Tuesday, March 12, 2013

EOS Lip Balm

BEHOLD:





This....


This is a product I cannot use. And it drives me insane. EOS Lip Balm came out quite a few years ago. I saw these things when they first came out, and immediately had to get one.  It was so round and adorable! I couldn't help it. I loved the shape. I got "summer fruit".



 I most often use lip balms at night before bed because when I wake is when my lips are dry and easily end up cracking or chapped. After the first night of using my new balm, my lips felt a bit weird. By day two they felt funny, almost like they were gritty, but only when I felt them lip to lip - if I touched them with my fingers, they felt fine. I didn't think too much of it. It was almost two weeks before I realized my lips were reacting badly to the lip balm. By then, the "grittiness" had gotten worse, and my lips always felt warm. I started noticing tiny, visible bumps - that's when it clicked that I might be allergic to it or something.


 I was saddened by that realization. I know I probably should have caught on sooner, but, in my defense, I've never had a bad reaction to anything before. So I stopped using the EOS ball, and switched to Vaseline lip care.

 A few months later, the popularity of the EOS ball had grown to where they had many different scents, so I grabbed another one and gave it another try. I mean, hey! Mayhaps it was just a rogue batch of lip balm the last time?



 But no, I ended up with the same bad reaction from the new ball that I got from the old one, I just caught on sooner. Oh, the disappointment. To this day, I still stare at those cute balms and wish I could use them. Sometimes I even think to myself that maybe this time I won't get the same reaction that I got the last two times.

 I haven't tried again though. It's maddening, especially when I watch a Youtube beauty guru and see them using those balms all the time, and they'll even recommend them for us subscribers to use at home. I see them QUITE a lot as Youtube or other ads (I even saved the one above just today) just beckoning me to try them again.  I can't, random nameless Youtube guru/random advertisement - I'm allergic to the all-natural EOS lip balm. Sigh.

I still have the Honeydew Melon balm, despite never being able to use it ever again. It's just so cute and so unused that I can't bear to throw it out. I think I did throw out the summer fruit one, but this melon one is still here, even though I bought it years ago. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Irene Sanchez3/19/13, 11:36 PM

    EOS is the worst. Total gimmick! Have you tried Buddha Balm? Really the best and most tasty out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not tried Buddha Balm, I shall have to go looking for it some time! Thanks!

      Delete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy