Saturday, August 7, 2010

6/22-6/28 Randomness

It's Snape. lol. 'nuff said.






Previous posts:
Planning on Catching Up
Visiting My Old Teacher
Playing with Glue
A Book I Read
Jamboree and Failed Meeting

Another noxyism. Hmmm....



The Calla lilies came back! I'm always happy to see them, as they are my favorite flower. They come every summer, and... was it last summer maybe? A white calla lily bush joined the yellow ones - those are my favorite of the colors. Hee.

These guys last a long time in the vase.

The last one (the largest yellow one) lasted over a month. Craziness.



So I like the show Castle. And so I occasionally hop on a Castle fansite chatroom. A couple months ago they were celebrating an anniversary - the one year anniversary of Castle maybe? And I won a bumper sticker in one of the trivia games.
There it is! Hee hee haha. It's lovely. I didn't want to actually stick it on to this monitor, because I'd like to hope that I'll get a new monitor that's much smaller bulk-wise in the future. So I duct taped it there. And it's fine now, but when I first did it, (back when this picture was taken) I would constantly have to push down on it, or put it back. This was one of the weeks we were without A/C, and I guess duct tape doesn't like heat very well. As in, it chooses not to stick in the heat. So the sticker kept falling off. Like I said though, now that the A/C works and we aren't dying of heat exhaustion, neither is the duct tape. :)


So during the May ED Forum celebration, one of the contests was to draw or photograph a fairy tale/ED inspired picture. Here's my entry:
I'm not sure how the idea came to me, but it was supposed to be Beauty and the Beast. But then, in my pic, Beauty and the Beast are one. So eh. It didn't turn exactly how I wanted, but my drawings never do. lol. I ended up winning via a tie with the lovely astera. We each won one little crystal chihuahua phone trinket. They're adorable! I got a green one and astera got a pink one. Perfect really, because now I have something to name Pickles. Ha.

Here's some pics of Linny with Pickles.



She's sitting on a cow print cardboard box I took from Aldi. lol. For those without an Aldi, it's a grocery store that sells mainly its own generic foods for very affordable prices. You can take boxes from Aldi, many people do as a cheaper alternative to paying for their grocery bags. (Aldi charges 20 cents or so per bag - it's encouraged to reuse bags and boxes.) And I saw this cow print box housing cheeze whiz and was like "OOOOOO!!!!" I grabbed the box and dumped the whiz. (There was only one can left in it anyhow.) My dad happened to be with me during this discovery (for the last few months I've done the grocery shopping alone, but my dad used to do it before he got too tired to.) and felt bad for taking a box that held an item we weren't buying... so he bought some cheese whiz. It was... hilarious. Because I feel bad for random crap like that too. He must be who I got it from. lol.

ANyhoo, behind Linny is a poster. This was when my room was still a disaster area, so I had to hide said area. I grabbed the closest thing to a backdrop - a poster I won sometime last year.


I'd also like to share this fortune from a fortune cookie:
..... really? really? I understand fortune cookies don't always have fortunes in it, but really?? *sigh*



Finally, back in May, Robin Wasserman (a young adult author) held a contest. Her Seven Deadly Sins books were being turned in to a made-for-TV-movie, so she spent the week before the premiere holding contests. Each day for seven days, she asked one question relating to each sin. Then she chose a winner. The winner won a signed book of their choice.

I entered every day, but was noticing the winners didn't seem like "random selections", but rather folks who thought deeply about their answers, so finally, on day 6, I gave a carefully thought out answer... and won! Ha!

Here's the question:
"Question #6 (in honor of Book #6, Gluttony): You have one day left before the end of the world/zombie apocalypse -- tell me about your last meal on earth. And make it tasty."

And here's the part of the next day's journal that said I won:

"Today's winner, [info]nizniz clearly put some serious thought into her last meal:
Assuming I could actually eat every thing... but then again, it IS the last day on earth, I'd damn well better eat everything.

It would start with the seafood course - some sushi, bacon wrapped scallops, crab legs, seafood salad and crab rangoons.

Moving on to the chicken course, we'd have a delectable array of purdue honey wings from Jewel, bourbon chicken, teriyaki chicken wings from the Old Country Buffet, fried chicken from popeyes, my own baked chicken, and roast chicken from meijer. (All very yummy chickens, and listed in order of most favoritest to still effin' awesome)

And then we'd have the main course, which would consist of a great steak, delicious mashed potatoes with sweet corn mixed in, my mother's Lumpia (it's a Filipino dish) and King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread.

And then the dessert course. Rice pudding, Oh's Cereal, (with a bit of milk thrown in - hey, it's the end of the world, no need to worry about lactose intolerance) apple pie a la mode, pumpkin pie with whipped cream, and fortune cookies. Do NOT forget fortune cookies.

There we go. A perfectly balanced four-course meal.


Now that's impressive. "


Yay me! I asked for Sloth, the... fifth book in the series. I think it's my favorite one. And naturally, I asked for it to be signed to noxy, even though my live journal name is nizniz. lol.
And there it is! I received it over a month later. My second autographed book ever. Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy