Monday, March 11, 2013

One Year [Image heavy]

Just a post about Saturday. That was mine and my guy's one year anniversary.  I woke up in the morning and hopped in the shower, and he left. When he came back, he brought a whole bunch of stuff with him - all gifts for me.  :) So here's a bunch of pics of what he got me...


 This was the pic I uploaded to instagram, and twitter, and facebook. lol. :)


Another pic, just taken with my camera rather than my phone.




A cute balloon.




 The next couple things are from Costco.  He had originally gone there in hopes of finding a giant teddy bear, but was unsuccessful in his search. So instead he got these yummy European Cookies and the chocolates right below.
I made sure to try at least one of each of these cookies by now. And most of them are quite tasty. In fact, there are only two I don't like - that crescent-like cookie in the second row, and the one to the left of the white cookie in the corner. Other than that, I enjoys them. :D

 This one here I'd actually been eyeing during a previous Costco trip. The packaging just looked so pretty and hey, who's not a fan of chocolate? I've tried three so far...
...the second one from the left on top - which is this delicious milk chocolate with lime cream... when I first bit in to it I was expecting mint, so my mind was like "NO! THIS IS WRONG!" When it then changed it's mind and said something more like "...oooo." It's not a consistency I'm used to tasting in chocolate centers either, it's creamy, but fluffy, almost whipped, but not too airy... yeah, I like that one.
 I also tried the second one down from the top left - that's a dark chocolate with raspberry cream. It's fairly basic. And then I tried the third one from the left on the second row from the top - which is dark chocolate with a dark chocolate cream. Ya know... I'm not too fond a fan of dark chocolate... so I don't know why I'm so attracted to the dark ones. This last one was so rich and dark I think I'm done sampling the chocolates for now. lol. Probably a good thing!

 He also got me some Ferrero. I love the Ferrero Rocher and the Ferrero Garden. Not so much a fan of the Ferrero Rondnoir - mainly because it's dark chocolate, but they're still good. I've been sharing these. :)



Since he couldn't find a teddy, he felt he should have a stuffed something in the gifts, so this little guy joined in. I um... I think it's a... monkey? Gorilla maybe? Gorilla ball? Goriballa? 'shrug

This was part of a collection I'd been eyeing as well, it's a cardboard, book-shaped jewelry box. I love the look of these French-y type thingers. I actually want to get another jewelry box and possibly French-ify it myself, because they had another jewelry box looking dealy there, but since they're a sturdy cardboard, the shelf in it didn't seem to hold as well as it should have.

Isn't it lovely? I think I might actually use this to hold makeup. I have a vanity built in to my room, but since I hadn't done much with makeup, I saw no use for it, so I threw some shelves up in it and it's basically a random storage... but now that I've been using and enjoying makeup, I'm thinking of clearing it out and using it as it's supposed to be used. And this box makes me want to theme my storage for my makeup. French-y pink. lol.  I actually wandered over to Michael's in search of french-y pink looking scrapbook paper, but couldn't find much in pink. I might have to check Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's. That's going to be fun.



Inside
 of the book box was three pieces of jewelry. This first one is a plain, sterling silver chain. I had mentioned a while back that I needed to get my hands on a thinner, longer chain for my quarter. Do you remember my quarter? Here's a pic of it...
That's the chain it used to be on too - it was quite thick and short and felt too much like it was choking me. This new chain is the same style, just thinner and longer. Here's a pic of the quarter on the new chain...



The next two pieces are flippin' adorable. We had wandered around a store a week ago or so and he asked if any of the jewelry caught my eye. I pointed to the turtle necklace. It's just so cute and I love green.
The green on the shell is like, enamel or something, with some little green stones thrown in.

And then the earrings. I hadn't pointed to any earrings because my ears are really sensitive. They'll bleed with anything that's not real. That doesn't stop me from wearing fake earrings, but I'll basically only wear earrings once in a while - like if we're going out to 80's night at the club, I might wear my Care Bear earrings, or St. Patrick's Day I have earrings I like to wear. At my brother's wedding I wore studs. Etc.

Anyhoo, I didn't point to any earrings because it's been almost 20 years since I've had real earrings, and I was no longer so sure about whether "real or fake" was still the case - and I didn't want money wasted on real earrings that I couldn't wear.

 He had noticed that I don't wear earrings often, and asked why, so I explained all this to him. And he took a chance and got me these cute turtle earrings. I wore them all weekend without any pain or bleeding from my ears. Haha.




Finally the flowers. He got me roses and some spiffy looking multicolored flowers. I haven't a clue what kind of flower.... hang on... okay... upon some research, I have a guess that they're Chrysanthemums.
They're so bright and colorful! I feel like they're just screaming "We're noxy in flower form!!"  lol.



 Aside from calla lilies, which are my favorite flower, I'm also a fan of the rose.


 I like this picture and the next one, even though they're slightly out of focus. It almost looks like I threw an intentional filter over it in editing to look like these. But no, I was just having difficulty taking pics. lol. I was taking them in a partially lit kitchen as quickly as possible, because we were on our way out to breakfast. Haha.


These pics came out lovely. Used the flash for them. I love how velvety rose petals look.



So that was my haul from my Lovely on our one year.  Then I took a few pics of us.






He's not a big fan of pictures. But I warned him I'd snap a few. lol.





After I investigated and took pictures of all the presents, we went out to breakfast, then came back to watch some Doctor Who (We're re-watching doctors 9-11) before leaving again to see a movie. We had originally planned on seeing Oz The Great and Powerful, but the darned thing was sold out, so we saw 21 & Over instead. It was pretty entertaining. I recognized the actor who played Eric from Twilight. lol. My guy actually thought he played Derick from Vampires Suck, which was the character spoof of Eric... so he was close kind of. lol.

After the movie, we headed over to Cracker Barrel. Our closest Cracker Barrel is a bitch to find. The address claims it's on one street, but you actually have to turn down a side street and drive a bit before finding it, and even then we might have passed right by it had I not seen a small sign advertising bus parking with the Cracker Barrel logo on it. The darned restaurant should have a sign advertising it on the back of it's restaurant too, because that's how you drive up to it. (It's facing the freeway)

Anyhoo, I'd never been to Cracker Barrel before, so I was excited to check it out. We wandered the shop first because I'm a big fan of wandering random gift shops. So much of the food sounded good, I even took a pic of a piece of cake on an ad on our table. lol.
 I wasn't so sure about it though, I've never been fond of chocolate cake. lol.

 This was my dinner. I had the steak with hashbrown something-or-other and two sides of mashed potatoes. Thinking on it now, I should have chosen some veggies instead of three potatoes, because it was kind of filling, and I sure didn't finish all of it. lol.


On our way out we grabbed a couple bits of candy. 8 candy sticks, four for me and four for him...
He got Cotton Candy, Banana, Tutti Frutti, and Bubblegum, and I got Horehound, Butter Rum, Peaches and Cream, and Passion Fruit. I only got horehound out of curiosity, I'd never seen it before. I gotta say, it's not for me. It's so bad. Blech. lol. But I know I like the other flavors, so that's a yay.

 We also picked up some Maple Syrup candy, because I'd heard it was yummy, but never tried it before.
Seriously in love with this stuff. It's too sweet to have more than one piece at a time, but that just means it will last longer. It's delicious. Ha. :)



So that was our night. When we got home, we watched a bit more DrW before hitting the hay. It was a lovely day with My Lovely.


Sunday we wandered over to Popeye's for lunch before another movie. Have I mentioned I love chicken? If I were to list my top favorite things to eat, chicken would consist of the majority of that list. In fact, here, I mention my favorite foods via a contest entry...

Assuming I could actually eat every thing... but then again, it IS the last day on earth, I'd damn well better eat everything.

It would start with the seafood course - some sushi, bacon wrapped scallops, crab legs, seafood salad and crab rangoons.

Moving on to the chicken course, we'd have a delectable array of purdue honey wings from Jewel, bourbon chicken, teriyaki chicken wings from the Old Country Buffet, fried chicken from popeyes, my own baked chicken, and roast chicken from meijer. (All very yummy chickens, and listed in order of most favoritest to still effin' awesome) 

And then we'd have the main course, which would consist of a great steak, delicious mashed potatoes with sweet corn mixed in, my mother's Lumpia (it's a Filipino dish) and King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread.

And then the dessert course. Rice pudding, Oh's Cereal, (with a bit of milk thrown in - hey, it's the end of the world, no need to worry about lactose intolerance) apple pie a la mode, pumpkin pie with whipped cream, and fortune cookies. Do NOT forget fortune cookies.

There we go. A perfectly balanced four-course meal. 



So, what I'm saying is, Popeye's was delicious. lol.

Before lunch we stopped at the movie theater to pick up tickets to Oz, that way we wouldn't get stuck with it being sold out again. And then we headed over early, and it was still pretty packed.

Oz was alright. I've seen The Wizard of Oz and I've read Wicked and now I've seen this movie... eh. My main issue with the movie - and this was a huge issue for me - was the costume and makeup design. I'm kind of glad that that's my main issue, because that means there aren't spoilers in my complaints. Ha. Rant to follow....

 Yeah, the costumes. I had a problem with all three witch costumes. Theodora's red hat closeup looked badly made, and the bad witches are in so much black you can hardly even see the designs really. They might as well have thrown them in plain black dresses. Why not throw a bit more color or pouf in there? Do all the dresses have to be skin tight? Oh but of course - cleavage.  And Glinda. At one point, she has a dress on that has a plain, white skirt, with sleeves covered in sequins and a bodice covered in feathers. ( I believe this dress is what she wears in the promos, but I hadn't taken much notice until I saw it on the big screen)  Feathers and sequins. I felt like if the skirt was a bit shorter, it could have fit right in at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. When I imagine characters of Oz, I imagine whimsy, yes - and yes! Possibly even sequins and feathers... but not the way they were done on this dress. I hated this dress. And I was disappointed in the other witch outfits too.

And then the makeup design... The Winkies design was awful in my opinion. I don't know if the makeup on their face was supposed to be their skin color or if they were all just dirty.

My disappointment in makeup/makeup effect design is geared mainly towards the green witch. They put some prosthetic pieces on her face. I expected the nose and probably the chin, but they added a massive, manly jawline too. She essentially looks like a drag queen dressed as Elphaba, it's so distracting. Oh but no! She's not a drag queen, they make it quite clear with all the cleavage she has.  Seriously, every... single... time she's on screen, I was reminded of the villain from Jim Carrey's The Mask.

All she needed were a couple of more prominent cheekbones and she could have passed for his feminine younger brother.

I used to watch the show Face Off (Face Off is a competition/elimination series exploring the world of special-effects make-up artists and the unlimited imagination which allows them to create amazing works of living art.)
and I could just see the judges just laying in to the person who chose to make the green witch this way. They would have been on the list of the worst designs of the day. That jaw is awful looking and not needed.

I must stop ranting. Stooooop. Okay. So I did enjoy one character immensely... the little China Girl. Absolutely no problems with the little China Girl. I loved her. I actually want to go out today and see if I can find her as a toy at the store. Might pick her up some time. :)

Alright, this post ended up being waaay longer than I expected. I must wander away now. Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy