Monday, August 9, 2010

7/23 A Clean Room!!

HTTYD again. Such a cute movie. I wanted to immediately run out and get a movie poster, but Toothless looks weird in it, so I decided against it. :(

It's 8/9/10 today! Ha hee haha.




noxyism! Hee hee, these are so cute.




Previous posts:
Planning on Catching Up
Visiting My Old Teacher
Playing with Glue
A Book I Read
Jamboree and Failed Meeting
Randomness
A Bird Bath Project





I changed my background again!
The A-Team! Woot! Okay, when I heard they were making an A-Team movie, I was like "uh... yeah...." I was highly skeptical. I heard Bradley Cooper was in it, and Jessica Biel, but that's all I'd heard. And I was curious as to who would play Murdock. He was my favorite character. I just safely assumed Bradley would be playing the cute one, and didn't much care who Jessica Biel played. I liked the show. For those who are unfamiliar with the show or the movie...

On the show it's four military dudes- the old guy who plans everything, the cute one, the crazy one, and Mr T. They're an amazing military unit, but get unfairly framed for something and are sent to prison. They escape, and the entire show is just them helping towns and people folk, all while trying to avoid the cops. (since they're wanted fugitives for escaping) AND they do it in this big black van with a bright red stripe all around it... so totally inconspicuous. And their plans to help folks are usually incredibly far fetched and ridiculous. lol.

In the movie, it's all the same, except it's set before they start helping other folk, (they has to help themselves first!) they kill off the big stupid van at the beginning, (just a tiny spoiler, sorry!) and the stunts are bigger and more ridiculous. It's fun! Hee.


Yeah, I loved the movie. LOVED IT. After first seeing it with my dad, I saw it at the dollar matinee four more times, then found a... not-so-legal copy online. I've watched it dozens of times since.


Here's something fun
It's a frame with glow in the dark powder inside. You're supposed to let it charge in the light, then when you turn out the light, you can make little landscape looking things by tipping the frame here and there. Pretty neat, I got it for Christmas. A few weeks ago, when I turned out the light, I noticed a hand print on the frame. I reached over and found a glove on it. It left a hand print shadow on it. It was cute! So since then I've been playing with it in that way. Above you see Will Turner and a sticker...


And there's the shadow form of it. Heee! I think it's neat. In the shadow it looks like he put his left arm down. Ooooh the fun.

Last month, the ED Forum creator (Helene) posted a question: Which job would you apply for? I said I'd be the momma hen, running around making chicken soup for all the employees and making sure they don't work themselves too hard. Helene liked my answer so much she gave me these adorable little charms.
They are sooo cute. I'm not sure what I want them to be yet. Maybe earrings. I love the moo cards she sent too! You can't see much of Nayana's in the picture because I'm a dodo, but in that picture she's wearing a necklace I sent her as a christmas present back in January of '09. Teehee.



So... as much as I hate to say it, I had not cleaned my room for years. In fact, if I remember right, I cleaned my room two months after moving here... and that's it. We moved here almost 4 years ago. And that would all be well and dandy, but I hadn't cleaned, nor tried to keep it clean. It had become a disaster area. And got worse. Every few months, I'd try to start cleaning, but for one reason or another, I'd stop. The only pics I have of the room were taken this past January, when an online friend asked to see my room.


Oh the horror! This room was not exaggerated for the pics. And this is in some stage of clean. One of the many times I started cleaning then stopped. It was worse than that only a month or so before - before Jeremiah left.

But no more! It's clean now, and I'm hoping to keep it that way! WOOT! I ended up moving the furniture counterclockwise too. Everything except the desk that is.



BEHOLD THE CLEANLINESS!!

I'd like to direct your attention to the bulletin board. Here:
You could see part of it previously in a dirty room picture:

Originally, it was brown, and had an ugly paint splatter running down it. So I painted it pink. But I was tired of the pink. So I repainted it. Cow print. Hehe haha. I actually did leave a small corner of it the pink color, but it's not very visible here. I'll have to take a pic of the bulletin board so you can see it close up.
There we are. The upper right corner is the one that still has a smidgen of pink on it.

Ha! Check out my A-Team poster. Ooooh yeah. It's awesome. It's larger than my other posters. Well, except for the PotC one behind the CD player I think. They look like they might be the same size. When I was cleaning my room, I had the bootleg copy of A-Team playing continuously. lol.

The tv was my dad's. Which apparently was my brother's before that. When my brother upgraded to a big screen, he gave it to my dad. My dad got himself a big screen for Christmas, so I got this one. It's lovely. Much bigger (32inch) than my old one. (20inch) I'm so glad I finally got it in to my room, my dad was going crazy with it sitting in his room for so long. It's not a flat screen, so it's fairly big, awkward and heavy. I got my brother's help to move it, but we got it maybe 5 feet when I realized I wouldn't be able to help. It gave me nothing to hold on to. The bottom cut in to my fingers and the sides were somewhat rounded. Finally I suggested we flip it over and push it. (We couldn't push it right side up because the bottom isn't smooth) Worked perfectly. lol.

There's my craft desk now. I added shelves. I know that cuts down my actual workspace by a lot, but when I was using it before, I'd always end up using a tiny corner anyway, because I didn't have anywhere to put stuff. So eh. Now hopefully the workspace won't get smaller, because I have shelves to put stuff on.


Bathroom.



Closet.


I'm still displaying my signed ED Forum nametag! Hehe. :)


So you'll notice in the dirty pics that the curtains are blue. I was sooo sick of those curtains. So, I washed them and sewed new fabric over them. I went to Walmart for the fabric, and didn't really know what I'd get. I was actually pleasantly surprised - the two fabrics I liked best matched eachother! lol.

There's that bit of green in the pink that's the same green as the other fabric. Yaay. When I found the fabrics, I asked for three yards of each. No dice. That Walmart is getting rid of their fabric section, much to my displeasure, (no more inexpensive fabric for me!!!!) so everything was 75% off. They had less than 3 yards of each fabric. So I shrugged, took what they had left, and said "I'll manage." Phew! That was a CLOSE ONE. When I was done sewing them to the ugly blue curtains, all I had was:

This much left! None of the white fabric. Just two small squares of green. Which makes me happy. It was fate. Walmart just happened to have almost exactly the right amount of fabric that I needed. Ha hee haa haa.


An addition since the photos. I decided I wanted to keep my tea up here, since I have a sink in the bathroom and a microwave. It works well. :)


So there you have it! My loverly clean room. Took a week. It feels.... weird. Like, it's not even my room. lol. I feel like a stranger in my own room! But eh, I'll live. Eventually I'll get more used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy