Friday, September 4, 2009

*yawn*

An adorable moment in an adorable movie. Not sure how I found this icon, but there it is.


I got very little sleep last night, because I couldn't get to sleep until near 6am, then woke up early this morning to man the video camera for my brother. The boyfriend was throwing him passes, while Jimmy ran... um... yeah... formations? No idea what they're called. But he wanted to get them on film so he could see what he was doing wrong and improve. He wants to start playing.... arena Football?... rofl... man I suck at this info. lol. But yeah, so he's trying to get in shape to do so. While he was runnin' around, some man came up and handed him a card advertising a gym that specializes in sports - football, baseball, soccer... etc. So when he was all done, we wandered off in search of food, and the gym. That gym was dark. There was one car in the parking lot, all the lights were off... we thought it was closed. But nope, it was open. The dude inside showed us around and told us a little about the place. Turns out they have classes for speed and agility training, and the classes aren't member exclusive, so Jimmy might end up making future visits. In the past, Jimmy was told he needed to work on his speed a little in order to make it in arena football.

Anyhoo... I'm thinking of opening my own etsy store. I have an etsy account, I signed up in March of last year, thinking of eventually buying from an online friend's etsy shop. *cough* here's the shop if you're curious... *cough* I ended up not buying anything, which was sad, but money got tight. I did buy an angel pin from him before though. Still have it somewhere... wish I remembered where I put it. But yeah... where was I? Oh right. I'm wondering if I might be able to sell some little things on etsy. A couple of Kyootees maybe, and some miniature clay whatnots. Instead of making myself some cat and dog with accessories, I'm thinking of making them to sell instead. Which... takes me to my next thought, or rather, challenge...

Needle felting. Ha. Sounds... fun. But... scary. I'm a clumsy person. I can manage to hurt myself somehow or another on anything I mess with. While clay making, I might cut myself with an exacto knife, or when sewing I'll stick myself with a needle. I've sliced my finger open on a milkshake machine while cleaning it, (when I used to work at a cafe) and sliced my finger even the aluminum foil cover on a plastic container of frosting while making a cake! I'm not afraid of cuts, scrapes, bruises, or otherwise though, so they're really nothing when it happens. But, it's still annoying. And usually stings.

And knowing of my clumsiness... I'm going to try taking up a hobby that involves sticking wool a gazillion times with an extremely sharp needle over and over again... while holding the wool... yep... this will be fun. Ya see, I plan on making little animals out of my wool, rather than clay, so I can use the clay for something else. That is... if I'm successful with the felting. My ED Forum buddy, Blue Dot, needle felts, and it had me curious the second I saw her beautiful creations. But it wasn't until today that I really decided I wanted to try.

I'll start simple... planning on making a mouse. If the mouse comes out successful, I may end up making a small habitat for it out of clay and what not, then maybe stick it on etsy. Then I may try a small teddy bear, Blue Dot, made a couple, and they were just so cute, I want to try too!
Picture from her site. Aren't they adorable!? So I wanna try and make a teddy too. Teehee. But first things first - that mouse. Ha.

I went to Hobby Lobby today, and bought some wool, felting needles, and foam. Wish me luck.

I also ended up going to a jewelry store today, and scored some lovely earrings and a necklace. I shall wait until another day to further explain that one though. I want to take pictures of the jewelry to show you, and my dad is currently borrowing my camera. So yeah... two things on my "pictures to take" list... better pictures of Rain, and my jewelry. Ha.

Alright, it's 11pm. And I'm tired. Very tired. Dang it. So I suppose I'll be off. Try to sleep. Even though I wanna start playing with the felting stuff already... and watch another episode of NCIS. I'm somewhere in the middle of season 2 now. lol. NO! Must.... resist....

3 comments:

  1. Noxy, trying your hand at needle-felting sounds like a great idea. Ever since I saw the post on the forum about the miniature needle-felted animals I've wondered about trying to make a kitty or toy rabbit. There are so many millions of things I'd like to do!!

    Also, do it, start up an etsy!! I love the etsy vibe, lots of sweet things and friendly people. Having a "reason" to make things is also very good inspiration to actually fire you up to start making them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to Monika's comment, and please be careful with those felting needles! They are not only sharp, they have little sharp nasty barbs on them too!

    For cloth dolls, you can use the felting needles to apply wool roving for the hair. Do your Kyootees have hair applied that way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, thanks Monika and Ruth! I'm having fun trying to learn this needle felting, and sticking myself less than I expected I would. lol.

    I really do think I'll be starting an etsy shop, I just need to get the move on making things to sell there. Hehe.

    Ruth: My Kyootees are made entirely of clay, with the exception of Marina's, whose Kyootee has a wire and aluminum foil skeleton. Marina's cat was the first time I added yarn to my Kyootees, and it was tricky. I had to brush out the yarn carefully with an eyebrow comb, til it came undone, then cut it in to small groupings, and glue the groupings on little by little. Actually, for the cat I made my friend (the spoiled cat, that has all sorts of toys and food) it was supposed to be made with the same technique, but I failed so miserably at it! I don't think I'll be trying that technique again. lol

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy