Tuesday, August 10, 2010

7/24-7/28 Sled Run!

Tribbles! Heeeee. I remember I used to have this catz/dogz program. Actually, I still have a version of it, but not the version I was thinking of. People used to have Catz/Dogz websites where they put various petz up for adoption/download. They had either changed the coding to make a certain type of cat/dog or bred them to look that way. One site had Tribblez. They were little white catz with no legs/ears/tails. They were adorable. lol.



noxyism. Just the other day I was actually talking to a friend. One of my There friends. Apparently she chose a "phone day" for all of her old There friends. It was... odd. Talking on the phone. lol. I don't use my phone very often, and when I do, it's normally to text.







Previous posts:
Planning on Catching Up
Visiting My Old Teacher
Playing with Glue
A Book I Read
Jamboree and Failed Meeting
Randomness
A Bird Bath Project
A Clean Room






So one day, my brother comes up and says "I need help." ...Okay... on what? "To make a sled." Excuse me?? "You know, a football sled." ....*blinks* He searches it on Yahoo so that he can show me. He wants one and figures he can make it out of wood. Simple enough. So I go with him down to the basement and we brainstorm on making it. We start it, but power tools are loud and it was late, so we didn't want anyone waking up. Two days later, we continue. And it's going fairly well... until our 8th grade woodshop skill level gets stuck. We need to drill holes that are bigger than the drill. So now what?

We get my dad. Who then helps. My role as brainstormer and holder-of-the-wood-while-Jimmy-cuts gets demoted to brainstormer and bosser-arounder. I'm now sitting on the sidelines, watching as my brother and my dad finish the sled. So I grabbed my camera. :)


See that blue chair between my dad and Jimmy? It has a Cars blanket on it. That's where I sat. lol.

The finished product! Or... is it? DUN DUN DUN. Okay, so yeah, it's finished, my brother just wanted to paint it.


There it is painted. I happened to have red spray paint. It was acquired during one of my ... not-so-bright moments. I needed red poster board. So, I bought white poster board and red spray paint. ...yeah... I was cursing how terrible the spray painted poster board looked when I realized (DUH) they sell red posterboard. Oy. So yeah. At least the spray paint was used eventually. lol.

He was so excited to test it out!


It seemed to work fairly well when walking...

ROFL... I was trying to take a pic when he ran by, but he was too quick, so all I caught was his sled.

There he is, running. Again, I wanted to catch him closer, but was unable to. And I didn't want to ask him to run again, because I was standing outside for all of three minutes and already got four mosquito bites. I wanted back in, QUICK.

Once we sat down again, Jimmy decided his sled needed a name. Since he'd used The Flash's icon on it, I suggest Snail, Sloth, or Slug. (Naturally)
He chose Slug. Heh heh.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha that's hilarious, the slug, i love that!
    you guys are so handy, you do everything, that's so cool!

    ok i'm done, let's see if this comment works, til next time <3
    ~Annina

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaaay i can comment on your blog again, lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy