Wednesday, August 11, 2010

7/27 Game Cube and N64

Alice rocks in Twilight. Definitely my favorite character. hee.











Previous posts:
Planning on Catching Up
Visiting My Old Teacher
Playing with Glue
A Book I Read
Jamboree and Failed Meeting
Randomness
A Bird Bath Project
A Clean Room
Sled Run


My brother wanders in my room more often... now that it's clean and has enough room for more than one person to move around at a time. lol. He moved his tv and playstation 3 to a friend's house, trying to remove distractions. So naturally, he wandered in to my room to play my Game Cube. I used to have an Xbox 360, but I sold it. Didn't play it much anyway. But yeah, so he chose Mario Party 7, and I decided to play too. It was so fun! I'd forgotten how much I loved playing Mario Party. I think I remember always wanting Mario party 5, but I can't remember why anymore. I won the game too! Hahaha. I think my brother didn't like that too much though, cuz he suggested we go find Mario Party 2, for my N64. He didn't realize I still had my N64. I just never had it hooked up because I didn't know how to hook it up. When I moved the Game Cube, VCR, and cable box to the other side of the room, I left everything hooked up to everything. Just unplugged from the wall, and carried it all over at once. lol.

So Jimmy hooked up the N64, and we started playing Mario Party 2. Again, it was crazy fun! We played this one more times than we played 7, and Jimmy won every time. It was hilarious, because Jimmy kept picking one of the computer characters as his arch nemesis. First it was Luigi, then Mario, then Peach. He'd say things like "No, don't land on my spot Peach. I don't want to be your friend." And the way he said it just sounded so... creepy. lol.

There's mean old Koopa dude.

And there's wizard Donkey Kong! (aka Jimmy... quite possibly another reason he likes 2 better than 7 - Donkey Kong is no longer a playable character in 7)


GO DK!!!



It says "YOU ARE THE SUPERSTAR!" (I was Yoshi. I'm always Yoshi. He's just so cute.)


There was one problem though. We were playing a mini game called "Mecha Marathon". It required you to tap the A and B buttons simultaneously as fast as you could for the allotted amount of time. Jimmy and I remember: I set the record in that one. But we played it like, four times and every time I couldn't get near the record. And what's worse - the computers kept beating us! So I chose another method to hit the buttons. I used my middle finger, between the knuckles. It hurt, but I wouldn't let up. And I beat my record!!! WOOT! Mission accomplished!!! I found the way to play!!! ...Or did I?


WARNING, the following pictures aren't very pretty. They are also not all taken in July. I've been taking progress pics every day since.

Okay, this pic isn't too bad. I got the idea to take the picture after I bandaged it. I skinned my finger. It hurt. Like crazy. This was taken on July 27th.


July 28th. I make sure to re bandage it every day. And I used neosporin on it.


Closeup on July 29th. My nail looks terrible in this pic. When I finally cleaned, I had long nails, and one ripped waay below the quick. It hurt sooo bad, but didn't rip all the way off, so I cut my nails and hoped that it wouldn't get any worse. Now the rip's caught up to the quick, it hurts all over again.


July 30th. Now it itches like crazy. I'd much rather it itch than hurt though, so I'm good.



July 31st. Still itching, but not as much as my itch to stop bandaging it! I hate bandages.


August 1st. Looks like the skins regrown - time to leave it out in the open. No more bandages for me!! WEEE


August 2nd. No change.


August 3rd. Now that I'm no longer bandaging it, soap and water gets to it whenever I wash my hands or take a shower... I think that's a good thing though, right?


August 4th. Yeah I think it looks just fine.


August 5th. The skin's beginning to feel tight. I think it's all the soap and water.



August 6th. I think it's getting redder... and it itches still...



August 7th. Yeah... no dice. While sleeping I must have stretched the skin too much. Can't see it all to well, but it's split a tiny bit. That's what I get for forgoing bandages. It's bandaged up again, else it will never heal, and I will go insane.



August 8th. Hi! I'm noxy's finger! I refuse to heal because noxy is a moron! My goal in life is to itch and hurt for all eternity! Isn't that fun?!



It is NOT looking good here. You can't really tell from the pic, but it seems to be getting all... blistery. Sort of like I burned it. But I didn't burn it, I skinned it. Does anyone know if that's the same difference?? (it looks wet because I just washed it.)



August 10th. Sorry, a bandaged photo today, I ran out of normal bandages... guess Lightning McQueen will have to do.

3 comments:

  1. ouch poor finger, that is some wound! hmm i tried to imagine how that looked when you played the game and i imagine is as a fast rubbing on the button so that this part of the finger got skinned? because if so, subbing could be as if you get a burn, so maybe your wound is a half skinned half burned wound.

    not sure though. i hope it finally heals for you, and if you get a scar, you can call it mario party 2 scar, that could be cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same sores on my fingers. Did yours ever heal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did heal, indeed. I can't even see a scar. :)

      Delete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy