Saturday, August 28, 2010

Linnaea Niele

Linny! This is my icon I used for the ED Forum. I've decided to change it though, so yep, now it will be here.






So an update on my finger, it's healed. Finally. But I've put the clay practice on hold for now, since I started another project I want to finish first.

And an update on me possibly joining a vlog collab channel... the due date for auditions is September 10th. I am... still unsure of whether or not I will audition. I have what I will say all written out, should I decide to... but I'm still not sure. Eh. I'll give myself a deadline of September 1st. I'll decide then if I want to do it, and then well, do it.

A few days ago, I was having a conversation with my mom. I disagreed with something she said, and she snapped at me. She called me a bitch for attacking her, and proceeded for twenty minutes to scream at me. What did I say? "I'll have to look that up and double check, because it seems too good to be true." When she started talking about Boost Mobile's international rates.
...
My mom has a way of butchering what you say and turning herself in to the victim. The best way to carry on a conversation with her is to keep quiet and let her do the talking. Sometimes, I forget that. The whole ordeal upset me greatly. I just wanted to crawl back in to bed and cry. But instead, I turned to one of my BJD's. Linny.

I felt bad, because there she was, sitting in her Barbie outfit. I was so incredibly tired of that outfit. I wanted her back in her blue leotard with pretty pink tutu... but I lost the leotard. No idea where it is. Here's the last picture I took of her in the barbie outfit:

It wasn't actually a picture of her. It was a picture of the entire desk. I just cut the desk out. So yep. There she is, in a bright green crocheted hat, her purple hair, a lovely scarf from annina, and her Barbie outfit that didn't really fit her too well. She had one other wig, but I hated it. It was too poofy. I honestly love her purple wig with bright green hat look,

but it was time for a change. And on this particularly sad day, the time came.

I started by crocheting. I'm still a beginner with it. In all honesty, I'm not a big fan of crocheting, so I never really planned on expanding my expertise. The last time I crocheted was to make two ED scarves for Marina, and before that it was that green hat. But I thought it would be a good way to distract me, so I went about making a shawl type dealy for her. It turned out alright, maybe a little wider than I had wanted, but eh. It works. Then I tried to make a hat. Fail. So I pulled it apart and tried again. FAIL. One more time. FAIL! How on earth was I having so much frickin trouble making a tiny hat, when that was the ONE thing I COULD make aside from a tiny ED sized scarf?! So I pulled it apart and tried again, failed again, except this time I just kept on going. It... turned in to a tiny sock. lol. So I made another tiny sock. Yay. Socks for Linny.

I then went in to my stash of fabrics to find some colors I wanted her to wear. I found a sash I stole from a reception hall. It was one of those sashes that they tie in to little bows around all the chairs for a wedding. They had gathered all the sashes except for one, and then the folks disappeared. So before I left, I took it. I chose this fabric as the under dress. And I went about hand sewing. It didn't turn out too bad.

Tada.


There's just a simple tie up thing in the back to fasten it shut. It doesn't look too pretty from back there though, so I didn't take any pictures of it.


While working on the dress, I also worked on a new, embroidery thread wig. Her purple wig was not going to match the light cream crocheted socks and shawl, champagne colored under dress, and dusty pink over dress. (the same material as Colette's skirt and accessories) Since I was giving her all new clothes, why not a new wig? Now, let me get one thing straight. I do not know how to make a wig. But I do know how to fake it. And faking it works best with embroidery thread. lol. I chose to give her a black wig this time, which I didn't like at first, but now I'm beginning to love. I think I was just so used to her in her purple hair. lol.


I had different plans for the outer dress. But those plans fell through. I'm just fine with what came out instead.

I didn't like this length though. It was just a smidgen too long, especially since she's to wear socks.

So I readjusted the length. I like this length better, but I might make it shorter eventually. *shrug*




And here she is with her shawl:
Adorable. I'm happy with the look. But... I still wanted her to have a hat!!!


There she is with her socks. Anyhoo, a hat. I decided to try again, even though I was so sick of crocheting the "hat" over and over again only to produce socks. So I try again. And it's beginning to look right... for a while... but at some point in time, I switched techniques... and forgot how I started it in the first place. I figured it was okay, because it looked like it could stretch... then a while in, I switched techniques again. Then... when I realized what I'd done, I stopped. Enough. NO HAT FOR LINNY!!! Instead of unraveling though, I tied it off and kept the failure. It wasn't big enough to fit over her head. I sighed and flipped it inside out.... and realized it took a shape. Of a top hat. ROFL. A tiny top hat! How cute!!


So there she is, her whole outfit.





Oooooh yeah... so totally meant to make a top hat. It's "fastened" on by tiny wires bent in half - bobby pin style.



I'm very happy with the outfit I managed to make, even though most of it happened by accident. Tee hee haha.

1 comment:

  1. aww i love her new outfit, love the colours, cream and pinks just go so well together! and my favourite part of it are the socks, they look so nice and fluffy-warm!

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy