Thursday, January 9, 2014

Playing Minecraft

Hey folks! So here's the dealio:

Am still in Michigan, so I can't really think of much to write about.

It's around 3am and I can't sleep.

My guy fixed a computer in the house that needed a full reboot, and then put minecraft on it... which means now I have something to play sometimes.

So I'm here, in my minecraft shirt, deciding to share some screenshots of the lame stuffs I've been up to in my world.







Yeah, it's basically a temporary world since I'll eventually be leaving here for home, but it passes the time.
(Although, my guy might have a usb stick that I could use to save my world and bring it with me... if I get too attached to it. lol)


I hadn't thought of sharing pics until after I'd already started working on it. Had I thought of it sooner, I would have taken a pic of the world as soon as I landed. Ah well.

When I landed in the world, there were hills, a LOT of spruce trees, then chickens and wolves. I immediately wanted a puppy but knew I'd have to wait until I managed to get me some bones from a skeleton. I only hoped they'd still be around. They were. :)


The house I'm about to show you is my current house in game.


As a force of habit, I build my home base as close to my original spawn point as possible. I learned that the hard way in my very first world, when I eventually needed to build a path, and inevitably a minecart system from my spawn to my home.

It's common for me to start out by finding the closest hill and building in to it, but this time I decided to be different. I built a crude, small house out of dirt and leaves. (I used a tree near me for the leaves, so I could see out of my house.) The house had a door, a crafting table, a chest, an oven, and a ladder leading down. In the day, I would spend my time slooowly wrangling chickens. And at night, I'd fight skeletons through holes in my house, and dig down to find coal and iron.

It was three minecraft days before I tried expanding a window. I... don't do well when a creeper comes by. I literally watched as it came toward my house, hopped over it, and entered through the "window" I had failed to close. I had a piece of charcoal in my hand, and didn't think quickly enough to switch to my sword. Boom. The house I'm showing you now is what I decided to build after the boom. (well, after hiding myself in my "basement" until morning.)

Sand wasn't too far from me, so I was able to make glass, though originally, the windows on the first floor were leaves.

ANYHOO.


 Here's the interior. Pretty basic. You can see the ladder leading down as well as the ladder leading up. There are three large chests, the top has building supplies, middle has food, and bottom has miscellaneous whatnots. The dirt house had a floor that was 4x2. This one is 6x5.


 Upstairs is a small room with just a bed. I decided to keep the leaves as windows here.





And this is a view from right outside the door.

 Another view.



The chickens:
 I started with three or four chickens. They were SUCH A PAIN to wrangle. I essentially trapped them in a tiny room, then built a hallway from the room to where the pen was. And then, to my dismay, I started noticing they were glitching through the fence and getting out! So I dug down a bit, and added a ladder for me to get in.


The cows were not too far from where I found the sand.
It took quite a while to wrangle two cows up. I needed two though, to breed.


The red sheep is of course not naturally red. I found him pretty close by, and I figured I didn't need to breed sheep, so I only grabbed the one. I dyed him black first, before I decided on red. :)
 But then a couple minecraft days later, when wandering in the same direction that my sheep was found, I found a pink sheep. According to the wiki, "The rarest of the bunch is the Pink Sheep: a tiny 0.164% chance of getting one naturally."  So I wrangled her in too.


 The pigs were in the same place as the pink sheep. I grabbed two of them, because I managed to get a carrot from a zombie, and knew I could plant it to start breeding. I just haven't farmed yet to do so.


I originally cleared out a hill that was next to my house to place my food farm, but when I covered the animal pens, (It was raining, I felt bad. lol) I realized the farm would work atop.


 I haven't done any farming in a while, I was working on something, hence why almost everything is ready for harvest. This lighting method doesn't work too great though, it makes for some inconsistent farming.



There's my infinity well. Very useful.


And there's my pup in his dog house, next to the pond.
 I've named my pup Jethro, and yes, he was sitting outside with me while I was working on my pond when it started raining again, and I felt bad. So, dog house. lol. The other structure is so I can stand by my pond while it rains and not get wet myself. Not that it matters much, but yeah.


The pond is totally man made. A body of water is not too far from here, but after I cleared out all this space, I figured why not. I planted the two trees near the pond, then placed all the foliage myself. :)
 You can see the bottom of the pond is glass. Below is a room that can be accessed through the mining basement. There's nothing in there right now - not sure what will go there yet.


Look, salmon!!


That's my little place in minecraft. Since starting I haven't ventured far in any direction. I was never one for an explorer, mainly because I get so easily lost. I have noticed a very small, three building village a bit west from home. Meh. I've been enjoying farming. This pond is brand new, but I imagine I'll enjoy fishing as well - especially since the last time I played, there was only one thing you could fish out of the water - raw fish. Now there's salmon, clown fish, puffer fish, trash and treasure too! So far, I've gotten a few fish and a few salmon, one clown fish, a puffer fish, and string. lol.


I often find I have the most fun just building crappy homes/fixtures/whatnot, so I might be switching to creative sometime soon to possibly upgrade/expand my home. But I'll be farming/fishing for a bit yet I imagine. As boring as it sounds, for me, it's lovely. Like a vacation. lol.

There might be another minecraft post soon, if I'm still here in Michigan. Hope you don't mind.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy