Monday, May 2, 2011

What am I doing awake?

Wow. I didn't blog yesterday. That feels... weird. After thirty days straight. Weirdness.

Okay, so, I finished the card. And then I filmed the other half of my video. And then I played Minecraft for hours and hours. And then I edited the whole BenPals video for this Thursday... and nearly cried when I saw it was less than two minutes long total. Really? REALLY?! What evs. A video's a video.

Since I decided to share my card in the video, I have also decided to save the pictures I took until I post my video.

Today I made a hat for Hank. It's a Jayne hat. I can't remember if I've seen him with one before, but I figure if he has one already, he can give this one away to another Browncoat. I even wrote that on the bag I stuck it in. lol.

I am... so tired. I want to try sleeping, but I'm afraid if I sleep now, I might sleep through to the afternoon, and as I've mentioned, I reeeally want to get this package sent out today. The post office opens at 8:30. That's 3 and a half hours from now. I don't think I'll make it. I checked, and it looks like they have a post office service in the Meijer... and it opens at 7. That's two hours away. I might deal with driving five more minutes away just to get this mailed before I go to sleep. My only conflict with it is that I've never used that Post Office before. And that makes me a bit uneasy. I like the Post Office by me. Guess I'll have to suck it up though. Unless I think I can make it that extra time. lol. I dunno. Geeze.

I feel.... like I had started this entry with something else to write about... but er.. now I've gone and forgotten.

I uh... cut myself some bangs? Even though I swore I'd never ever want them again. After I finished the card Saturday night, I decided I should give my hair a trim, and ended up with some bangs/fringe. lol. Didn't think too much about it, just cut them. They turned out alright. They're like, side bangs. They don't seem to bother me too much. We'll see how long that lasts, cuz heaven knows my patience died a horrible death pretty damn quickly last time.

Alright. So er... I'm done. Yeah. I might try making a hat or something to occupy my time. That takes a few hours. Hmm. Mayhaps. Mayhaps.



[EDIT 7:51am] So here I am, still up. But alas, no package. I went to Meijer, and mailed it there. Except the lady at the register was no help, and didn't seem like she knew much when it came to the Post Office service, and I ended up sending it media mail.  I asked her when it would likely get there, and she said she didn't know.

She'd asked at first if I wanted to send it Media Mail, or 5-day shipping, and I said I had no idea what the difference was. So she chose for me.  I didn't even know what she chose until I got the receipt.

Had I not been so incredibly sleepy, I might have questioned Media Mail to begin with. I would have thought to myself "OY! DUMBASS! YOU'RE NOT SENDING MEDIA! WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU EVEN CONSIDER THAT AN OPTION?!!1?"

But alas, it took me until I got home to look it up. And to realize I shouldn't have sent it Media Mail. Here's hoping the USPS trusts that I actually am sending media, and that they don't bother popping the package open for inspection. (according to their site, sending as Media mail means I've given them consent to search the package.)

Also, the whole experience bothered me. Mainly because she only gave me two options. 5-day or Media Mail. (Which I learned for my case, also takes 5-day) When I checked the usps site, they had a TON of options, including an option that was only a dollar more expensive and would get there in two days. I guess it's limited at a "service" area and not an official post office.

What I learned from this experience? If I end up getting a "return to sender - this isn't media mail, dumbass", I'll be going to a REAL fucking post office to send it correctly. Here's hoping it won't take too long for them to return the package to me. If they send it back. No wait, yeah, here's hoping they don't even check it and it makes it through. Yeah. YEAH. Now I'm thinking clearly. Oh wait, no, false alarm. I'm going to sleep dammit.

I should have just waited. It's almost 8:30 now anyway. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy