Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Amazingness of Jump Breaks

I had one of those "duh" moments this morning as I sat, not sleeping.

For some time, I've been noticing blog posts on pages that stop a little ways down with a link to "Read more..."

I've been meaning to look in to those for a while now, but it was always something that I only ever thought of when I saw them. And when I saw them, I'd usually click "Read more.." and forget.

Finally remembered today, and it's so dang easy I should have been paying more attention. lol

In Blogger, when I'm writing up a post, if I have it set on "Compose" and not "HTML", there are all these options.


And for years, I've known what everything was for except for one.

This...

...is a Jump Break. When I hovered over it, I could see it was a jump break, but did not know what a jump break was for. And I never looked it up to find out.


Silly me, a jump break is where the post stops and you find the "Read more..." link.





Geeze.


So now I know. I went through the last year of posts and inserted jump breaks in to some of the longer ones. This option is great especially for image heavy posts. I had my blog set to show the newest three posts, but with some of the pic heavy posts, that made for a reeeally long page. Now I can throw a jump break in and keep five recent posts up with no issues. And the reader can choose if you want to click on to read/see those posts or not.


I like this change. Woot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy