent these pics to me on RDJ's birthday) so it turns out I'm not the only one who would remember that, So Totally Cool Shane remembers too! Nyah hahahahaaaaa!

That show was pretty cool from what I'd seen, but honestly, the only episodes I saw were the ones with Robert in them, because - even at age 14 - I thought he was adorable. Heee heee heee hahaha. The movie I first remember seeing him was Only You, that starred him and Marissa Tomei. Really cute movie. At least... I think it was... it's been a while since I've seen it, and I can only remember various bits and what the main storyline was about... eh.

Did I mention Uber Super Muy Awesome Shane-o-mac is uber super muy awesome? Oh yeah. Fo' sho. :D

Next up, a couple pictures from a different world. This one is called vSide.

I might have mentioned this world before. I know I have on the ED Forum. My There best friend and I both love this place - though not as much as we loved There. So, anyhoo, this is us at one of his "rooms"... he's not finished with it yet, but basically it's supposed to be an Airship, that floats alongside scattered floating islands that represent There's disintegration. I think it's looking great so far.


I painted my nails. :) It's been a while since I've painted them. I normally don't, but had an urge to paint them orange. And so I did... mostly.
Heee. Pay no mind to the paint on my fingers... I'm not the cleanest when it comes to anything that might involve mess..

So last Friday, or rather, all last week, NCISMusic on twitter was having an easter contest. (uh... yeah, of course I follow NCISMusic... and NCIS and NCIS_LA... so??) They spent a few days giving out hints, that would lead to letters. Then the letters had to be unscrambled to reveal a twitter account. And the first person to find the account, follow it, and tweet a specific reply to it would win! For a while I was going crazy, because the clues gave almost enough letters to spell "plastic egg," but apparently that wasn't right. Then I was certain it was spelling out "Special Agent ____" and even though I technically didn't have all the letters for "Special Agent," I was positive I had that much right. But Special Agent what?! There was another "G" in the letters I had, so I immediately thought Gibbs or McGee. But neither worked, and I was incredibly frustrated, because the more clues they let out, the less of a chance I'd have at being first. Then, in a weird moment, where I seriously thought it completely made sense, I typed in SpecialAgentEgg. And I was right! Better yet, I was first! HOORAY!!! So I totally won. Hahaha hehe hahaha. They said they'd announce the winners on Monday, and yesterday I received my prizes. Weeee! I won:
An NCIS soundtrack t-shirt, (which I am most happily wearing right now) season 6 of NCIS, (technically, my dad already owns this season, but hey, I can keep it should I ever want to own all the seasons myself) and volume 2 of the NCIS soundtrack, that's signed by the cast of NCIS!!! (again, technically, I got this cd for Christmas this year, but my cd isn't autographed. HEeeee) So YAY FOR ME!!!! Friday when I realized I was actually the first to find the twitter account, I was shaking soooo bad, I didn't want to leave my 'puter!

I had to though, because Friday was John Green's "unofficial" Day to Preorder Will Grayson, Will Grayson. So I went to preorder.
Tada!! I had actually taken a picture of this ticket right when I got home... I SWEAR I DID, but I must have deleted it somewhere, and realized such on the way to the actual event, so this picture was taken while the ticket lay nestled as a bookmark in WGWG, sitting in my lap while driving... I'm such a safe driver. "Honestly officer! I was only trying to take a picture of this ticket because I could have sworn I did before, but I didn't... no I couldn't pull over, I needed to get to the event on the ticket!"


So moving on, we'll go back to my last blog post, where I mentioned my mission to watch all the vlogbrothers episodes that weekend. Ha. That was... fail. I watched a few episodes until around... 1am? I think? So that I could go to sleep and wake up nice and early and watch more. Except I didn't. I woke up a couple times, but realized I was incredibly tired. I woke up at 4pm. Dang it.

So I actually had a point in watching all the videos. I needed inspiration. Since I was seeing John Green on Tuesday, I decided I couldn't go empty handed. Nor without some sort of "nerdfighter" gear. But, I was broke, so I couldn't buy a Nerdfighter shirt...
That where this shirt comes in. I've had it for.... 8 years now? ish? lol. I bought it at a thrift store, it was overstocked I think, because it looked new and still had price tags on it. Oh how I loved this shirt. I wore it quite often. And it got quite worn. Then I lost it. Recently I found it again. I considered it fate. I felt it could be revived. And made more awesomer. The pic above is after I already started messing with it. It had a lot more cracks in it. So I was painting the white letters white again. (hence the white paint on my fingers) Then, I added a few things. Four graphics from Nerdfighters.com to be exact.
And because I felt that wasn't quite good enough, I also made matching earrings out of Shrinky Dinks. (which you can totally see in the picture) Heheheee.

The thing was... okay, so I woke up at 4pm Saturday. Watched a year's worth of vlogbrothers... plus a bit more, and don't get done until way after 4am Monday. So I've not slept in 36 hours. Now to start my project. ROFL. It's not like I can just sleep and wait to finish, the next day is Tuesday!!

So I first paint the cracks in the shirt, which takes a LOT of paint, then start on the clay. Oh... right... the "I decided I couldn't go empty handed" bit basically translates to: "I'm making John Green a Kyootee." ROFL. I decided to make him and the four books he has out now. So I've finished the clay stuffs, sketching out the graphics on to the shirt while the clay was baking. Then when the clay is done, I set it aside to dry, and get to painting the graphics, and coloring the ones on the shrinky dink paper. (using colored pencils) Thing is.... I do NOT remember much of the painting. As in... I'll remember saying:

"okay, let's do the skull and crossbones first,"

Next thing I know I'm saying:

"Okay, Hank next,"

while in the back of my mind I'm thinking:

"wait... we already painted the skull thing??"

And that continued through all four graphics. And then I was done with it.

I have no recollection of actually painting. I just know I did. This is how tired I was. Once I finished, I started on the Kyootee. I painted most of the hair, and the first coat on the shirt, when I realized I could not continue comfortably. It was one thing decorating my own shirt while in zombie mode - but this Kyootee was being given to someone. I decide to give in, make and print out the graphics for the back of the thing real quicklike, and sleep. It's 4pm on Monday. Knowing I had just officially gone 48 hrs without sleep, I give myself 13 hours to sleep. I figure 5am gives me plenty of time to finish the Kyootee.

When I wake up, I immediately get to work. I'm almost done with the little John before 830am hits, and I realize the bookstore I've preordered the book at opens in half an hour. It'd be helpful to have the book so I can see it from all angles when painting the little ones. (I also went to the library to re-check out the other three books.)
I was so excited to own my first John Green book. hehe. I began to read it at stoplights. lol.

I got home and eventually finished the little John. Then I realized the back to the Kyootee would require glue, so I went to do that, before I forgot and it would be unable to dry in time. Made a quick breakfast of leftover Easter foods. Then went back up to finish the books... which took a lot longer than I expected.

My original aim was to leave at 4, despite the fact that the event started at 7. I love arriving incredibly early when it's something I'm truly looking forward to. Last year, at Marina's show, (which was exactly a year ago yesterday... oh how time flies) it started at like, 6, and I arrived around... 1:30? ROFL. I waaaaay overestimated the traffic, so I hadn't originally planned on being that early. lol.

By the time I finished, I wasn't too far off my original departure time. It was around 4:30.
I should have taken more pics of the Kyootee... and the books, but yeah... we all know how well I do when I get over excited. I'm just grateful for remembering to snap this pic.

So I drive away, making sure I had everything at least a dozen times. lol. I get to the high school that it's being held at, and this school has like, FIFTY different parking lots!!! My old high school, had... 3? and they're all connected. This was ridiculous! I realized I was in over my head, so I park by the football field, and call the bookstore and asked where I should be parking. The lady who answered told me, and even explained it was the entrance by the tennis courts. So I leave one side, and go to the entrance at the tennis courts... to find it's a buss only parking lot. !!!!!UGH!!!!! I go back to what seems to be Staff Parking, park next to a car, and wait it out. For... 2 minutes. I don't want to call the bookstore again, cuz I already tried that. So I thought I'd try calling the school. I didn't have that number though, so I called 800-free-411. I spent HALF AN HOUR TRYING TO GET THE NUMBER. It used to be on that thing, that if they couldn't understand you, or if they were unable to find it, (it's automated) they'd connect you to a person, who would help. But, apparently, that great idea has fallen by the wayside. And also, apparently, free-411 didn't have this high school in its listings. I was just about to give in and call the normal 411, when the person I parked next to showed up. And she worked there! Hazzah! Surely she shall know where the heck I'm supposed to go. Apparently, I just didn't go far enough. The entrance was on the other side of the tennis courts. Silly me.

So I get there all happyfied, and sit in the car to read. The bookstore told me they wouldn't open the doors til 630, and it was around 545, so I waited. But I noticed folks were wandering in, and not coming back out. So at 6, I went in, cuz it was rather stuffy outside in the car. Much nicer inside. I was soooo excited! Around 6:40, they opened the doors (the doors to the auditorium, not the outside doors.... ooooooooh) and I got right in the middle in the second row. Heeeeeee.
This is the empty stage. LOL.

It was sooo great. Actually seeing the dude I've been watching on Youtube for so long.
And he and David were both quite funny. It was awesome. AWESOME.


And here's when John gets a phone call, and he says it's his brother Hank.



I even caught a bit "on tape." ... on record? Video'ed it? ROFL.



This is a stormtrooper. I was trying to get a good pic of him, but my camera was not being nice.


And he noticed my shirt! Heee. I had planned on recording the short convo I would have with him while he signed my book, and I'm kicking myself now, because I ended up being too stunned to hit record. D'oh. He offered to buy one of my shirts. Ha he haha. And he got a kick out of the Kyootee I made him.
Heeee. Oh! Joy is me! Due to the volume of people, (there were a couple hundred I think) we weren't allowed to take pictures with him, or have him sign anything other than books he wrote. That was sad but eh.


There's my book, newly signed. Heee. I sat in a back corner and read, rather than leaving right away, because I wanted to wait until the last possible moment to go. lol. It was funny, because quite a few "mom" looking ladies were opening their books right after they got off stage, and right about when they got to me, they'd ask their children, "What is DFTBA?" Of course, that's a standard saying in Nerdfighteria, and so the kids would respond with "Don't Forget to be Awesome." And the moms would say "oooooh, that's cute!" The first time I heard it, I smirked. By the fifth time, I was now keeping a tally. 11 moms asked that question. Hee hee haha.

Once the line diminished, I noticed some folk who already got their books signed went back in line. So I followed. I got a picture!
YAY! AND I got him to sign my shirt! Weeee! It is now tacked up on my wall.

I'm afraid to wash it, so mayhaps I shall spray it with febreeze and leave it that way. I was only wearing it for around 5 hours anyhow, right? lol. I don't want my paint job messing up.


So yeah!! That was my awesome week. Hehe hahaha. And ooo! Another bit of awesome?! So my dad asked me a couple weeks ago, "If I bought you some books on UNIX and Windows, would you read them? I might be able to get you a job at my work in another department..." To which I responded "Um... a JOB!? Why YES, I do think I'd read these books if it meant a JOB."

Well, it turns out, another department is being opened, and it requires even less knowledge of UNIX and Windows - you need only to know how to turn a computer on, look things up, and use the telephone. Um... yeah, I can totally do all that. And then from there, once I actually learn UNIX and Windows, I'd have an opportunity to move up. It'd be a full time job, and one of the many best parts, since it's a new job, they're hiring for all shifts. Which, is really good for me. Because then I could get a 3rd shift job, and be able to stay up nights - which I do all the time anyway. The only tricky bit about that would be the fact that my dad and I use the same car. Basically, if I'm thinking rightly, it would require me to pick him up from the train station at around 6, then for him to drop me off at the train station at night. I'd say I could go for the first shift, and I might talk to my dad about what he thinks, but I'm pretty sure my dad works a couple hours off of a normal first shift. He starts a few hours early, and since it's a different department, I might not be able to do the same thing.

But anyway, so the good news is, at the end of this awesome week, I've also been informed that I may have a job available to me soonish. Weeee!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your totally awesome week! Especially on brilliantly winning that contest, and in making very cool clothes and earrings to wear to the author event, and on impressing John Green--you didn't FTBA! And I hope to be congratulating you soon on an awesome new job, as well! That would be so fabulous.

    And BTW, you are welcome to use any pics of Yren that you would like.

    Here's to an awesome Next Week too!
    ~Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy