Sunday, August 15, 2010

8/2-8/3 Hanging with People

Gibbs! NCIS! Yes, Gibbs, you are loved. Jimmy and his gf are still watching the seasons and seem to be getting in to the show too. I think Nubia likes it for sure, but I'm not certain about Jimmy. I think he likes it. We shall be an entire family of NCIS fans. Weee!



Dad managed to fix my puter. Well, he got it working anyhow. It's apparently no longer able to automatically find an ip address. He had to manually give it one. But it works now, so yay! Was so glad he was able to fix it last night too, his laptop wasn't letting me in the chat, so I was a bit late, but had a fun time once I got there. I'm reeeally sleepy, but I'm staying up for a couple hours til the next chat. I can do this! lol. *blinks slowly*




Previous Posts:
Planning on Catching Up
Visiting My Old Teacher
Playing with Glue
A Book I Read
Jamboree and Failed Meeting
Randomness
A Bird Bath Project
A Clean Room
Sled Run
Game Cube and N64
A Short Post
Hopeless


So it goes without saying that I don't actually hang out with people very often. Especially in real life. Of course, for a couple of months I've been especially isolated. So here's the first time I really hung out since that Jamboree.


8/2 Hanging with Sara and her family

So I met up with Sara, and we wandered Fashion Bug for a bit before deciding for food. Her family was deciding on food as well, so we met up with them at Ponderosa.

Sara and I got there first, so we sat around and waited a bit.


While we were sitting, we were right by those little toy machines, and I was staring at the Silly Band knockoffs. I think those silly bands are ridiculously stupid. We must have been sitting there for a while though, because suddenly I had an urge to get one.
I failed. The stupid machine SAYS that they're silly band knockoffs, and instead they give me a crumpled up sticker of some chick I don't even know!?!? Shame on you, stupid toy machine.


So then Sara tried. Of course, SHE was successful.


And she was kind enough to share. I chose the apple, quite possibly a subconscious decision due to the fact that I fear butterflies. The apple was a bit tight on my wrist though, so Sara tried stretching it out a bit... and ripped it in the progress. She gave me the butterfly as an apology, or mayhaps because she eventually decided she didn't want it anymore. lol.


Behold, a very informative poster for meat doneness. (Might I add that the poster says "Doneness" but this browser is squiggly-lining it. Not a word Ponderosa?!! Or is it the browser?! Dun dun DUNNN.) I like mine medium well, and looking at this poster, I see it makes sense - as normally, meat being "done" means 165 degrees.

This is Sara's brother, who thought his chicken tender looked... inappropriate.

These are Sara's sister's earrings. I've wanted to make sushi earrings too! Someday I shall, and they'll look way better than these. lol.

After Ponderosa, we split up again, this time taking one of Sara's sisters with us. We went to the mall.

I thought these shorts were hilarious. lol.


Ooo check this out. We were wandering the bra section, and saw these ridiculous ones. They were padded pushups with extra padding, guaranteed to push you two sizes up! Naturally, I had to try them.

This is me before. I want to assure you that I stand in the same pose in the after, except my head's a little straighter.


I am not pushing my chest out. These things are where they are "naturally". Why does that just... not look natural to me? I mean, it was sort of freaking me out. lol.


After the mall, we went to see Salt. It was... okay. I guess. I might watch it again when it comes to HBO or whatever. But yeah, eh.

After the movie, we went to Sara's family's house. INSIDE I got TWO mosquito bites. It was so mean. One on my left outer wrist, and one on my right index finger. My finger!!! I hate it cuz it itches and hurts and GRRRR.


ANyhoo.


The next day, Sara and I went to Old Country Buffet, and there we met Trishie, Mandy, and Timmy. We got there around 7, ate for less than an hour, then talked for over an hour. I hope the employees didn't hate us too much for staying past closing. We weren't eating.

We headed back to my place so I could show them my lovely clean room, and then we went to Timmy's house. He has such great credit he was able to buy a house. It's still mostly empty though, because with the house payments it will take them a while to save up for the furniture.



The picture looks terrible because it's night and my camera doesn't like focusing at night.


This picture makes me smile. Being new homeowners, Timmy and Trishie decided they wanted to plant vegetables. There's tomatoes, banana peppers, jalapenos... and I forget what else. But the reason for the smile? When my dad first became a homeowner, he thought the same exact thing. He planted tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, and I forget what else. Those tomatoes were good. He forgot all about them soon though, so I wonder if Timmy and Trishie will too.

I like this picture, despite the blur. That's Trishie in the back, heading towards the cornfields that begin right at the end of their yard.


Here's their kitchen/kitchen table. The table is one of the three pieces of furniture they have in the house - not including two stools, three folding chairs, and a small tv.


And here's their sectional, located in half of their family room. Sara says it's comfy, but I sat on the floor that night, forgot to test it out.

Kitty one. This kitty was shy, and spent most of its time down in the basement, where this pic was taken.


Kitty two. I'm pretty sure this one's name was Whisper. Whisper was not shy. Begged for attention most of the time. lol.


And here's their master bedroom, with the bed being the third piece of furniture. The house is huge, four bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms. Their plans are to have one guest bedroom, then a room for each of them to do what they wish.


There's Mandy. I'm standing in the walk in closet of their master. Behind Mandy is the "his closet", but they both use the walk in.


The lovely bathroom.


And Sara, taking advantage of the lint roller. Whisper leave little ginger hairs everywhere.

After the tour, we all sat down to play Mario Party 4. Well, except Timmy, he watched/played his gameboy. (It's a four player game and there were five of us.) It took a couple hours to play the shortest game. Crazyness. But it was fun. It's always more fun to play Mario Party with people than without.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha that bra is ridiculous.
    it's crazy, i sometimes go and check for a bra that is normal and without padding, i don't like these bras that make you feel like you are wearing a pillow, but i can never find any. i've just stopped to wear bras at all because of that, i realized i'm much more comfortable without. and if i feel the need for one i can aswell just put pillows in my top *eyeroll*. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy