Tuesday, May 10, 2011

busy bee

So last we talked, I mentioned being in the middle of finishing a Jayne hat to list on etsy.

I finished that one Friday.

Then, over the weekend, I made three more.
The group of two are pictured as such because a lovely person in the UK ordered two.


And am now in the middle of another.

I also made some mini hats, sort of a keychain/ornament size.



I made them in between the main hat making, as a break from the monotony. Heh. I actually made myself one of these guys a few days ago...


It's hugemongous as a keychain, I know, but eh, I like it. Teehee.

And that's been my weekend. lol. Making hats. Yep. Once I'm finished with this one, I'm taking a break from the Jayne hats, but not from hats altogether.

The plan is to try making a couple of other different hats too. Maybe just one or two though.

I'd also like to try making some knitted stuffed animals.

And some normal stuffed animals. There's been an idea stuck in my head revolving around normal stuffed animals that I'm aching to try. But first I have to find out if I can even make stuffed animals. Ha.

I'm also looking in to recreating the Humpy Hank card. But I'm not entirely sure it would be worth it. I have to calculate the supplies it would take to make it... then crunch some numbers to see if it's even worth it..... if I do recreate it, it might look loads better than what I sent Hank... because now I'm thinking in multiples instead of the just one. I'm thinking of efficient ways to make them... which will make me want to send him another one... lol...

But I'm not... entirely sure... if I want to try mass producing humpy cards.... I mean.. I really don't know if there'd be enough interest in them for me to profit from them... and really don't know how to ask...

Yeah... I might be in over my head. We'll have to see about that...

Basically, the message I'm trying to get through with this post is...

I've been... hesitant... to pursue etsy as a project. Friends and family have all suggested (for years) that I start selling the stuff I make. And I've considered trying in the past. I even posted some things a couple years ago... but was just too... scared... to continue. Been using the "I keep meaning to.. but I forget." excuse.  And Hank's apparently managed to give me the push I apparently needed to actually try. So uh... yay.

Back to that Jayne hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy