Sunday, September 27, 2009

Boring TV Talk and a fake ED.

Ginny. Hehe haha. Okay, all of my friends, and their siblings, and relatives... all seem to have a problem with Ginny. Well, not Ginny, they have a problem with Bonnie Wright. I suppose I am the only person in the world who likes Bonnie as Ginny. I think she's adorable, and really has grown up nicely. But apparently, no one else agrees. I'm also alone in saying I like this Dumbledore. Everyone else has a problem with this Dumbledore (Michael Gambon). They say he's nothing compared to the Dumbledore in the first two movies. Is it really Michael Gambon's fault that Richard Harris passed away? No. And while I loved how Harris seemed to take Dumbledore right out of the book, I don't mind the more... passionate Gambon. I know Dumbledore isn't supposed to get heated. He's supposed to be calm for most of his life. But really, when it comes down to it, I think Gambon plays Dumbledore beautifully. Sure he shows more emotion than Harris, but honestly, when you read the sixth book, could you imagine Harris (the first Dumbledore) sputtering and begging and crying like a baby whilst he drank that liquid?? I know I couldn't. I could, however, picture Gambon doing it. Even though he didn't do much of it in the movie version, I could still picture him doing it if it called for it. Okay... lemme stop with the Potter talk.

Not much to talk about today, and yet here I am. Why? Because I feel like rambling. So forgive me, I'll likely be spending my time talking about.... television shows. Because that's what I've been up to lately - watching tv.

First off, NCIS. I LOVED the premiere. LOVED it. It was just what I'd hoped for. NCIS rocks. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Naturally, I had an urge to quench curiosity, and so I stayed tuned in to watch NCIS LA. *tangent* Now, normally, I don't go for spin offs. When Angel spun off Buffy, I stuck with Buffy. When Stargate Atlantis spun off of Stargate SG1, I stuck with SG1. When CSI became two more shows, I stuck with the fellas in Las Vegas. Now, mind you, in all of these shows, I eventually lost interest in them. Buffy got too ridiculous, SG1 kept killing off my favorite character, (Daniel Jackson... whom I think died four or five times) and CSI... well, I just stopped watching it.

I don't count certain shows as spinoffs, because to me, I never really watched the original. Like The Simpsons spinning off of the Tracey Ullman Show. I don't recall that show.... but I was born in '85, so I don't know if I was old enough to remember it. And Frasier. While I actually have watched Cheers - quite a bit really - I watched reruns of Cheers. I'd seen Frasier first, and never would have realized it was a spin off show had I not seen Frasier on a couple of episodes of Cheers. lol. There are probably others I can't think of right now too.

But anyway. Only one exception to my no-spinoff rule: NCIS. I loved JAG. David James Elliot was just sooo cute. My favorite character was Bud. Hehe. I'm actually dropping hints that my dad should get himself the seasons of JAG. lol. I missed so much of it. So when I found out there was going to be a spin off, I was hesitant. I actually missed the JAG shows that first introduced NCIS in to being. I wonder if I can find them online... bah too difficult. But yeah, so I wasn't certain I wanted to watch it. I gave it a chance though, and fell in love by the end of the first episode. Granted, it may have had a bit more to do with Logan from Dark Angel and Pacey's sister from Dawson's Creek both being on the show... eventually, though, the high I got from seeing familiar faces wore off... and what was left was an awesome show. I'm still in love with it, I happily watched all 6 seasons (and the episodes with commentary and special features) before excitedly watching the 7th season premiere. *end tangent*

Wish I could say I fell in love with NCIS LA like that. While I do like LL Cool J and Chris O'Donnell, I was just a tid bit disappointed. I suppose... I was more than a tid bit disappointed. NCIS LA's introduction episodes on NCIS showed promise. I began to like all the characters from the get go, and I LOVED their headquarters. Two strikes right there. The blonde from those episodes are not in this series. And they move their headquarters to what looks like some flippin' sleazy hotel. What a disappointment. The original place was neat. This place looks like it should be part of a romantic getaway package that you win tickets for on Wheel of Fortune. And I do NOT like how Edna Mode from The Incredibles hopped outta the Disney film, dropped her accent, and climbed on board as Hetty on this show. Her look is entirely too comical for me to take her seriously.


I mean, really? Can't she have like.... smaller glasses? A different hairstyle? WORK with me people! Now, mind you, I'm sure this actress has probably donned this look before, maybe they didn't even need to change her look to look like this, but all *I* can picture is Edna. How can I take this show seriously when all I picture is adorable little Edna Mode scuttling about?!

How indeed. NCIS LA lacks the comedy I love NCIS for. I've realized I like dramedies. Very much so, and LA just isn't cutting it. I don't think I laughed once. Not a smile, not a giggle... nothing. While the show seems to be a lot less... dramatic? as say... CSI. (talking about the las vegas show) It still lacks the laughter. Sure it's a light drama, but dammit, I want a funny drama. And then the plot itself was sort of a downer. NCIS is all about investigating the navy and the marines. This episode had a dead navy dude at the beginning, which lead to a kidnapped child. It felt like they brushed over the navy part of it so quickly I can't even remember the dead dude's involvement. The story itself just didn't feel much like it was navy or marine involved at all. Now, occasionally NCIS has an episode or two like that, but atleast it's funny... and it certainly didn't start out that way with its first episode. I was incredibly disappointed. I had high hopes for this spin off, thought it would make another exception to my no-spinoff rule, but alas, no. I'll give it a couple more episodes. See if I really hate it, or if it grows on me. *shrug*

Ha... hahaha.... I just rambled loooong pointless nonsense... about a show I don't even like right now, and only a handful of sentences for a show I love. Yep, that makes sense. Oh well. Moving on... bored yet? haha

Castle was also awesome. I was so happy to see it, though I thought Beckett made a lousy "sleazy Russian girlfriend". lol. I had been so afraid the show wouldn't be picked up for another season. I'd heard it had been dropped. So I'm incredibly relieved to see it, because it is a dramedy that I LOVE. ("atleast let me know what I can do to make it up to you... I could buy you a pony!")

Dancing with the Stars is always a fun show. I had no problem with who they let go (watched the third episode earlier) and I do have faves. Aaron Carter, Mya, Melissa Joan Hart, Kelly Osbourne... and the Chairman from Iron Chef. LOL. Aaron is probably top of the list, followed by the Chairman.

Other shows I checked out:
Modern Family - a very cute show that I won't mind seeing again. In fact I'd love to catch it again.
Cougar Town - ditto
Glee - not so sure about this one. It had its moments... but I dunno if the few moments it had was enough for me to keep watching.... and I've already seen 4 episodes. How many more can I watch to get in to it? lol.


Enough television talk. Onward. To my friend's kitty. The stupid animal shelter she went to to place the hold on Rio? They told her Saturday that they "forgot" Rio was already on hold for someone else. So when my friend got there, Rio was gone. That just urks me. Really. She spent weeks looking for the right kitty for her. The ones she was interested in were mostly listed as on hold, EXCEPT RIO! And then all of a sudden there WAS a hold on her?! RIDICULOUS. I bet my friend would love to take her business elsewhere, and she just might, but this place is the most... affordable shelter. To adopt from them, no matter the age, nor whether it is a dog or cat, it only costs $90. The other places we wandered to were $125 and up. For a kitten at the one Humane Society we went to, it costs $175. That's almost enough for TWO kittens at the $90 shelter. Craziness. And a shame. So my friend's search for a kitten is still on I guess. Unless she ends up with McNugget. He's a $175 kitten. She had it narrowed down to Rio or McNugget, and chose Rio based on affordability. But, she might end up getting McNugget now that she doesn't have Rio as a choice. I hope she gets him. Because... he has an awesome name. And he's darned cute. Hahaha.


Moving on... so on the ED Forum I frequent, there is an "ED Photo Project". It sounds like fun, and I was bummed because I don't have an ED to participate with. But then I found out I could participate, just so long as I don't post the picture in the forum, and rather just post a link to my picture instead. Hehe. Sooooo I'm using Gemma and participating. Hee hee haha.

I actually just grabbed Gemma, and the stuff I wanted to make my picture. It was tricky, and sad, because I had made the "smoke", (i.e. I boiled a large pot of water for the steam) but it just wasn't showing up in the pictures, so I ended up having to put fake smoke in, and that bothers me cuz I kinda suck at stuff like that. Oh well. Here's the picture I went with:


The blanket she's lying on is actually a rather loud shade of pink. The color didn't work for my picture, but I liked the texture. *shrug* Here's some of the other pics I took:





a

That was fun. And I only slightly burned myself, so all is well. Actually, JUST NOW, I realized... I had this glass table I set Gemma under, so I could better direct the "smoke"... but durrr.... steam fogs up glass. So my solution was to grab the glass part of the table and take it away, leaving the base.... for WHAT!? I spent all this time rearranging the base and trying to work it so it wouldn't leave such a shadow... when I could have just TAKEN THE BASE OUT ALTOGETHER! I am just so smart sometimes it kills me. Ugh. ANYWAY...

Do you like my pretend ED? I felt adding an ED face to Gemma would help with the pretending, since I don't actually have an ED right now to participate. Shhh it makes sense in my mind. At the moment, Noire with gold eyes and black hair is my current dream doll, but that changes often. In fact, I think it's in the process of changing right now. But the changing of my dream doll doesn't happen instantly, it gets worked on in my head for days before changing officially. So it might be a while yet to find out whether my dream doll changes.

I um... can't seem to recall if I've introduced Gemma to you guys in Blog World. She is the second clay doll I made. Actually, if I manage to come back to this here blog tomorrow, I shall introduce her, and my other two clay dolls. Along with my other plans in the far away future about making more clay dolls.

For right now though, I'm tired. And I still have to take a shower yet and head over to the gas station to put air in my tires and apply for a job. Then I can sleep. Ha.

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely right about Ginny--she's perfect! Whenever I read the books now, I picture that actress.

    I'm glad you like doing the ED picture project, because I love seeing what you do! Have you got an idea for the October Costumer Party? That was a great suggestion, Noxy!

    I don't know what NCIS is *blushes* but you sure are right about that Edna Mode character. Pretty direct translation into real life!

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy