Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9/9/9

I just had leftover s'ghetti for lunch. It was yummy. And here's Jasper and Alice. Twilight. I love the Twilight books. Alice is my favorite character, and since Jasper is her man, I'm obligated to like Jasper as well. Haha. Though I think I like Emmett better than I like Jasper. Oh well.

The ways I choose pictures for my blog:
1) Taking pictures made for the specific purpose of putting here/pictures I take because I've said I'll take them.
2) Ramblings on the blog requiring me to search my unorganized and random photo files to find what I'm looking for.
3) Pictures taken with the blog in mind, but not publicly blogged about.

Number 3 is a pain. I have a "Blog" folder. I save all pictures, whether it's from 1,2, or 3, in to the Blog folder. (In the case of 2, I'll copy the picture from the original folder and save the copy in the Blog folder.) I then have a subfolder named "older." Once I share a picture from the "Blog" folder, I move it to the "older" folder, so I can keep track of which pictures I've shared and which I haven't. Unless of course I get lazy, stop moving the pictures shared, and postpone the sharing when it comes to number 3. Then I forget which pictures I've shared and which I haven't. Dang it.

So... here's a picture that was taken a little over a week ago.
That's my brother, looking busy at his work. And to the right is my friend Sara. Jimmy works at TCF Bank, and asked me if I had any friends who could open a checking account. Enter Sara. I hadn't visited Jimmy at TCF before, so it was a momentous occasion. lol.

And another picture, done a few days ago, while playing on odosketch:
It's of Ruth's Yren. She's so lovely, and too cute not to try and sketch myself. Word of advice, you want to cramp your hand up nicely? Try sketching this lace pattern as fast as possible. Okay... so I'm not patient at times. My hand paid for it dearly. :(

Okay... I think those are the only pics I haven't shared yet. Unless I already shared them. In that case I apologize. Ha.

On to more recent times. I promised better pics of Rain. So here we go. Lemme repost her before pics first.



And here's some pics of her after:



And some of her rings and nails. You can see the terrible thumb I made her.


And there's her body art. lol



So yay. There's Rain, in hopefully some better pictures than the ones I took on my brother's camera phone.


Onward, the jewelry I mentioned in my last post. I went to Ultra diamonds to visit my friend. I applied for a credit card there, but I didn't get approved. Not surprised, but I did get a $50 gift card and a free gift for trying. That was awesome. I chose earrings as the free gift, and a pretty necklace with my gift card.



Isn't they pretty? They're sterling silver and cubic zirconia, which works for me! Pretty is all that matters. Hehe.

Just a few more pics... of my felting adventures. I started trying to make a little white mouse, but it ended up being bigger than I wanted it to be.


So then I made a little hamster, which was around the right size. And then I made a teddy bear... and then I made a little black mouse.

They're on top of an ED tracing Jinky sent me. I was using it to better compare their sizes.

And here's the teddy bear.

The teddy makes me laugh, cuz his head is way too small for his body. Hehehe... but oh well. I likes him well enough. He shall stay with me. Maybe I'll give him to Linny. He's got seed bead eyes, that were blue but painted black, and an embroidered nose and mouth.

The plan now is to felt one more mouse - a white one in the size I want, then pull the clay out and work on little homes for the three smaller rodents. It's possible the larger white mouserat will be on it's way to a new home soon enough, but I believe it will be going as is. The teddy... I don't think I had much fun in making the individual pieces. Mayhaps I'll try making a teddy out of one piece of wool, see if I like that any better. I didn't stab myself nearly as many times as I feared, and only once was it deep enough to draw blood. So... yay! Haha.

Felting is definitely fun, but may have to become a hobby put on hold. I was only able to afford a small sample pack of felting wool and a starter kit from Hobby Lobby, so I've only got a little bit of wool to play with. When I know I've got limited supplies, my subconscious mind becomes stingy, resulting in me being reluctant over using a large amount of anything for just one project. I nearly died while forcing myself to use over half the light brown on that teddy bear... when I realized his head was too small, my mind would not allow me to add more wool. I might just stick to small rodents until I can afford a more acceptable stash of wool, to shut my brain up.

I'm a bit saddened by the fact that my dad lost his soldering tool. It might have been useful in my makings. Now I'll have to work without it. He has all his tools in one place, so I can't understand why the soldering iron isn't there too. He claims someone must have taken it and never put it back, but none of us were familiar with the thing when we were younger. My mom doesn't even know what it is. I used it once when I was..... 14?

I was fighting with my brother because he almost set fire to the dining room table, grabbed for his shirt collar, and accidentally grabbed his gold chain. (uh... he was a follower back in the day. If kids wore gold chains and pierced their ears, so did he) A link broke and we were both distracted from our fight for long enough to realize we were both in deep trouble. We covered the burn on the table with old mail, (our kitchen table hadn't been used to eat in many months) and wandered down in to the basement, where I used the soldering iron to patch up the necklace. Jimmy stopped wearing it, because I was certain it wouldn't hold, he hid it away and we forgot about it. We ended up lucking out, on both problems. My mom, finally deciding to clean the table a few months later, unearthed the hole in the tablecloth and the burn mark on the table. When she asked where it came from, my response was "oh, that's been there for a long time." She... accepted the response and continued with the cleaning. HA! And a while later, while snooping in my brother's room, she found the chain, which she freaked out about for a while, because she saw that it was broken, and that he had gotten it "professionally fixed." I said nothing, and when my brother came home, he said he'd broken it and tried to fix it, but it didn't work. She took the necklace back, and I think she may still have it. We lucked out. Big time.

You don't understand, my mother has a terrible temper. She wasn't the type of mother who cleaned your cut, stuck a bandage on it, kissed it and said "all better!" She was the type who saw you bleeding, turned on her murderous stare and screamed "How many times have I told you not to get hurt?! YOU'RE GROUNDED! *insert filipino swearing and threatening here*" She was the type of person who could be set off on a violent outburst from the smallest thing.

directed at father: "Why don't you fix that toilet?? You're a MAN, you should be able to fix stuff!"
father responds: "I will when I can afford to get the part I need! I need MONEY to fix it!"
*tone of voice sets mother off*
"I am SICK of your mouth!" *ramble ramble ramble - not all in english - as she chucks the coffee table across the room*
...
So when Jimmy burns a hole in the kitchen table - meaning he was obviously playing with fire - or I break his chain - which was actually her chain because we couldn't afford to get him one for himself - and neither offense triggers a hostile reaction? MAJOR luck. Major.

Where was I? Oh, right, so that's the last time I used that soldering iron. I couldn't use it all that well either. Jimmy's never touched it. But the iron, and the metal used for it is missing. He had multiple metals too. It's all gone. I think he misplaced it, and is trying to blame someone else. It's something he does often. Though most of the time it's simple enough to prove him wrong. Like when he swears up and down that his reading glasses were stolen off his desk, because they were "right there!" And I'll walk over, glance at the desk, stare at him, blink, then point to the glasses sitting on his desk.

Anyhoo... I'm off. To watch NCIS and felt that little mouse. I'm just starting season 3 of NCIS. I found out I'd never seen the last 2 or 3 episodes of season 2. Didn't even know what I was missing. SPOILER ALERT! Season 3 starts Kate being shot, so I always assumed that Kate being shot was at the beginning of Season 3. But no, she was shot at the end of Season 2. Season 3 begins the same way season 2 ends, except it was shot at a different angle.
So here I thought I'd seen all three seasons, when I've missed a few episodes. I wonder what I've missed in season 3. Hmmm.

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, I love long blog posts! And I think this one sets a record--well done!

    -Spaghetti is definitely best the second day.

    -Should I read the Twilight books before seeing the movies? Should I see the movies at all?

    -I like Jimmy’s round desk with the brochures each in a separate section. I wish I had a desk like that—and hint, hint, I wouldn’t keep brochures in those doll-shaped sections!

    -If you like Yren’s lace dress I will make you one just like it for your Enchanted Doll.

    -I love Rain!! Is she your childhood Barbie? If you posted about her before, I will find it. She is happy to have that thumb you made. She looks great.

    -Jewelry gifts: Great deal, and great choices! It is very pretty!

    -Teddy Bear is very sweet and I’ve sent you a pm about the mouse…

    -I might have an extra soldering iron, let me check!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... Twilight is not for everyone. A lot of folks tend to compare Twilight to Harry Potter, in that they're both novels intended for youngin's... but that's really their only similarity. Twilight is written a lot differently. There's a simplicity to it, a bluntness, that HP doesn't have. HP is more intricate, an ever changing web of a story, beautifully written. Someone once told me that HP is literature - Twilight is just entertainment. I suppose I feel the same way. I've read both series atleast four times though, so they both work for me. lol. My boyfriend hasn't read the book, but went to see the movie with me, and he thought it was alright. Not necessary to read the book first, but of course there are things left out. Sorry I'm not much help there. lol.

    Oooo I could just imagine a dolly desk like that! How awesome! They'd be nice and protected, and you'd still be able to see them whenever you want. Hehe.

    Oh and I do think my future ED would ADORE a dress like Yren's! Teehee.

    I have posted a bit about Rain in a previous post, here,
    she is a childhood doll. Single digit age I think. lol. When I repainted her face and fixed her thumb, I gave her a new name. Iraina Floryna Joe. (Iraina pronouced EE RAY NAH) Rain for short. :)

    I'm currently trying super glue for the metal work. I take it to mean that if it does work, it will be delicate, and must be handled as such.

    Ruth! Me and you need like, a forum just for us to talk to each other! ROFL. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your felting attempts are great! Such cute little mice! And I don't mind that the teddies head is too little, it gives him a loved feel... you know when you see someone's childhood teddy they've loved to bits : )

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy