Thursday, March 28, 2013

White Chocolate Cranberry Scones recipe!

So, as I said in my previous post, today is my guy's birthday. I had planned on making him a cake last night and scones this morning, but I let it slip before I did, and he suggested I wait on the cake. Reason being, he's planning on inviting some friends over during the weekend, so it might be a better idea to make the cake tomorrow, so people will be around to help eat it. Haha. Good plan

But I still made the scones this morning! He had to go to Chicago for class today, so he took a bunch with him.

This is the third time I've made these scones, and they're soooo good I thought I'd share the recipe here!

Some time last year when Stumble Upon's phone app still worked nicely, (I dunno if it works well now, but it stopped being nice months ago, so I just uninstalled it.) I stumbled upon this recipe which sounded great!

The person who wrote the recipe goofed on a few things, i.e. claimed the recipe was for 6 scones that are 1/2 inch big when it's no where near 6 that it makes and 1/2 inch??? No. Then they didn't even mention the white chocolate chips in the instructions, plus a small mistake that turns 425F to 425C.

ANYHOO... I thought I'd just rewrite the recipe myself.



White Chocolate Cranberry Scones
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats (not instant)
  • 1/4  cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cups dried cranberries* 
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips*
  • 1 egg (slightly beaten)
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
  • 1/3 cup milk

*For the cranberries and white chocolate chips, I personally just use a whole package of each, which, at my store, translates to 1 cup cranberries, and 1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips. The only difference in the extra ingredients is that it gets tricky to keep all the cranberries and chips stuck to the dough, because there's a bit more, and also, it's a bit sweeter from the chips.




noxy's Instructions
Preheat over to 425F.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Stir together the first five ingredients (the dry ingredients) in a large mixing bowl.
Mix the egg, butter, and milk in a separate smaller bowl.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
Stir until just moistened.
Mix in cranberries and white chocolate chips.
Scoop 1 1/2 - 3 inch balls of dough and place on baking sheet about 1/2 inch apart.
Bake 12-15 minutes, until light brown.
Let cool or eat right away.
MAKES ABOUT 30 TWO INCH SCONES

I enjoy them cool of course, but I usually take one or two, pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to warm them up, and then eat them. Oh they're so good.



I took pictures too! Here we go...

Mix dry ingredients



Mix wet ingredients

Combine all ingredients

Place on aluminum foil and bake

All done!!

DELICOUS!!




Woot! My guy took half of them with him to Chicago to share. Hee. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy