Saturday, January 11, 2014

My Minecraft Mansion Pt 1 [image heavy]

Ahoy! I warned you all that I might be back with more minecraft pictures. And here I am! I spent some time just farming and fishing, until I got the hankerin' for some building. So, I switched to creative mode and went nuts! I'm splitting these pics in to two parts, so there isn't such a massive amount of pictures on one post.


First, I got started clearing out the space next to my original house. There's crazy amounts of hills and trees near me. Part way through clearing, I remembered to take a pic.





Some notes before I share all my pictures, last summer, I was playing minecraft on a personal server with my boyfriend. We "lived" in a hill home (noxy's default shelter making - digging in to the nearest hill) for quite a while before I decided to build a bigger home. Then, when I decided, I didn't know what to build! My homes in other worlds of mine were pretty basic, and boring. So, I wandered the Youtubes.

I found a guy named Profeshor Kaosh (xProKx) who had a few Let's Builds. His modern style appealed to me, and I inevitably chose to recreate his Modern Mansion. I recreated it almost exactly, taking some liberties in the furnishing, and some substitutions for blocks. (He has a texture pack, which makes his blocks nicer. Like his cobblestone. I had to settle for the nicest I could get, which was NOT ugly cobblestone. lol) It was nice to have direction, and I loved that mansion. Heck, I loved that server. Mayhaps someday I'll share the things that were made there... including an amusement park. lol.

So when I stared at my now blank canvas, I thought back to how much I loved that mansion. And that became the inspiration for my new mansion. I didn't even go back to the video for reference until I had to look it up just now, I simply built with the inspiration of what I could remember in my mind.

Okay. Here we go.

Front of the mansion. Very close to my first home.

One side....

Back...

Other side....


And the view from the top.


I built the shell before dishing out the internal rooms. I had to dig out even more to accommodate the back of the house, and the "yard". The front of the house design came really easy, the rest was trickier, but I think it all worked out. If you checked out the video I linked to, you can see where my home draws similarites. I used Quartz blocks, Stone bricks, and Dark Oak planks. (So happy to see dark oak as a new edition to the wood family, I had been using spruce and it just doesn't seem that dark.) I want to say I also used birch leaves. I think those are the leaves on the house. Jungle leaves were used inside and along the backyard. My preferred light block is the beacon, the others are just so ugly, except the torches... which don't quite fit my mansion theme.

Let's wander inside, shall we??

View as you walk in:


Starting with the two rooms on the right, the first is a small bathroom:
I'm loving the newer acacia wood, so I had to use it.


The second door on the right is a supply/storage room.
I stocked it full of everything you could need from the creative mode inventory.

So it's pretty full. lol.
 There are still some empty chests though. I plan on using those for my inventory when I'm farming and fishing, etc.



The room on the left is my office, which I've named the Daisy Room.
I... I like daisies.

I love the floor here, it's fun. I used wood blocks from all six types of trees. Then there's a chest full of empty books, which I can write in if I choose to, and then drop them in to the "finished books" chest - which is empty.  I utilized this book a lot in the server I played on, even if only I was reading it. For instance, in the amusement park's hotel, there was a "bulletin board" chest that has finished books that each advertised most everything in the park, as well as hotel bulletins. lol.

Moving on, after the hallway there's the kitchen.

And a lovely water cooler. lol. You can push the button and it dispenses a water bottle. Even though plain water bottles are useless, I still got a kick out of it.



So here's the kitchen. Yes, I went a little crazy with the rose decorations. Actually, seeing all the roses here when I was taking the picture, made me think I should change up the floor a bit.

I'm liking this better for now I think.

Then there's a balcony just off the kitchen.

For being such a hilly place, the hill next to the balcony was actually quite short. So I had to build it up to fit my vision.

Here's a glimpse:


And tada!
I used acacia trees along the top of the hill, and included every flower. Also vines and lily pads and a giant mushroom.

Plus a waterfall.



I'm quite happy with how it turned out. :)



Wandering back inside, there's the living room:


Nice little fire place. When I made the Modern Mansion last summer, I made the mistake of lighting the fireplace with fire. The fireplace in that video was mainly wood, if I remember right, and I tried adapting it and changing a bunch of it to stone and quartz in hopes it would make the fireplace usable. It was unsuccessful. That corner of the mansion burned up before I noticed. Ha. So I rebuilt and replaced the real fire with torches. I actually think the torches make for an adorable addition.

Another view from flying above.

A couple more flying views, you can see the bookshelves here:
They serve as a rail to the stairs.

Let's go upstairs, shall we?


Behold, the master bedroom/bath. This mansion is a two bedroom, two and a half bathroom. So the entire second floor is my bedroom.

Near the door we have a lovely shelf, and my bed is there with a large viewing window.


It overlooks my farm and my original house, which I have named Cobble.

And in this pic, you can see my armoire, my record player, and the hall leading to the bathroom.

In the Modern Mansion, the master bedroom had a closet, but I realized when stocking the closet that I could go for a smaller space. Hence my armoire.
I think it's adorable. The top chest has a full set of each type of armor, and nothing else. lol. The bottom chest has one of each flower, one of each record, and a few odds and ends - like an empty book if I want a journal.



That's all I'm sharing for now! I'll post the rest of the pictures tomorrow. You'll have to wait to see the master bathroom, which I am quite fond of. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy